NEurope

I used to laugh at the mario kart double dash menu when the only thin you could really do was change the sound to mono,stereo or surround... you couln'd even turn up or off the music...

etc.. you either play it their way or nothing.

Remote control broken?

I bet all those people condemning Nintendo for not using online in this are still going to buy this and love it anyway.

I'm going to congratulate them. I'm sick of online modes.

Yeah if it's not online it's a joke, because otherwise alot of people aren't gonna be able to play the game the way it's supposed to be played with 4 players.

People should get more friends.

And as such Nintendo should sell the remotes cheaper.

I am sort of hoping they'll provide alternate control methods for this game. I don't want to have to slot my wiimote out of the motion plus in order to play it in the sideways way (my hands can just about reach the buttons if its in)

IMO, there should be an option to use the Classic Controller and have the waggle mapped to x or y or something. In other words, the exact controls from Super Mario World.

Remote control broken?

think you missed the point by a mile there but seen I made the post about a week ago i guess you might have.

It's sad that they won't put online in it but I couldn't see myself playing this kind of game online.

With 3 more people in the same room is way more fun specially if it is cooperative. That's how I'll be playing it anyway, regardless of online presence.

think you missed the point by a mile there but seen I made the post about a week ago i guess you might have.

I know baby.

But have you fixed your remote control since? ;)

I know baby.

But have you fixed your remote control since? ;)

haha funny you should mention it doesn't work or a lost it.. probably both.. :D

Another modest question: When Cammie said on the E3 that the were 'hard at work' trying to make a mario game with the something like the 4th dimension, did they mean this game or SMG2 or something completely different?

Another modest question: When Cammie said on the E3 that the were 'hard at work' trying to make a mario game with the something like the 4th dimension, did they mean this game or SMG2 or something completely different?

Super Mario PS3

Iwata: (laughs)

But in all seriousness, I think it was just a cheap way to introduce the 4-player mode in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

They said Miyamoto wanted to create a 4D Mario game and then announced this. They never really said either was 4D.

Yeah they meant this, but explained it in a stupid way with the whole 4D thing. 4D being that it's a 4 player co-op Mario, the first time there's been a Mario like this.

When they were building up the whole 'Shigsy revolutionary new idea'... 'taking Mario to a whole new dimension of gaming'... 'into 4D'... I was thinking OMFG!!!... Nintendo are gonna revolutionise the gaming world once again, but no...

Yeah they meant this, but explained it in a stupid way with the whole 4D thing. 4D being that it's a 4 player co-op Mario, the first time there's been a Mario like this.

When they were building up the whole 'Shigsy revolutionary new idea'... 'taking Mario to a whole new dimension of gaming'... 'into 4D'... I was thinking OMFG!!!... Nintendo are gonna revolutionise the gaming world once again, but no...

Just wait for it, they will pump out new peripherals like crazy fucks and then they will see what the feedback is amongst gamers. Then, when the Wii 2 hits the world, we will see holographic-motion sensing-madness!

Bringing the gaming world into your living room, literually:awesome:

^ Really? It looks watered down to me, but then I haven't played the DS version so don't really know what to expect.

Still can't stand the graphics they're going for with these new Marios!

Will probably be fun, but it's nothing I'm getting excited about atm.

Does Europe get this for Christmas?

Edited by Retro_Link

No doubt it'll be great fun, and I've been wanting a new home console classic 2D Mario since Mario World, but they couldn've done far more with the graphics and given us online. Still be getting this though.

I'm sure that trailer is not new. Or they're reusing a lot of old footage. One or the other.

^ Really? It looks watered down to me, but then I haven't played the DS version so don't really know what to expect.

Just pray its longer than the DS version, you can rape that game in an afternoon. :(

Just pray its longer than the DS version, you can rape that game in an afternoon. :(

You can rape it, but that will stop you from having a romantic li'l evening with it:laughing:

P.S.: OMFG IT'S CAPTAIN QUARCK!!

haven't seen him in ages, I must get my friend to buy the new Ratchet and Clanck for the PS3:yay:

Well it seems Nintendo have noticed that people still fucking love 2D mario games (Amazes the heck out of me how strong those legs on New Mario Bros has)

To me, it's going to be good I think, I know it ain't Mario 3 nor Super Mario World, buuut it's like Nintendo are trying to make it new and fresh and expand on a Mario 2D platformer again (Just looking at the levels in the demo of this game shows how much more it has expanded compared to the DS brother)