NEurope

Kinda seems Mario Partyish... If this is 'competitive' co-op with no story, its going to be a light affair at best.

There's supposed to be some hard areas in it so make it a bit tricky for everyone, so fingers crossed we get a bitch of a world 8 like in Mario 3 :heh:

I like this! :D and agree with your sentiments on Mario 3, haha!

Yep, I agree. We are pretty good at working within the limitations of Nintendo's online gaming.

As a fan of Nintendo. I've got used to it over the years.

Kinda seems Mario Partyish... If this is 'competitive' co-op with no story, its going to be a light affair at best.

Co-op looks to be just an option. I have a feeling it will be a bit better in single player.

So does it have a PROPER lengthy one player too? I presumed this was more of a multiplayer game?!

Still disappointed this i the only real Nintendo game we're getting this autumn/christmas.... WHat the hell have Nintendo been working on?

The Single Player is as long as the multiplayer as they're the same levels

This is the big Nintendo game released this Christmas?

That can't be right... they much have something else.

I agree it is BIG, I was a bit pissed off at first that there was no online (even restricting it to two players online would have done me) but its definitely a must buy..

First new proper 2D Super Mario Bros game on a console in what, 18 years?

I dont count Super Mario World 2: Yoshis Island as a Super Mario Bros. game.

Edited by lostmario

According to Wikipedia, Super Mario World was released in Europe June 4th 1992 (17 years ago today), year and a half after Japan.

According to Wikipedia, Super Mario World was released in Europe June 4th 1992 (17 years ago today), year and a half after Japan.

Wow...I feel old.

I've always thought a Home Console 2D Mario was overdue. One thing though...why the two different coloured toads? It does seem a bit like they ran out of characters. Well...we've got Mario..Luigi...Toad...we can't have Peach as she's obviiiiously in another castle.

Let's have Toad 2!

That's a bit lame, I think. :(

yeah, im hoping that the two toads are just place holders. yoshi is ridable, so you cant play as him without creating a universe destroying paradox. id put money on wario and waluigi being in.

yeah, im hoping that the two toads are just place holders. yoshi is ridable, so you cant play as him without creating a universe destroying paradox. id put money on wario and waluigi being in.

No.

No.

I think a Super Mario Bros. style game (sidescroller) which focuses on Bowser, Wario, Waluigi and the Goombas trying to overthrow Mario would be awesome. Wario is where it's at! :)

I always thought the Wario Land (was it Wario Land: Mario Land 3 or something?) was better than the mario platformers. Wario is a more entertaining and fun to use character. Had tons of great ideas that were only used in Wario Land games, especially the fourth, which was awesome.

I always thought the Wario Land (was it Wario Land: Mario Land 3 or something?) was better than the mario platformers. Wario is a more entertaining and fun to use character. Had tons of great ideas that were only used in Wario Land games, especially the fourth, which was awesome.

I had the first Wario Land on the Gameboy and loved it! He really is a fun character. It's awesome that Nintendo have used him a lot more these days, especially in Wario Ware and The Shake Dimension.

A Super Wario Bros. with Wario and Waluigi...I'd buy it!

This is the big Nintendo game released this Christmas?

That can't be right... they much have something else.

i agree..

it's not the fact that it's a super mario bros game... I mean for such a small showing it shows glaring disappointments..

1) the graphics are poor.

2)no on-line

3) bad characters(2 toads!?.. perhaps eventually you might get a character select screen but...i;m not holding out)

apprantly the game freezes briefly when one character dies too... that's stupid..

has miyamoto actually lost it?.. I mean the last game WAS wii music

or am I jumping too fast into this?

Well, ....the reserved shelf space could be for New Super mario Bros Wii + Wii Fit Plus....

And the 2 toads: I don't think Wario and Waluigi will be there, because they really don;t have much to do with the SUPER MARIO BROS. franchise. I really can't think of any other characters than toads that could be the 3rd and 4th players. Toadsworth, Toadette and toads in all kind of colours are the only characters that are left when you look at the franchise. I think that they won't throw in playable enemies......no playable peach.....so what do you have left that once turned up in old-skool mario games.....pixel-Donkey Kong?

Edited by Fused King

How are the graphics poor?

compared to this

and more recently this..

you cannot exactly say it's good.. in every way so far mario bros wii could have been made on ds and i don't believe that processing shit when the grinder has a 4 player co-op running on-line in an early build of the game

Edited by mcj metroid

I can say its good. I also say its a different style.

The graphics are nice, colourful, crisp and very Mario.

I can say its good. I also say its a different style.

The graphics are nice, colourful, crisp and very Mario.

nobody really likes the nsmb style.. why keep it?... the only reason i'll say is there must be some sort of connectivity between the ds version and the wii one.. it pretty much confirms it.. in a final fantasy sort of way where the graphics are kept the same along both platforms..

the possibilties are there however..maybe a person playing the ds version coulf join along a person playing the wii version who knows.

nobody really likes the nsmb style.. why keep it?... the only reason i'll say is there must be some sort of connectivity between the ds version and the wii one.. it pretty much confirms it.. in a final fantasy sort of way where the graphics are kept the same along both platforms..

the possibilties are there however..maybe a person playing the ds version coulf join along a person playing the wii version who knows.

That's actually very likely:idea: