NEurope

Initially I wasn't very impressed by this, but it gets better the more I hear about it. To be honest, I don't think it would be well suited to online play, it'll definitely be more fun with 4 people sat together.

Hopefully it has enough content to justify a retail release, especially if this is their big Christmas game.

I agree with you that it is probably more suited to offline multiplayer but it wouldnt have hirt to include it surely?

Let's say they did include it. Knowing Nintendo, there would be no Wii Speak support, so it'd be pretty much be like playing with the computer anyway. With friend codes, it would not only be more of a hassle to set up than local multiplayer, but there's also the issue of attempting to get 4 people online at the same time.

Pretty much how I feel.

There is no excuse for this not having an online mode, its just plain lazy on Nintendos part. Their whole stance to online gaming is really starting to pee me off.

I'm starting to edge toward buying a 360. Nintendo's attitude toward online is staggering. This game, with Wii Speak and online would be ace, and even if it were better played with friends sitting next to you, there's no reason to not have the option of online.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be picking this up, but it's another poke in the eye for the long term fans.

Let's say they did include it. Knowing Nintendo, there would be no Wii Speak support, so it'd be pretty much be like playing with the computer anyway. With friend codes, it would not only be more of a hassle to set up than local multiplayer, but there's also the issue of attempting to get 4 people online at the same time.

Which goes to show Nintendo need to get their fingers out and sort out their online structure. They said they would address this with their next console when the Cube was around and to be honest they really haven't.

Like Zechs said though I will still be buying it as I enjoyed New Super Mario Bros on the DS, aslong as extras aren't unlocked by having to play multiplayer then I can live with Nintendos decision.

To be honest, I don't think it would be well suited to online play, it'll definitely be more fun with 4 people sat together.

But you can argue that about ANY any game- local multiplayer is ALWAYS better, having someone sit next to you when you beat them is far more preferential than any online match- obviously tech holds us back, screen size proves a problem for any more than 4, but if we could have 64 players in a room, we would do. Online is a substitute for not having massive screens/LAN/super market car park sized living rooms.

In my opinion, where multiplayer is available, it should include online. And this game screams for it, it'd be an absolute riot- local or online. A huge shame if Nintendo don't revise their decision, they need online in this.

I'm beginning to like this more and more. I'll probably have to end up playing it single player, but I'm not really bothered. They really need to get rid of the game pausing every time someone gets a power up.

Here's a gameplay vid which GoNintendo have posted.

Hahaha, the japs playing it are having a great time.

Hahaha, the japs playing it are having a great time.

As well they should be, its a freaking 2D Mario game!

Which goes to show Nintendo need to get their fingers out and sort out their online structure. They said they would address this with their next console when the Cube was around and to be honest they really haven't.

Like Zechs said though I will still be buying it as I enjoyed New Super Mario Bros on the DS, aslong as extras aren't unlocked by having to play multiplayer then I can live with Nintendos decision.

That's another good point, if there are unlockables where you need to play multiplayer, then that will really annoy me. It was like when the original Metroid was unlockable in Prime - but only if you messed about with a link cable and the GBA.

Things like that piss me off. If I've gone out and bought the game and the stuff is on the disk I should be able to use it, not have to miss out because I don't have four players to play it with or because I don't have a GBA.

Nintendo are doing fantastically well this generation, but I feel they are basing far too much of their progress on the casual market - much of which could easily slide away next gen when a new or more popular 'in' thing comes along.

They seem to be doing everything they can to alienate the actual people who have been around from the days of the NES.

It does look pretty fun. A 2D Mario on a home console (not yoooou Paper Mario) is just what I need, I think. I have fond memories of my brother playing it when I was younger. He wasn't really into games, but when it comes to two games, he was almost God-like. Goldeneye, and Super Mario Bros. He'll love this.

When I first saw this I was rather underwhelmed. What they showcased in the conference was merely the foundations on what is set to be a great game. The more I hear and see about it the more excited I become. The videos of it look fantastic! plus 80 + levels. YES PLEASE!

Shame about no online Multiplayer.. no excuses really. Complain about friend codes all you want but on this forum I've never had too much of a problem arranging a match. :) Would have been ace to play Multiplayer Mario with you guys. : peace:

This looks great, online doesn't bother me at all as I'm not much of an online person.

This is reminding me of Super Mario World. Hopefully it has the over world.

This is reminding me of Super Mario World. Hopefully it has the over world.

Yeah, the NSMB overworld was incredibly dull compared to the one in Super Mario World. I want this to really feel like I'm exploring a whole world again, and not just going along a set path of levels.

Are we talking like Mario 3 overworld thing on a grander scale??

I don't have a DS so don't know :sad: or are we talking the yoshi one on the snes???

Are we talking like Mario 3 overworld thing on a grander scale??

I don't have a DS so don't know :sad: or are we talking the yoshi one on the snes???

nsmb 1 had an overworld like super mario bros 3 but well... more zoomed in and boring...

I wonder if the Yoshis will have the colour/shell powers like in World.

So does it have a PROPER lengthy one player too? I presumed this was more of a multiplayer game?!

Still disappointed this i the only real Nintendo game we're getting this autumn/christmas.... WHat the hell have Nintendo been working on?

So does it have a PROPER lengthy one player too? I presumed this was more of a multiplayer game?!

?

80 plus levels for single... not bad

When I first saw this I was rather underwhelmed. What they showcased in the conference was merely the foundations on what is set to be a great game. The more I hear and see about it the more excited I become. The videos of it look fantastic! plus 80 + levels. YES PLEASE!

+1

There was never any doubt I was going to buy this game (I'm a sucker for 2D platformers; and additionally, while not perfect, I rather enjoyed New Super Mario Bros. for the DS), but the more footage I see, the more I'm liking the game.

I'm certainly more anxious for this game than Mario Galaxy 2. Don't get me wrong, the first game was extremely polished and all, but it's a matter of personal preference: I simply don't have as much fun playing a 3D Mario game when compared to the 2D efforts.

I just hope they improve something I found not very good with New Super Mario Bros.: the overworld. It was rather boring, when compared to something like Super Mario World. I want lots of secrets, crazy worlds, the whole thing. I doubt we'll get it though...

This actually looks pretty decent. I liked the DS one and Galaxy looked great from what I saw. Hopefully it's not toob watered down for mass appeal though.

This actually looks pretty decent. I liked the DS one and Galaxy looked great from what I saw. Hopefully it's not toob watered down for mass appeal though.

There's supposed to be some hard areas in it so make it a bit tricky for everyone, so fingers crossed we get a bitch of a world 8 like in Mario 3 :heh:

There's supposed to be some hard areas in it so make it a bit tricky for everyone, so fingers crossed we get a bitch of a world 8 like in Mario 3 :heh:

And what a bitch it was. I spent soo much time on it. Still.... loved every second, and the feeling of completing it was great :yay:

Shame about no online Multiplayer.. no excuses really. Complain about friend codes all you want but on this forum I've never had too much of a problem arranging a match. :) Would have been ace to play Multiplayer Mario with you guys. : peace:

Yep, I agree. We are pretty good at working within the limitations of Nintendo's online gaming.