NEurope

This game has sold nearly 7 million copies. Reggie should have been braver and said this game will sell more than MW2 on any platform :) It's behind the 360 version, but I reckon it'll be over it by the end of January (when the period ends). Crazy crazy world!! It's a great game, but what is it about it that appeals to so many people? I don't get it!

Marketing and 20+ years of branding. Still, other Mario games wish they were that lucky.

Yes but that's not really as noticeable as you might think. Even when somebody dies the game stops for a second but Again not really THAt noticeable you gte used to it.

I pretty much agree with everything he says.. A thing that isnt brought up enough in nintendo game reviews is options in nintendo games... Choices. New super mario bros doesnt allow you to play with the classic controller I think.. You may think what's the point? but meh.. Some games like pikmin dont have options whatsoever I think.

Most of the time It works well but it's one of the reasons why games like f-zero gx outshines A lot of nintendo games is the sheer choice in the game. it would not have been as good if nintendo made it.

Will watch it later but what you said isn't exactly true or necessarly a good thing.

Played multiplayer with my cousin earlier on today. It is sooo much fun scrambling to get on the one remaining Yoshi, and trying to kill the other person while they're trying to kill you. Grabbing Koopas and waiting for the opportune moment to let it go. Picking your mate up and launching them at the nearest enemy, or even just jumping on them sending them to their death. It adds such a different twist to the single player game. Loving it :D

I expect everyones already found it, but if you butt stomp a player on a Yoshi, you steal the Yoshi from them. That little gem has made the 4 player Yoshi levels just immense.

A computer. :cry:

Not true. In Iwata asks he mentions how when they changed evels and such the designers had to re-record the videos again.

And as for Nintendo and options. I have ranted and ranted about this very thing on numerous occassions on these boards. One not that long ago... I guess my posts aren't very memorable :weep:

Not only that, but I think the original patent (the one that made us think this would be in a Zelda game) mentioned that it used a series of recorded button presses.

Not true. In Iwata asks he mentions how when they changed evels and such the designers had to re-record the videos again.

Really? That's very surprising - I swear I swore something in the credits about this stuff. Do you have a link? I'm suddenly curious. :)

And as for Nintendo and options. I have ranted and ranted about this very thing on numerous occassions on these boards. One not that long ago... I guess my posts aren't very memorable :weep:

Sorry, I forgot what you were saying.

All Europe sales 31st Dec:

- DS 40m (first to hit the 40m mark)

- Wii 20m (fastest to hit the 20m mark)

- Wii Sports Resort 5m

- Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus 9.6m

- NSMB Wii 2.5m

Japan: Mario Series

01. [NFC] Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - / 6.810.000

02. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 865.024 / 5.602.410

03. [NGB] Super Mario Land (Nintendo) - / 4.190.000

04. [NFC] Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo) - / 3.840.000

05. [sFC] Super Mario World (Nintendo) - / 3.550.000

06. [NGB] Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins (Nintendo) - / 2.700.000

07. [NFC] Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) - / 2.650.000

08. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 936.734 / 2.485.150[

09. [sFC] Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Nintendo) - / 1.770.000

10. [N64] Super Mario 64 (Nintendo) - 162.111 / 1.639.921

11. [NFC] Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - / 1.630.000

12. [NGB] Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (Nintendo) - / 1.590.000

13. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) - 256.431 / 964.414

14. [GCN] Super Mario Sunshine (Nintendo) - 280.610 / 789.989

Edited by Dante

Got this for xmas and have playedabit with my gf (up to world 4).

I like how if there is abit my gf is stuck on she can just press A and float to wear i am! lol. Also the penguin suit is just funny to look at!

We have both had a few moments where we have bounched into each other which has end in either of us dying, it is funny but can get annoying at times.

Overall i would say it is another good mario platform game. Looking forward to Super Mario Galaxy 2 more though! :)

Not only that, but I think the original patent (the one that made us think this would be in a Zelda game) mentioned that it used a series of recorded button presses.

Yes, because the patent said you could take control at any time.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

US: 4 million (Dec 31st)

EU: 2.50 million (Dec. 31st)

JP: 2.49 million (Dec. 27th)

Total: 8.99 million

Only these sales so far:

Modern Warfare 2

US: 6.07 million (Nov. 28th)

EU: 3.28 million (only UK -- Jan. 2nd; and FR -- Nov. 14th)

JP: 0.18 million (Dec. 13th)

Total: 9.53 million

well his bet was that new super mario bros will outsell modern warfare on ONE platform. At leats I think it was..

If i'm right then yes he was right. New super mario bros has longer shelf life as well because nintendo release very spaced out sequels.

nintendo release very spaced out sequels.

That's funny! Because the next Mario game is Galaxy. In space. Spaced out Mario! Funny stuff...

Sorry. Well, I like this game quite much! I have just entered World 8 and got all Star Coins and Secret Goals on the way, so I have spent a lot of time with the game. 15 hours or probably more. However, the multiplayer is a bit boring. Sure, I laughed a couple of times but nothing special. Have only played 2 player, though, one sitting with a good player and another sitting with a not so good player.

Nikkei Net = New Super Mario Bros. Wii has now sold 10 million units worldwide. The milestone was reached in around 8 weeks. This makes it the fast selling individual format title to 10 million.

Japan sales have reached 3 million according to Enterbrain. North America sales are over 4.5 million and Europe sales are approaching 3 million.

I'm optimistic in that I do think it will benefit Galaxy 2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii will be fresh in the mind of all those millions of consumers for the most part of 2010. As long as they don't push Galaxy 2 back too far, I think even the more casual gamers will see it on shelves and think "Oh look, another big Mario game on the Wii. Cool."

Galaxy released when the console was still fairly young, remember. It did great in penetrating the core market, but I think much of the more casual crowd were still buying into the Wii for the novelty and Wii Sports back in late 2007. Now though, I'd like to think a large portion of that crowd have been successfully transitioned onto the likes of New Super Mario Bros Wii (sales would suggest so). I hope those players are now open to spending more on big name software, so it could mean a lot of them will buy into Galaxy 2.

All very optimistically speculative, though.