NEurope

This entire post is brilliant. :heart:

YEs yes I get the idea you dont like me.

You've only shown it 3 TIMES in the last day or so. But you never responded to any of my posts at all. Coward:bouncy:

Just to note. I haven't played the game yet, but I will and I will enjoy it when I do. I'm not saying these things to be controversial, But I do hate when nintendo fans orgasm over something before and just when it comes out and then give it a month or so.... Nah it's not as good as super mario world,or 3..and while most of the time this is true, sometimes It isn't.

This is the worst with the legend of zelda. Someone already made a great post on this but NOTHING will ever be as good as OOT in the long term apparantly, despite improvments in graphics,control and music.

The review scores show what I mean here. On n-europe here ye gave the game a 10/10.... No offence to the reviewer but without even playing the game I highly doubt it compares to like super mario galaxy,wind waker etc etc. True 10 worthy games.

It's not hard to fault the game like. The graphics aren't great, the music quality isn't great, it is very very short...there I gave you 3 without even playing the game and without mentioning on-line play. Those aren't game wrecking things but doesn't make it perfect either.

I'm trying to be honest and get a bit of discussion going. Wouln't it be dull if it was always.. OMG NEW NINTENDO MARIO GAME THE GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING ETC! yes

Edited by mcj metroid

I think I must just be a terrible gamer, because I'm going through NSMB Wii and DS at the same time, and I find myself dying way too many times on both. World 3 on the Wii version, 5 on the DS. :heh:

In other news, the penguin suit is great! Shame I tend to lose it pretty much straight after I collect it...

YEs yes I get the idea you dont like me.

You've only shown it 3 TIMES in the last day or so. But you never responded to any of my posts at all. Coward:bouncy:

On top form as usual. You never let me down. ;)

In other news, the penguin suit is great! Shame I tend to lose it pretty much straight after I collect it...

It annoys the hell out of me when that happens, except when its the Ice Flower. Although to be fair it has come in handy when I have been trying to reach a high place and I use an enemy as a building block. :D

The game is really starting to grow on me now, I even found myself humming away to the New Mario Bros theme tune which is surprising as I thought it was quite meh when I played it on the DS.

Im enjoying going through all of the worlds again looking for all the hidden coins and exits. Its great when you find the first and last coin and you spend ages looking high and low in the area between them for the final piece of the puzzle. :)

Really enjoying this game, the problem is... you can literally finish a world in 20-30 minutes. It's going through very quickly. I appreciate there are tons of secrets etc but still a bit disappointing.

Also, why are there so few airship levels?? In the first 5 worlds there's only a single airship. Poor really, especially given how much fun they are. Would it have killed them to add 1 or 2 more?

Edit: Level 8-7 is the best. f-ing. level. ever.. Ok not ever, but it's brilliant fun.

Edited by Ronnie
Automerged Doublepost

The 3 coins per level really make this last much longer. Howevr they also upset me as they remind me of my days hunting DK coins in DKC 2/3. We really need a 2D update. This outing gives me hope. We've had Wario and Mario - Donkey Kong next pleeeease?! (And no, Jungle Beat doesn't count!)

(And no, Jungle Beat doesn't count!)

It should - it's the best Donkey Kong platformer out of the lot.

As good as JB is its not a patch on the DKC trilogy, IMO. I would kill for another DKC game, hell a wiiware version would do me.

Oh dear...

Although a solid, 'fun' game, Jungle Beat doesn't reach the heights of the DKC trilogy. Jungle Beat just doesn't have one iota of the atmosphere of the original DKC trilogy. A shame but something which ensures the DKC trilogy is a much-remembered classic.

Furthermore, having so much content within a puny cartridge format, the DKC trilogy makes Jungle Beat's gargantuan disk size look wasted in comparison.

I didn't play the DKC games when they came out, but I've played the first one since, and just couldn't get into it. I much preferred the combo system of platforming brought by Jungle Beat, and as for atmosphere, I though it was great how the characters in the background danced along to the music. (I guess I know I'm in a minority really. ;))

I didn't play the DKC games when they came out, but I've played the first one since, and just couldn't get into it. I much preferred the combo system of platforming brought by Jungle Beat, and as for atmosphere, I though it was great how the characters in the background danced along to the music. (I guess I know I'm in a minority really. ;))

Firstly, for shame, Mike. What were you doing in '94-'96 that kept you from playing the trilogy when they were hot off the press? You missed out on some great times.

Secondly, DKC had combo-ing! If you killed eight (I think?) baddies in a row you would get an extra life. Back me up here tapedeck. :geek:

Firstly, for shame, Mike. What were you doing in '94-'96 that kept you from playing the trilogy when they were hot off the press? You missed out on some great times.

Playing on my Amiga 600, I think! I didn't really get into Nintendo gaming until the N64.

And jumping on 8 enemies' heads in a row for a combo is hardly the same as how combos work in Jungle Beat, with the backflips, wall jumps, ground pounds, etc. :heh:

The Chili Pepper Kingdom is seriously one of my favourite gaming levels ever:

Anyway, we'd better get back to the Mario discussion before someone complains. ;) Reached World 5 this morning!

Bought this yesterday, with the intention of playing this for the first time with 3 other people for some multiplayer fun. Unfortunately, the available Wii was modded, and its owner didn't dare to update it :indeed:. Oh well.

I made a video of me playing for the first time, my first run of 1-1, so they could see what they're missing out on ;).

Apparently, it's perfectly fun in singleplayer, I was under the impression it was mainly a multiplayer game.

Anyway, did the first 2 worlds and 5-1. Great fun so far, though I'd love to have given multiplayer a go..

About that shake to hold stuff, it hasn't been a problem yet, allthough I'd also preferred simply holding 'b' (I mean '1'). I can see why they did that though, in multiplayer you're able to pick up eachother, and you don't wanna do that accidently. And as veteran Mario players never release that 'b' button ;)..

Did world 7 and 8 and finished the game with some fun 4 player mayhem. Great laugh, really entertaining. Really like this game.

The last castle/level is the biggest joke I've ever seen.

Great game overall, but bloody hell, that was the easiest, shortest, crappiest Bowser's castle in any Mario game.

Boss fight was pretty cool though.

The last boss fight was really easy. And bowser's castle was awesome. I have to say I disagree completely. In every way.

The last boss fight was really easy. And bowser's castle was awesome. I have to say I disagree completely. In every way.

I'm amazed.

Bowser's castle was awesome? 2 rooms? PISS EASY linear boring rooms? Even the DS version was ten times better.

Even the castle in world 1 was more interesting!

I think I must just be a terrible gamer, because I'm going through NSMB Wii and DS at the same time, and I find myself dying way too many times on both.

Don't worry man, I've got the same problem as you do. I'm actually finding the difficulty perfect, plenty challenging for me, personally. In my opinion, the difficulty is relatively similar to Super Mario Bros. 3, but that's just my 2 cents.

I too am really digging the music, I found myself at one stage just sitting on the title screen just listening to the tunes.

If nostalgia was a fight, I'd be bleeding from the brain.

I'm amazed.

Bowser's castle was awesome? 2 rooms? PISS EASY linear boring rooms? Even the DS version was ten times better.

Even the castle in world 1 was more interesting!

Maybe he was in another castle.....

cringe anybody?

Got this last thursday (Yay for broken street dates!), but due to an insane busy agenda, I've only played through the first world. Loving it so far, though! It's better than the DS-version IMO, even if it's quite conservative when it comes to design. But then again, what can beat SMW and SMB3?

Weekend come I've got the kingdom all to myself. Bowser and his helpers *cough*kids*cough* better watch out!

Come to think of it, it's cheesy the kids are suddenly mere helpers. They have way more personality than Bowser Jr., who is nothing more than a mini-Bowser. Bowser sure is one cruel father, dissing seven of his kids for one lookalike.

I smell a retcon-rat...

It was a clear exaggeration to satire your out of context exaggeration. And I would say that rayman pic looks like a generic 2D platformer not made by Nintendo.

Thats the point, Nintendo make generic 2d platformer games

Thats the point, Nintendo make generic 2d platformer games

Yes of course they do! Nintendo basically invented the 2D platformer. The original Mario games from the 8 and 16 bit consoles are still the benchmark for all others.

Kirby's Adventure??

Awesome 8 bit game!

I would post the image for greater dramatic effect.. but i haven't made enough posts :( .. yet!

Kirby's Adventure??

Awesome 8 bit game!

I would post the image for greater dramatic effect.. but i haven't made enough posts :( .. yet!

I'll just post to stress your point.

LOOK AT THE DANCING KIRBY!