NEurope

Mine was the tin and as far as I'm aware it came via normal post too.

Hee Hee! I got it! :heh:

The red box is sweet, liking the shiny Wii logo on the cover too. :cool:

Just finished world 1, really enjoying it. Can't wait to try multiplayer! :bouncy:

How in the hell did the reviewers/previewers think this was hard? Its just as easy as the DS game! I started at half 2 and im already on world 7 with 40 odd lives and not once has the Super Guide shown up ( need to die 8 times at one point ). The people who claimed this was the hardest 2D Mario yet clearly need to go and play the Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels for a real eye opener. Muppets.

The game itself is alright, better than Mario Bros DS but still not a patch on the older 2D mario games. Although I do like the airship levels buts thats probably because it reminds me of better times. :D

Aww, my copy still didn't arrive today, and I even had a free evening with nothing else to do, all ready for it too. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

I started at half 2 and im already on world 7 with 40 odd lives and not once has the Super Guide shown up ( need to die 8 times at one point ).
Whoa! you're not hanging about ey? :o

But yeah, extra lives are all over the shop on this game, I've got 33 of 'em and I'm only at the beginning of World 2. :grin:

Speaking of Super Guide, do you have to die 8 times in a row, or just in total? I mean, does every single level keep a record of how many times you've died?

Although I do like the airship levels buts thats probably because it reminds me of better times. :D
Yeah quite a few old school Mario bits and pieces in this one.

I'm particularly loving the bonus games with the flip doors. :love:

I checked the instructions and as far as I can tell the Super Guide appears once you die 8 times in a row on one stage, not in total.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I've added this to my list of games, currently have 4 on there at the moment.

I've just finished it, the last boss battle is great! I ended up with 54 lives left, no Super Guide pop ups and no Mushroom Houses used.

The people who said this were hard were flat out wrong, plain and simple. As I mentioned before its just like the DS version and if you finished that then you will have no trouble with this.

The ending is terrible but the credits are quite fun especially if you have some others with you. ;)

Once you finish the game you unlock the ability to....

Save anywhere on the map, which will come in handy. Also you unlock a 9th world that looks alot like Star Road

:o To unlock the eight levels you have to find all of the secret coins for each world. For every world you complete with all the coins a level in world 9 will open up.

Still plenty to do then. :D

What do the controls feel like then? I found the slipperiness of NSMB on DS to really hamper it- and wasn't it really floaty as well?

What do the controls feel like then? I found the slipperiness of NSMB on DS to really hamper it- and wasn't it really floaty as well?

To me, it feels a fair bit tighter than the DS ones :)

Am in World 4...think I'm going too quickly :s

Game is awesome. But worried about the hints at spoilers flying around though. Please dont ruin it people. I've done first world, absolutely love it!! I want to keep playing, but want to spread it out. So thinking of doing a world a night :) Going to my mates house this weekend so hoping for some multiplayer action!! I just know it's going to be awesome!!

Oh, do you get anything if you DON'T use a mushroom house? Does saving toads serve a purpose bar re-opening mushroom houses?

i thought this too.

also, people, whats the save system like?

i thought this too.

also, people, whats the save system like?

Identical to the DS one. You can only save after a castle, but you can quick save at any time on the map. Once you load the quick save, its gone so you'll have to do a quick save whenever you want to go until you beat the game

Do the world maps look good? Hopefully not like the boring left to right ones from the DS version.

Oh, do you get anything if you DON'T use a mushroom house? Does saving toads serve a purpose bar re-opening mushroom houses?

Nah. I just did it to try and make the game a little harder, didn't work. :grin:

Before I went to bed I started back at world one and went through to world 2 to mop up any Star Coins I may have missed. There's still a secret exit im missing but I will come back and find that later.

I thought the tin set had a standad white case inside.. mine has the horrible red one

Edited by david.dakota
Automerged Doublepost

Has anybody seen this cheaper than game, ie Asda etc ?? if not i will pick up the tin version from Game if they have it instore. (Knew i should have preordered & resistance to buy this game was futile)

Can't wait to get this Sunday. Apparently getting 99 lives gets you a little secret as well. :bouncy:

Its a pretty shoddy secret and once you lose a life you lose the effect.

Its a pretty shoddy secret and once you lose a life you lose the effect.

Ok. Stop killing the joy, and ruining the experience for everyone else.