NEurope

Looks good fun but...

I dunno, to me the visuals lack charm/vibrancy or something. Anyone get where i'm coming from?

Tbf, that video is nothing like the impression you got ofthe game in the press conference.

Wonder why Nintendo didn't show that. Their conference was really short in comparison.

It does look like fun, but it could also pretty much be on DS!

If they'd have given it some charm like Super Mario World, or Wario Land, I'd have been far more sold on this.

The video at the conference was horrendous and I didn't like what I saw at all :hmm:

However, I'm much more excited now after seeing that video :yay: ..it looks really good :smile:

e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-20090602012000034.jpg

e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-20090602012001534.jpg

e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-20090602012003237.jpg

e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-20090602012004940.jpg

e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-20090602012006409.jpg

e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-20090602012009206.jpg

e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-20090602012012628.jpg

e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-20090602012014206.jpg

e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-20090602012015690.jpg

e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-20090602012017471.jpg

Edited by nekunando

The trailer sold it for me. I had internet issues at the start so missed it, but now, I think it looks like a good 2D side scrolling game. Very looking forward to some classic action on the Wii.

Hope it plays like a NES controller and you flick to fly up.

The trailer sold it for me. I had internet issues at the start so missed it, but now, I think it looks like a good 2D side scrolling game. Very looking forward to some classic action on the Wii.

Hope it plays like a NES controller and you flick to fly up.

..that's exactly how it plays :heh: At least, I think that's how it works.. I had some problems at the start of the conference too :eek:

Haha, unlucky us. Awesome if it is true then. Can anyone confirm that at all?

I love the look of the co-op in this. My sister and I will have a blast on this.

This trailer shows off the game in a MUCH better light. To be honest, unless the co-op is online (which I assume, knowing Nintendo, it won't be), I doubt I'll be using it. The trailer certainly makes the game look like it's worth playing, though.

Haha, unlucky us. Awesome if it is true then. Can anyone confirm that at all?

I love the look of the co-op in this. My sister and I will have a blast on this.

Thats what It is.

I can't wait for this. Although, they should have done Peach and Red Toad rather than Blue and Yellow toad, or as someone else mentioned, have them unlockable. I can see myself doing a bit of co-op, but mostly singleplayer. One of the best games of the show for me though.

Metroid > This > Galaxy 2

Edited by Emasher

Thats what I is.

Awesome :)

Online co-op would be immense with this. If multiplayer is a focus of this then it should be and WiiSpeak can really bring in the laughter. Oh so much potential!

agreed...the trailer seems so much better than what they showed earlier.

saying that, i too really dislike the music and art style for NSMB...its just charmless and the controls felt dead slippery.

i only hope they dont focus TOO much on the multiplayer mode.

I liked them :heh:

I don't really think they would focus on the multiplayer so much that they would make the singleplayer lackluster. I've got some faith in it so far from judging the trailer, but that could change over time when we get to learn more.

I liked them :heh:

I don't really think they would focus on the multiplayer so much that they would make the singleplayer lackluster. I've got some faith in it so far from judging the trailer, but that could change over time when we get to learn more.

thats what i was like with Prime Hunters....then my heart broke

The high res screens have made me feel a lot better about the game. I still dont particularly like the style but at least it looks crisp and colourful enough to be pleasing. Widescreen in a Super Mario Brothers game is also pretty cool.

Koopa kids being in the game is really awesome though. I don't see how it's taken them so friggin long to make a decision like that.

Yeah, been ages since we seen that lot in a game. Totally looking forward to their return.

And I get what you mean or else, just need to wait for some news and hands on impressions.

That trailer and screens makes the game look far more appealing :) Looking forward to its release, I'm guessing though that this will come out a few months before Galaxy 2?

Yea, this is due out in the holiday period at Christmas, Galaxy 2 is out in 2010. Least we have this to pass the time.

Hopefully we also get Sin and Punishment 2 this year. This, that, and Red Steel 2 are making this year look very good.

My concerns for this are that there won't be enough single player content. I'm unlikely to get much multiplayer going, and without that to me it just seems a straight sequel to the DS game. If this was on DS, I'd be quite excited about it, but on Wii, I'm not so sure...

I wanted a co-op game that could give me as much fun with my friends as Zelda: 4 Swords gave.

I also wanted a 2D Mario in the same lines of the retro ones.

And Nintendo gives me this! This is AWESOME! Looks fun, and it's gonna be a blast playing it in co-op with 4 people. It's also classic Mario platforming. Nothing can go wrong.

My concerns for this are that there won't be enough single player content. I'm unlikely to get much multiplayer going, and without that to me it just seems a straight sequel to the DS game. If this was on DS, I'd be quite excited about it, but on Wii, I'm not so sure...

It has potential, that's for sure. Just hope it gets used well.

I wanted a co-op game that could give me as much fun with my friends as Zelda: 4 Swords gave.

I also wanted a 2D Mario in the same lines of the retro ones.

And Nintendo gives me this! This is AWESOME! Looks fun, and it's gonna be a blast playing it in co-op with 4 people. It's also classic Mario platforming. Nothing can go wrong.

Win win for you. I think this can really be a blast with the co-op. Just think of how hard you can laugh at folk when you make it over a tricky bit and they die. Repeatably.

I can't wait to play this with friends, I'm sure they'll manage the same balance of cooperation and competition they did with 4 swords.

Be funny if there was a sort of mode where you can punch your friends, lightly, enough to move them when hit, so you can make them fall and die :heh:

Heard about that Kingdom Hearts rumour, cool if it did turn out to be true.

i gotta say if you are not going to let us create threads at least create a general thread someone :)

i cant seem to make a thread despite the sticky from shorty telling me i can