NEurope

When you guys play multiplayer, are you tryna kill each other, or work through it together?

So far I've played through to world 5 co-op with my GF, absolutely loving it like I new we would :) It's definately easier playing single player, tryna get two players through some of the levels is very challenging :P I want to rip through it all single player, but I promised not to play ahead :( lol

I think it's a shame that it's one of those short yet fun to play games.

I will get it at some point though, but to pay a full price would be a little extreme IMO. I'd probably never look back at it again once I finished it 100%....

When you guys play multiplayer, are you tryna kill each other, or work through it together?

So far I've played through to world 5 co-op with my GF, absolutely loving it like I new we would :) It's definately easier playing single player, tryna get two players through some of the levels is very challenging :P I want to rip through it all single player, but I promised not to play ahead :( lol

We help eachother, then when my brother steals my penguin suit, I pick him up and throw him into a piranha plant

Co-op and enemies ftw!

I played for the first time yesterday despite having it all week, me and my friends promised each other to make the first play through together and that unfortunately is only at the weekends.

But man, was it worth it, we had a great time together. We mix a lot of team work with some moments of absolute douchebaggery and accidental deaths due to head jumping are hilarious. We're all rather good players so I love it when the 4 of us get with the flow and star blazing through the level at high speed.

I cant get pass the level seven last castle because i keep on dying on the last three moving platforms. :sad:

And who was it (flameboy was one) that said about being able to interact with each other RUINS it?! It effing MAKES the game as genius as it is. Flameboy, I urge you to give the game another try, it is legendary!!

And who was it (flameboy was one) that said about being able to interact with each other RUINS it?! It effing MAKES the game as genius as it is. Flameboy, I urge you to give the game another try, it is legendary!!

That was me and i stand by what i said. I never said it ruins the game just turns it more into a party game...

It's great fun but not something you can take serious :)

Some of the secret exits in this seem impossible to find unless you know where to look. I'm trying to avoid the videos in Peach's castle, but I'm ashamed to say that so far I've used them for the secret exits in 6-5, 7-fort and 7-ghost house. Five levels through World 9 now - great, challenging levels so far (except for 9-5, I found).

That was me and i stand by what i said. I never said it ruins the game just turns it more into a party game...

It's great fun but not something you can take serious :)

What?!! What do you mean serious? Is Mario ever serious? NSMB is an amazing one player game and an incredible multiplayer game...I don't get it's fun but not serious comment. You say it like it's a bad thing but it couldn't be better for that very reason!!

What?!! What do you mean serious? Is Mario ever serious? NSMB is an amazing one player game and an incredible multiplayer game...I don't get it's fun but not serious comment. You say it like it's a bad thing but it couldn't be better for that very reason!!

super mario bros was one of the most skillfull platforming game series ever, Used in fuck loads of contests for years as THE game to test skill on. so ya i would say there was a time when it was serious game.

If you were to take super mario bros wii multiplayer seriously, like aim to complete the game serious then your mates would turn into enemies fast.

its the best mario in years in one player and its fun in multiplayer but it isnt perfect. Not a big deal however you can get fantastic fun out of the whole game.

Fixed! :heh:

Ah but I like to think galaxy and the 2d ones are different type of games but meh and no the ds one doesn't count in that i dont consider it as good as super mario world

Edited by mcj metroid

Yeah, I'd also consider New Super Mario Bros and the 3D Mario Games completely different series. Granted, they're both platformers and both Mario, but the differences are far greater then any similarities.

Just reached 9-7 this evening - definitely seems to be the hardest of the game, like others have said! Very nearly got to the end earlier, but didn't quite make it. :( Maybe I shouldn't be trying to get all the star coins on my first try..

EDIT: Now just beaten the last (awesome) level and collected all the star coins. Just to find the last of the secret exits and do a few Toad missions now! :)

Edited by Mike

Fucking Awesome Game...

I completed it earlier, still got the extra missions to unlock/clear though but yeah, the main game is brilliant and the end boss was satisfyingly different.

Just 100% completed it last night - sad it's all over! Mind you, I didn't get shiny stars next to my name, so I expect at some point I'll want to go back to it and try a new save file to get them.

Getting the star coins on 9-7 is some kind of inhuman torture that I'm too scared to even attempt again for at least week, fearing some kind of a mental breakdown. I have every star coin bar the three in this level which is, indeed,

a hellish cacophony of fire and ice.

Getting the star coins on 9-7 is some kind of inhuman torture that I'm too scared to even attempt again for at least week, fearing some kind of a mental breakdown. I have every star coin bar the three in this level which is, indeed,
a hellish cacophony of fire and ice.

It is indeed infuriatingly difficult.

A tip I got earlier in this topic was to get 1 star coin at a time, don't try and get them all at the same time or you'll go crazy.

Start with a propeller suit and a star and run through the first third of the course. Dodge the fireballs from the hammer bros at the end very carefully.

Run, duck and slide through the last set of pirahna plant things before they get a good look at you, or their fireballs will screw up the only way to get past them.

Id like to play this game. The difficulty is welcome, and I imagine it would be fun to co-op in 2 player.

900K In First Week Of Japan [4 days sales]

New Super Mario Bros Wii has sold 936,734 units during its first week on sale in Japan, making it the fastest selling week one Wii title in the region to date.

The Famitsu sales figures put the title ahead of previous week one high sellers Super Smash Bros Brawl (816,198), Mario Kart Wii (608,147) and Monster Hunter 3 (582,548).

According to Andriasang, the game sold over 422,000 copies in its first day alone.

The game has performed well in the UK charts too, entering at number three after Assassin's Creed 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Analyst Colin Sebastian noted last month the its sales had got "off to a good start after three days at retail", although added it wasn't yet apparent if the title had driven incremental hardware sales.

Edited by Dante

Hmmm. Pretty good for NSMB. Guess this will sell better than Galaxy afterall....some times the general public baffle me. Both great games though!!!