NEurope

Would much prefer Super Mario Galaxy 2 this christmas. In fact, I'm really not hyped at all about NSMB, I wasn't that taken with the DS one. This could be one of the first Mario games I don't bother getting.

This. Nevertheless, I welcome anyone to convince me this will be great. Reviews, however, usually do the trick.

I really can't wait to play this. I don't care about the graphical style, or the lack of online. Its looking to be like a proper sequel to Super Mario World, which is one of my top 5 games of all time.

I really can't wait to play this. I don't care about the graphical style, or the lack of online. Its looking to be like a proper sequel to Super Mario World, which is one of my top 5 games of all time.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island says hi

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island says hi

I know that was called Super Mario World 2, but I did say proper sequel. And Yoshi's Island was only really a sequel in name, the core gameplay was completely different.

Or, and this is me just being crazy, it is a sequel to New Super Mario Bros. on the DS.

Gameplay wise it looks closer to Super Mario World than 3 TBH. Obviously its a sequel to the DS game. I'm just pointing out the similarities I've noticed between this and world.

I do think the lack of online is a wasted opportunity - a massive disappointment. However, will it spoil the game? No.

What about New Super Mario Bros for the DS? I know it's way smaller but...

Heres how Nintendos new help system will work.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is also the first Nintendo game to feature a dynamic help system, which allows you to access a mode showing how a level can be completed if you are stuck. The best thing about this mode is that you are free to jump into the action you?re watching on screen at any time! - Nintendo of Europe product page

Before the negative posts start just remember you dont have to use the thing!

This is obviously a party game guys, and not one directed at intense single-player gaming.

I'm looking forward to giving this a bash with the mrs. :) If I can drag her off Kororinpa :S

Heres how Nintendos new help system will work.

Before the negative posts start just remember you dont have to use the thing!

I think its great. It's an optional thing and hopefully indicates a some points of increased difficulty in the game.

This is obviously a party game guys, and not one directed at intense single-player gaming.

Don't say that. I want the game but have no friends :(

:p

A party game? meh I don't tend to play games at parties, and definitely not platformers.

Hope the single player is good!

You don't have to play it at parties, you just need 3 friends at your house. You do have 3 friends right?

You don't have to play it at parties, you just need 3 friends at your house. You do have 3 friends right?

Yes.

Ok I'll rephrase, I don't tend to play multiplayer much. I like single player games like Zelda and Mario, so hopefully this one will be just as good single player.

Some more details, demo feature officially named:

- officially called the Super Guide

- allows the game to run through a level on its own

- players can take control at any time

- only available to players that die 8 times in a level

- when you start your 9th life, a green box will appear at the start of a level. This box will activate the Super Guide when hit

- Super Guide uses a game-controlled Luigi to show how to play

- demos are run in-game, and are not pre-recorded videos

- Super Guide doesn't show shortcuts or secrets

- Super Guide should showcase a level run without any deaths

- hit a button to take control of Luigi at any time

- the screen still shows that the level is being playing in Super Guide mode, just with user-input

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=99331

New Trailer

Looking and sounding great. icon14.gif

The only thing that bugs me with this game and has done ever since it was revealed (no not the lack of online) is the character line-up.

I'm just not digging the 2 generic toads. :nono:

They so should have gone with Mario, Luigi, Peach and good old red Toad a la SMB2. Could even substitute Peach with Daisy to keep the whole Peach has been kidnapped thing.

Or better yet; Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi.

Either of those options would have given the game a lot more charm than it has with copy & paste Toads. icon13.gif

Pretty minor issue I know, but just thought I'd share it anyway. :heh:

I agree about the characters. I can only assume they haven't picked wario and waluigi because with wario he doesn't have the same ability as mario and they didn't want to focus on different abilities etc. Rather than broken characters like super mario bros 2.

this isn't smash bros so the only other resort to having mario cloned 3 times was to have luigi and 2 toad clones.

The "Super Guide" sounds very advanced and sophisticated - a truly enormous innovation in software! (Sounds like I'm being sarcastic, but I'm not.)