NEurope
Shorty

Natal Motion Control/Recognition (360)

Surely it'll only work with EyeToy type games aswell though.

Couldn't do Red Steel 2 or anything, as it's not gonna recognise true 1:1 virtual hands.

Which you should be doing on a PC.
I don't like it on the PC :) I like it 2 player, split screen, with my teammate on my sofa.

Natal is DAMN cool. Peter Moleneux must be lonely to make himself a virtual friend. I think this has great potential if they can make it work well, the whole gesturing in the air to navigate is awesome, very futuristic. I hope someone makes a minority report computer simulator.

Like people walking in and shouting pause when you're watching something or even worse telling it to shut down?

We've been promised dynamic voice recognition before, lets just say. Many, many times before.

Looks fantastic. You know what I want? that might and magic game for natal. Imagine that!

At first I was like wah? then by the end I was blown away. Lets hope good things come of this.

That Milo thing looked too good!

If it works this could be totally revolutionary, providing it gets the games as well. As someone said, it'll be press conference over the next few days that is the tell.

Surely it'll only work with EyeToy type games aswell though.

Couldn't do Red Steel 2 or anything, as it's not gonna recognise true 1:1 virtual hands.

Exactly

This is just a slightly more advanced Eye Toy, nothing revolutionary. The only impressive thing about it was what Peter Molyneux did...but you cannot really make a game out of that

I know for a fact the guys who are making Tony Hawks Ride are crying right now after seeing this.

I know for a fact the guys who are making Tony Hawks Ride are crying right now after seeing this.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. They show off their expensive peripheral which will no doubt break in time etc, only for them to come back later and show how unnecessary it is :heh:

Yeah, it was a bit of a dick move by microsoft in that respect.

Hold-up Guys

It's not gonna recognise where you're placing weight on your feet.

So unless the next Tony Hawks game is in a straight line... no worries... likewise the balance board.

Edited by Retro_Link

If I listen close enough I think I can hear Tony Hawks snapping the controller in half...

Ok so how many people here seriously think they will be able to move their body to perform any decent tricks on an imaginary skateboard?

Unfortunately, I couldn't get a working stream of the conference so all I've got to go on for this is what I was reading in a live blog (tried loads of streams and couldn't get any of them to work. IGN was useless as it wouldn't load and the stream being used on here courtesy of G4TV just wouldn't start at all) so will have to wait to see it all in action but it definitely sounds very interesting and the amount of control that it gives you sounds great. Looking forward to seeing the Milo thing as it sounded great just reading it.

What do I do with my Xbox Live Camera now?..

Use it as a webcam? That's what I do with the thing these days anyway.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get a working stream of the conference so all I've got to go on for this is what I was reading in a live blog (tried loads of streams and couldn't get any of them to work. IGN was useless as it wouldn't load and the stream being used on here courtesy of G4TV just wouldn't start at all) so will have to wait to see it all in action but it definitely sounds very interesting and the amount of control that it gives you sounds great. Looking forward to seeing the Milo thing as it sounded great just reading it.

Gamespots stream worked 10 minutes late, plus Kotaku had pretty good live text updates. Shoulda checked them out.

Maybe TotemBall will actually be playable now? Hell if I tried to get it working with the vision camera.

So im playing a game on Natal, i'm playing as a cop... I can grab a guy in the game world, slam him against a wall and interrogate him until he tells me what I want to know!

Natal screams for things like this!

I can imagine a Milo type mechanic in the next Fable quite easily...

Absolutely stunning.

Use it as a webcam? That's what I do with the thing these days anyway.

Didn't really use it to begin with, it worked out as decent deal with a years live and what not.

I can imagine a Milo type mechanic in the next Fable quite easily...

Absolutely stunning.

Yeah but surely the 360 doesn't have the power to have a full game like that small demo. And even if it did, dev costs would be astronomical!!

I think it'll have limited use in games for a long time.

So im playing a game on Natal, i'm playing as a cop... I can grab a guy in the game world, slam him against a wall and interrogate him until he tells me what I want to know!

Natal screams for things like this!

How do you move around?

And there you have one of the biggest issues with this kind of technology. Your theoretical game could still work as an on-rails experience, though.

It was so prepared it was a video, if Peter had any confidence he would have shown right there real time. I'll wait for press hands-on on the Milo thing and even then, it is a very "selective" group of people.