NEurope
Shorty

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Press release only specifies 360 but nothing else. Doesnt say exclusive ;)

;););););););););););););););););););););)

I claim that IGN have received misinformation.

If this was exclusive you wouldn't have been able to make out the announcement due to the fervent muttering of the word at every available opportunity. As is it's an Assassin's Creed situation: the platform holder is more than happy for the game to appear as an exclusive, but they'll never state as such.

Well in the keynote they did say all games from now on are only on Xbox 360, then later it came up...

Well in the keynote they did say all games from now on are only on Xbox 360, then later it came up...

SC:C will come out on everything next year though.

Splinter Cell was definitely included in the ten exclusives, where are you getting that its going to be mutli-platform from?

He's not, he's pulling it out of his arse and assuming people will take his word as official.

I'd say it's certainly possible that Conviction could make its way onto the PS3, but at the moment there's nothing to really suggest it will other than the fact that Ubi Soft like money. Splinter Cell was always seen as an Xbox series despite appearing on other formats, so if any third-party game was going to remain exclusive it would be that.

Speaking of which, Rising clearly isn't just a 360 game:

"You know, we didn't say that it was exclusive," clarified Xbox executive and corporate VP John Schappert (he was the guy hosting most of the event) during an interview with me immediately following the press conference.

"We said that the next Metal Gear will be coming [to Xbox 360]," he said.

"I couldn't be more excited about him [Kojima] working on that [Metal Gear Solid Rising] and having that be part of our show," said Schappert. "When I heard about that, I was pretty ecstatic and it was an honor to be able to be on stage with him and announcing his next Metal Gear, which will be on Xbox 360."

He's not, he's pulling it out of his arse and assuming people will take his word as official.

Watch in 2010. Wii version too.

This game is called Metal Gear Rising. For PS3, PC and 360. Solid is for the PSP.

SC:C has been a 360 exclusive since it was first shown 2 years or so ago.

Yeah.

I'd say it's certainly possible that Conviction could make its way onto the PS3, but at the moment there's nothing to really suggest it will other than the fact that Ubi Soft like money. Splinter Cell was always seen as an Xbox series despite appearing on other formats, so if any third-party game was going to remain exclusive it would be that.

Speaking of which, Rising clearly isn't just a 360 game:

Few! I was worried for a little bit.

Few! I was worried for a little bit.

Heh, it would be a shame if you had to buy another 360 after just swearing off the machine yet again, wouldn't it?

According to GamesPress it's coming to both the PS3 and PC.

"Lightning Bolt Action"? Sounds awful. Don't know what it is, but it sounds awful :p

Don't care if it's exclusive or not. If it is any good I'm glad I can play it on my 360 (but I will buy a PS3 sometime).

Heh, it would be a shame if you had to buy another 360 after just swearing off the machine yet again, wouldn't it?

According to GamesPress it's coming to both the PS3 and PC.

I would of done without ;)

I love Raiden, have done since MGS2 (in a minority of one here), but now that it comes to it...without Snake, this must change how the whole game plays. "Lightning Bolt Action" does not inspire confidence but I never actually played the MGS games for the gameplay so I shouldn't really be worried.

I still want a game with the Boss. She rocked.

Awww i was hoping for Tornado Outbreak. Also if you want some hot ''Lightning Bolt Action'' now instead of later, Infamous is loaded with it

I love Raiden, have done since MGS2 (in a minority of one here)

Ahhh wait a minute, I like Raiden, too. MGS2 Is one of my favourite games of all time.

I hope we will hear some stuff about the story in the next few days.

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-2-20090601053913672-000.jpg

Why are they still called Solid? Surely just the pull of the Metal Gear name is enough...seems odd when especially with Rising doesn't have Snake...

I'm glad it looks like this isn't exclusive. Otherwise I will really have to get a 360...

Ahhh wait a minute, I like Raiden, too. MGS2 Is one of my favourite games of all time.

I hope we will hear some stuff about the story in the next few days.

Haha! Nice.

I didn't get all the hate towards him. It was that stupid bitch Rose who was annoying. Jack rocked! :D