NEurope
Shorty

Alan Wake (360)

Discuss here, this thread will be merged with the old one when the regular boards reopen :)

I thought it looked pretty good. Graphics look good, but I'm more interested in how the story will pan out. I believe it was described originally as a psychological thriller which is why I was always intrigued by it.

Interesting stuff shown in the trailer; I liked the narrative side of things. Could see this getting 7/8s across the board.

I'm fascinated by the story of this. I loved how he was narrating as you went through the level. Gameplay looks good to. :)

Really liked it, although more action oriented than I expected, hopefully just for the purpose of this conference.

Really liked it, although more action oriented than I expected, hopefully just for the purpose of this conference.

Yeah I was hoping it was more physiological then actiony but hopefully it was just this trailer.

Yeah just what I thought as well. I hate how action oriented every single game has to be. One of the reasons I'm so excited for Heavy Rain.

The Highspot of the Microsoft Conference, along with Splinter Cell and Left 4 Dead 2..

I hope my computer can play them both, tough..

Oh man, gameplay looks really really good. Looking forward to hear more about the "psychological thriller" thing and the story.

I really liked the look of this! I love the narration as you play!

The perfect love child of Resi 4 and Silent Hill 2?

The animations on Alan are sublime, as are the envorinments , damn this game is just overall gorgeous.

This looks very promising. If they make the enemies something to fear, if only by making checkpoints rare, I reckon this'll be very, very good indeed.

The enemies appeared a bit.....weak.

That's the only thing bothering me about the trailer. There seemed to be no challenge at all.

Was it that they didn't like light? It looked like something had possessed the people, and shining the torch on them, or lighting a flare made it leave them, that right?

It looks good but not what I was expecting, or wanted really.

What I thought was that the light, after shining it on these things for a bit of time, rid them of their defence of darkness, then you can shoot them to stop them.

The way I saw it. I'm guessing light and ammo will be very limited at times or something.

Just watched the latest trailer on Gametrailers....looks awesome...really looking forward to this one!

Reminds me a lot of Eternal Darkness mixed with RE1. Looks like an essential purchase.