NEurope
Shorty

Alan Wake (360)

Got the special edition delivered today from game £19.99. Very very cool. Can't wait to finish Heavy rain now so i can start this.

DLC is up for those interested. It's free after all, so long as you bought a new copy of the game and have the card, so if you've finished the game you might as well get it.

Downloaded it this morning and finished it not long ago. Played it in two parts mainly because of how difficult it gets. You can't choose the difficulty level when you play the DLC and it seems that its set at the Impossible difficulty setting so be prepared for a few frustrations.

It's short but was good. Not a lot on the story front,more action oriented, and more of a teaser for what is to come here after but it does have some good moments.

So yeh, looking forward to the next chapter. Just hope that it has a bit more substance story wise and that the wait between them isn't long. If it is a long wait, it kind of defeats the purpose of the whole episodic aspect of the game.

To add to Dante's posting of the trailer, this is the second and last DLC for the game. There was supposed to be more but for whatever reason (presumably because of poor sales) it looks like they're calling it a day after this second one. So hopefully it provides some answers to the many cliffhangers that the game ended on. It's out on Oct. 12th for 560 MS points.

I may end up purchasing Alan Wake in the run up to Halloween as I recently got my XBOX 360 back and I seem to be enjoying the console an awful lot more now than I did before I sold it to my brother..

I see it is £17.61 on Amazon so if anyone can see it for less in the coming weeks, feel free to let me know :heh:

A friend lent this game to me a few days ago and I'm about halfway through it on Hard. I reckon half, since there's only 6 chapters, but they appear to grow in size as the game goes on so...

So far I'm enjoying the game fairly, I agree that this shows how wrong they got RE5, after the brilliant RE4. Resident Evil should be more like this. Alan Wake plays like RE4, but actually feels more like the original RE games. There's something about getting to the light Safe Havens that reminds me of getting to the save rooms in REmake. That feeling that you are in a safe place surrounded by danger and fear. Not even RE4 had this feeling, it was more action oriented.

Control-wise, it controls very well, although I don't like how "slippery" Alan is. When you stop running he will actually slide across the floor as if he were on ice.

Also, I fucking hate the camera! The game's default camera view is over Alan's left shoulder. I'm not a lefty, so I prefer the view over his right shoulder. Now, the game gives you the option to switch shoulder views from one to the other (by clicking Right Stick), but it's kind of a false choice because the camera naturally ends up over his left shoulder with time. I find myself having to constantly click the right stick every 15 or 20 seconds, because the camera will flow to the left shoulder without me wanting it to. It's very, very annoying.

Some of the episodes seemed to go on forever but then I was often heading off of the main path looking for coffee thermos (seriously, what was up with that other than being a very odd nod to having to drink excessive amounts of caffeine to stay awake if you were pushed to finish a piece of work)

I don't think anyone replied to this yet. The coffee thing in the game is a reference to the TV series Twin Peaks, one of the influences of the game's atmosphere and setting. The name of the first coffee thermoses related achievement is Damn Good Cup of Coffee, and that's a phrase Agent Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) says in Twin Peaks. Agent Cooper's love of cherry pie and coffee is sort of a running gag throughout the series.