NEurope
Shorty

Splinter Cell Conviction (360)

The demo is up on Live has anyone tried it?

I can't help but feel slightly disappointed, for all the development time it has had it just feels (and looks) like a stealthier Gears of War. The controls feel a bit fiddly and i'm just a little tired of seeing the Unreal 3 engine.

I have faith in the full game though :grin:

To recycle what I've said elsewhere:

I found the demo strangely underwhelming, despite previously really looking forward to the game. It just feels a bit... claustrophobic. Not just in terms of geometry and the camera, there's something cloying about the controls, like I'm just a backseat driver pestering the game as it tries to make everything look stylish.

I was rather disappointed by the demo length (you'd think a normal playthrough+a Hard playthrough would take more than 30 minutes together.) but it's certainly fun. It feels like Ubisoft is trying to expand the games audience though, it's much easier than any of the previous games where patience and knowing most of Sam's tricks were key to staying alive. Although I enjoyed the old games I wasn't very good at them so this is a welcome change to me.

For all this talk of "you're given sandbox levels and it's up to you to decide how to tackle them", the demo sure was incredibly short and linear.

I really want it to be good! I mean Double Agent wasn't bad, but the last great game was Chaos Theory and that was a while ago.

Anyone else got this?

Iv played a bit of single player and a 2 of the co-op missions, and im loving it! Im likin the way its a bit more fast paced than the previous splinter cells, its good. The target system is cool as well.

What i dont like is, NO SPY'S VS MERCS?! WTF! They best release it as DLC soonish! I loved it on chaos theory/double agent

I KNOW! I spent a good five minutes looking for it in the multiplayer menus... it aint in there!

As for the game itself (single player) it's... OK, not bad but not great so far. Not a patch on Chaos Theory. It doesn't allow you to be very free or creative, being much more linear and 'context button' heavy. Apparently it doesn't get better; forcing action over stealth.

I'll happily do some co-op with whoever though.

I KNOW! I spent a good five minutes looking for it in the multiplayer menus... it aint in there!

As for the game itself (single player) it's... OK, not bad but not great so far. Not a patch on Chaos Theory. It doesn't allow you to be very free or creative, being much more linear and 'context button' heavy. Apparently it doesn't get better; forcing action over stealth.

I'll happily do some co-op with whoever though.

Im up for doing co op on realistic if your up for it? Could also do some hunter levels!

Im likin the single player, its different to the other splinter cells, a lot more action movie style, which is what they were going for!

I really am gutted with the lack of SvsM, I wanted this to be my COD replacement, but im guessin it isnt!

Also, did anyone get the shadow edition? My code doesnt work :'(

Yeah i'm up for that, despite being a Chaos Theory pr0, I haven't had much time with this (only on third mission) so I'll need some practice on normal setting first!

I might be playing it tonight around half 10. Add me.