NEurope
Shorty

Left 4 Dead 2

Motherfucker the end to The Sacrifice is hard. We started all 3 generators at once, Zoey died, my and my friend were downed and Bill barely managed to get us up. Which a tank and a charger then appear...somehow we survive them and get on the bridge. The human players race up the ladder, Bill gets down by zombies then dies. Then we're told we have to go hit the generator to keep going higher...before we have time to think at least 2 tanks have spawned and are somehow already on the bridge. And I actually think there were 3 tanks.

We died, very quickly, and it was on Normal. Fuck that noise.

The finished version of the fan made map released by Valve in beta form along with the rest from the first game.

And L4D3 will never happen. Valve have a phobia of the number 3.

Also, the second is better in terms of game play. The first is overall better due to the characters.

So this DLC will make the second game the better one.

Also, the second is better in terms of game play. The first is overall better due to the characters.

Hmm, I would agree to an extent. But some gameplay elements from the second one were just downright annoying / shit. Like the end of the first map where you have to collect the petrol cans. :indeed:

Hated that with a passion. But yeah the combat was much better in the second.

And soon we'll have the whole of the first game (plus its DLC) with the gameplay of the second game.

Edit: Except the Last Stand survival map.

I don't see how the first game can be better because of its characters when the second game has Ellis. :blank:

I don't see how the first game can be better because of its characters when the second game has Ellis. :blank:

The character's in the second game are massively worse because they've got Ellis, who was immensely annoying and who I often shot when he started talking (much to the annoyance of the person playing him), Uncle Ben was decent, Suited British Dude I don't remember much about and the only thing that stood out about the woman was her Depeche Mode T-shirt. They never felt like a team.

Bill, Francis, Louis and Zoey just worked really well together and they were all much more interesting characters.

The characters in L4D 1 were awesome, even down to the comments they made while playing/dying.

As Aneres11 said the petrol cans thing was pretty shit, but overall gameplay in second was better, melee weapons FTW!

All this L4D talk makes me want to play them again!!

All this L4D talk makes me want to play them again!!

Gives me a reason to turn my 360 on for the first time this year... :laughing:

All over the L4D action.

Cold Stream has been playable on PC for like a year or more. Same with all the l4d maps.

l4d2 is the greatest game ever. Ellis is amazing and funny, the character interactions in this game are as good as the first if not better. It is easily one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of owning on PC.

Cold Stream has been playable on PC for like a year or more. Same with all the l4d maps.

l4d2 is the greatest game ever. Ellis is amazing and funny, the character interactions in this game are as good as the first if not better. It is easily one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of owning on PC.

Yeah totally agree with you, I picked it up in 2010 on steam and have not stopped playing it since. I love the stuff Ellis says too. I'm quite disappointed with Cold stream though and I don't see why its taken them over a year and a half to play test the map. I hope once its done we get some new campaigns like The Passing.

coldstream_available.gif

http://www.l4d.com/coldstream

Cold Stream DLC was released last night on Xbox live for 560 MS Points. It includes the community made map 'Cold Stream' and 4 campaigns from the original Left 4 Dead (Blood Harvest, Crash Course, Dead Air and Death Toll.)

Also now all Mutations are selectable on the main menu.

Edited by Helmsly

I am so happy L4D2 is getting new content, it makes me feel less crazy for still playing it weekly for all these years as it proves I’m not the only one still in love with this game lol