NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sarka

Please help you rock/emo/metal fans!

Ok, basically I'm in a little bit of a crappy/sticky situation. I'm doing a secret Santa and I'm going to make a book entitled "The Big Book of Hot Bassists"

Now... the problem is, I know nothing about bands. I know she likes the following bands:

Funeral for a Friend

Offspring

The band that does the "I'm not ok song"

Iron Maiden? Possibly...

Ok, I have no idea. I'll update the list when I do some snooping to see who her fav bands are. If anyone knows any bands similar to that great list please say so, and if you have any idea what their bassist is called, please tell me, I'd really appericiate it.

Thanks

If you mean hot as in good musician then Steve Harris, the bassist of Iron Maiden is your man. Awesome stage presence for a bassist, great player too.

Off the top of my head:

Jason Newsted-metallica, ozzy

Rob Trujillo-metallica, ozzay

Fieldy-korn

fieldy.jpg

Flea-RHCP

Sam Rivers-Limp Bizkit

Shavo-SOAD

Adam Duce-Machine Head

Justin Chancellor-Tool

EDIT-all these guys are doable

If you mean hot as in good musician then Steve Harris, the bassist of Iron Maiden is your man. Awesome stage presence for a bassist, great player too.

Well, I eman hot as in good looking, but I think anyone will do really. Thanks Raining_again aswell. :wink:

Thanks so much Pit-Jr! :kiss:

If i was a lady, i'd probably find Shavo from System of a Down hot, But i'm not, so i don't...

but i would.

e;fb ¬_¬

Well, I eman hot as in good looking, but I think anyone will do really. Thanks Raining_again aswell. :wink:

Thanks so much Pit-Jr! :kiss:

Steve Harris definitely isn't your man.. unless the lass is into 40/50 year old men.

Matt Freeman from Rancid.....

Not the hottest but the best by far.....and I mean by far

Matt.jpg

If you want a really, really good bassist then look to jazz bands. The best bassist in the world is Jaco Pastorious. Yuo really won't find any better bassists than you do in jazz.

BUT. You insist on rocky music, so erm . . . I dunno.

Any reason its got to be bassists? Ill ask my female/gay friends, they may be able to help.

Best in the world

busted.jpg

Those ex-busted shit heads.

Look at the one in the middle :grin:

They are an example of everything wrong with the music industry.

Check out Stu Hamm, best base player in the world by far - plays with satriani and vai.

For anyone else that posts in this thread the following template may be used:

[name of bassist] is the most [descriptive word] bassist in the world ever.

if its bassists your looking for then th late great Cliff Burten is who who want, noone and I mean noone will ever be as good as him. Just listen to the start of for whom the bell tolls. Awesome stuff :).

Any reason its got to be bassists? Ill ask my female/gay friends, they may be able to help.

She is a bassist, and always goes on about how great bassists are.

Thanks so much for all the help guys! :santa: Love you all!

if its bassists your looking for then th late great Cliff Burten is who who want, noone and I mean noone will ever be as good as him. Just listen to the start of for whom the bell tolls. Awesome stuff :).

That is crap i am afraid, he may be good and popular but is certainly not the best.

Sign in to follow this