NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Edjamakated

Zelda Wii: Does it need to change?

I feel that a change is needed like the change we got for Mario Galaxy. It still felt like a Mario game but it felt very refreshing!

Zelda needs a change in a similar way so that it still feels like Zelda but whilst feeling new and exciting too... how to go about that, I don't know, but hey, that's why I don't work for Nintendo!

I suppose that rules out MotionPlus exclusivity.

Well in Wii sports you constantly need to re-calibrate WM+ so if they don't use it for this game I think that'd be why.

This re-calibration thing in some games seems a bit of a pain; though Red Steel have gotten around it I guess.

I'm telling you, He's just mindfucking us. He really doesn't want to talk about all these new games comin' out in detail, he just wants us to speculate and speculate and speculate and speculate and speculate.....

He's probably smarter than we think and he's playing us like a violin. Probably Makar's:laughing:

I'm not really happy about his comments. If it is the same formula I can say I won't be buying it.

Good for Miyamoto. So many of us love Ocarina, Majora and Wind Waker. To radically change the formula would be an overreaction.

All I want every time is for the game to be improved in whichever way the system can.

My fears have been confirmed.

It's strange that its taking them so long to make yet another conventional Zelda game.

I think I'd like to wait and see what context he said it in before I jump to conclusions. But honestly, if they just made another Zelda with the old formula, maybe with a different map, we'd probably all still buy it.

I think the only way we can actually judge the direction of the game is when we finally see it for ourselves. Or, some news of how it plays.

My fears have been confirmed.

It's strange that its taking them so long to make yet another conventional Zelda game.

They have lots of games ready.. its when best to release them for $$$. Their schedule mustnt put big titles together and they must not undermine 3rd party releases either.

I'm kinda disappointed... nintnedo have yet to prove anything fo their motion control for the core gamer?

when games went 3d everything went with them but so far... motion control seems to only work with NEW types of games created just for them...

I wish nintendo would take a massive chance with mario and zelda and throw motion plus in there.. There HAS to be a way to make them work..

zelda will NEVER be innovative in a risky way... (the same but to a lesser extent in regard to mario)

if there is something that is truely different or risky, they just launch a new franchise like pikmin or let donkey kong or luigi or starfox have a go... and even more obscure characters like kirby if they think its a really oddball game or not that good. I think nintendo have a habit of making the game mechanics and only then deciding the characters as a marketing excersise. This is why i know that project Hammer is the prototype for zelda wii

Edited by blender

Well, ......as long as he keeps putting his "moto" into it, then I can keep enjoying his yam:laughing:

I'm kinda disappointed... nintnedo have yet to prove anything fo their motion control for the core gamer?

when games went 3d everything went with them but so far... motion control seems to only work with NEW types of games created just for them...

Good point, I agree with all that. However, I don't believe Miyamoto's comments rule out MotionPlus (or MotionPlus exclusivity), rather that it will still be a 3rd-person action game, starring Link, where you have an overworld, dungeons etc. To me, that's a good thing.

There's an excellent article here about just how worthy motion control actually is: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-09-why-the-amazing-new-demos-prove-motion-control-cant-work-in-hardcore-gaming/a-2009060312265140040

Nintendo must have a real dilemma about how much motion control to put in this game. If they use MotionPlus and, in the end, motion control proves not ideal for traditional, 3rd-person games, they would be left with a game that can't be played on future consoles.

However, if they design it to use the Twilight Princess controls, it would not be as good as something purely designed to use a classic controller. If it's going to use motion control at all, I would rather it used MotionPlus, but I know I don't want to stand up doing Link's movements for the entire game (or any of it, actually).

I can't help but think that the future of motion control is really just a classic controller, but with the facility to gently move your wrist and point (eg. gyroscope + pointer).

It doesn't need to change as much as you are proposing. It is a tried and tested formula, and if it ain't broken, why fix it? I do agree with the points that Hyrule needs to be improved- it needs to get bigger, both physically and demographically. I think TP boasted an unimpressive Hyrulian population, especially Kakariko Village, with its scarce shops and population of around 8.

That's my two cents.

It doesn't need to change as much as you are proposing. It is a tried and tested formula, and if it ain't broken, why fix it? I do agree with the points that Hyrule needs to be improved- it needs to get bigger, both physically and demographically. I think TP boasted an unimpressive Hyrulian population, especially Kakariko Village, with its scarce shops and population of around 8.

That's my two cents.

That's a good point. Although I don't think bigger is neccessary, there should just be more people with personalities. They have to give the impression of actually minding their daily business and being able to contribute to the player's progress for instance by offering sidequests or giving valuable information.

I would like the inclusion of Motion Plus for 1:1 swordfighting. Press a button go into 1:1 mode, press the button again to go into normal mode (press a button to do a slash).

When fighting stronger enemies it could be interesting to be able to target specific parts, for instance to circumvent their shield.

Also I think whenever the Wiimote was implemented in a way like one would implement a PC mouse it turned out well. After all it's a lot better for aiming than two sticks and it's also more comfortable to turn the camera with.

If Zelda Changes

Fans would complain about how it was already awesome and how they wanted it to be a true sequel to Zelda OOT (Or MM, WW and TP)

If Zelda doesn't change

Fans will complain about how nothing has changed and wine about how they will be playing the same game from before and want something different like what they did in terms of graphics with Wind Waker.

Nintendo can never win can they?

I don't know if I'd complain at all.

I don't think Zelda "needs" a change but if it has one, I'd still welcome it!

I simply have complete faith in whatever Nintendo wish to do with the franchise!

Sign in to follow this