NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Edjamakated

Zelda Wii: Does it need to change?

Nintendo should from my point of view make Hyrule more of an open, natural feeling world. In Twilight Princess it felt too much like a bunch of rooms connected by tight corridors. Perhaps make the inhabitants do different things depending on time of day or even week.

Nintendo should also use the extra power from the Wii to create a better AI and better visuals. I'd like for Nintendo to make the combat segments more challenging. In TP I beat most bosses on my first attempt.

Moving from dungeon to dungeon is fine, but I'd really love for loads of sidequests. Also I think Nintendo should get rid of the more over the top ridiculous stuff. In TP, I didn't really like the colourful balloon pyramids in Lake Hylia.

Also a bit more feelings in the game. Maybe for once Link will respond to the flirtations from girls. In Ocarina of Time both Malon and the Zora princess fancied him, yet he didn't do anything about it (not strange considering he had the mental age of a 8 year old throughout the game, probably making him scared of cooties).

Also a bit more feelings in the game. Maybe for once Link will respond to the flirtations from girls. In Ocarina of Time both Malon and the Zora princess fancied him, yet he didn't do anything about it
Malon maybe...

malon.jpg

But a giant fish...

fishsolent2002800x528.jpg

Don't blame him!

@OP:

While I like what you're saying, I don't think your example is an example of a change in the series. It sounds basically like you're collecting animals that have powers instead of items, and it takes place somewhere other than hyrule. But perhaps this isn't what you meant.

My Opinion:

I think Nintendo has to stick to the formula a bit, but TP seemed to be slightly over the top. But remember, they didn't get time to do exactly what they wanted to do because of the Wii port. I think hyrule maybe was supposed to bee more alive and connected, and more like the first trailer, but they didn't have time to do this. I'm sure time will be given for the next game.

I'd like to see a zelda game that has multiple countries in it, governed by different governments with different cultures, ect. Hyrule would be the main one. There would be a struggle between hyrule and another country, and Link would be trapped in this other country for some reason when it began. Slowly, you'd make your way outside of this country, and into a no-mans land type wilderness. Eventually you'd make your way through this to Hyrule, and then you'd need to fight your way back to stop the threat of this country. The dungeons and bosses could be more, blended into the game, like the forsaken fortress was in Wind Waker. And the enemies could be slightly more organized like they were in Wind Waker, except for the monsters and stuff in the wilderness area. The whole area could be more open, you could take multiple paths that effect what items you get. There could be different items that could be used to do one thing. For instance, to get across a canyon, you could get the spinner, that could be used to lower the bridge with a gear system this would make it easier for other soldiers to get across on your way back, you could get the hook/claws shot to go across in some places, you could get the grappling hook to go across in some places, or you could do a major side-quest to get a hang glider to go across anywhere. Or you could hunt down all of them. There could also be multiple places to get one item. What items you get could determine what way you progress through the game after long after the initial chance to get the item. You might get the ball and chain rather than the bombs when the challenge is to destroy something, you might then get the bombs when in hyrule, and on your way back to the other country find a completely new village that you could only get into before if you chose the bombs. This village could have also had the iron boots in it which would allow you to get through another challenge faster latter on. NPCs could also effect you. There might be traveling merchants (beetle (SP)) that are allies of either Hyrule or this country or neutral. The enemy ones, you can either kill or leave and do business with them. They might become friends with Hyrule, or they might tell the enemy soldiers where you are if you leave them. If you kill them, they might help you latter on. And for everyone you kill, a new one will start up. But the merchants will grow over time, and the new ones will start out very basic, but if it helps you, it might still be better to kill them. You may also need to defend the hyilian ones, but this will slow you down on your main quest, and may not be worth it, but they may reward you if you do.

Anyway this is just an idea, its not necessarily what the best Zelda game would be like, its just how I think the series could evolve.

What we need is a combination of OoT great main story, alot of dungeons and secrets AND MM npc interaction, playing under stress of knowing that something will destroy the world if you don't do something about it...

Also something different than the joke of a Zelda game TP was, it sucked so much when compared to the other 3 3d Zeldas it almost made me cry.

What Miyamoto said was hopeful, and a more grown up Link than ever would be cool.

Anyone got a link to the pic the article talked about? Only interesting thing from nintendos e3 tbh.

No photos or videos were allowed in, so you'll probably never see it. £10 says the artwork is non-existant in the final game. They've barely gotten started on it and this is just a placeholder to keep people content.

No photos or videos were allowed in, so you'll probably never see it. £10 says the artwork is non-existant in the final game. They've barely gotten started on it and this is just a placeholder to keep people content.

Incorrect.

Nintendo started development even before Twilight Princess was released. The game may be well on the way. I'm convinced they'll show it sometime next year.

And at least this is confirmation we'll get a Zelda rather than a Celda.

Incorrect.

Nintendo started development even before Twilight Princess was released. The game may be well on the way. I'm convinced they'll show it sometime next year.

They don't even know if they're going to use motion+ yet. They've probably just floated some ideas and done some artwork. Won't be out till at the earliest spring 2011.

And personally i'd prefer a 'celda' instead of trying to appeal the 'mature gamers' crowd. A dark link with blood and 'steampunk' is the wetdream of a pathetic fanboy who wants link to be cool and badass so he isn't embarrassed to use it in his ridiculous arguments with his schoolboy friends over which console is better. Hell make Link a raging faggot who fires rainbows out his arse for all I care. Nintendo try and make the Zelda we ask for and you get the good but bland and uninspired Twilight Princess. Let Nintendo and Miyamoto run wild and do what they want and you get a classic game like WW, which for all its faults was a breath of fresh air when it was released.

Incorrect.

I hate to burst your bubble, but that was Twilight Princess on the Wii(or Crossbow Training). And you'd be right in saying it will be shown next year since Miyamoto confirmed it :heh:

They don't even know if they're going to use motion+ yet. They've probably just floated some ideas and done some artwork. Won't be out till at the earliest spring 2011.

And personally i'd prefer a 'celda' instead of trying to appeal the 'mature gamers' crowd. A dark link with blood and 'steampunk' is the wetdream of a pathetic fanboy who wants link to be cool and badass so he isn't embarrassed to use it in his ridiculous arguments with his schoolboy friends over which console is better. Hell make Link a raging faggot who fires rainbows out his arse for all I care. Nintendo try and make the Zelda we ask for and you get the good but bland and uninspired Twilight Princess. Let Nintendo and Miyamoto run wild and do what they want and you get a classic game like WW, which for all its faults was a breath of fresh air when it was released.

I'd also actually prefer another Cel-Shaded adventure to an "adult" one. The style and charatcer of Wind Waker was incredible and even today it stands out as one of the most beautiful games ever made.

While I mentioned earlier that I'd like a steampunk take on Zelda, that is just a dream and I know it probably wouldn't be much of a success. I think the cel-shaded style adds so much to the feel and expression of the game. I would definatly like Nintendo to continue this design as it seems to suit the capabilities of the Wii so much better.

Dunno if you read what was in the the roundtable, but it's an adult Link so it's gonna be a 'realistic' one again, then cel shading on the DS.

Dunno if you read what was in the the roundtable, but it's an adult Link so it's gonna be a 'realistic' one again, then cel shading on the DS.

Yeah I saw that and I'm a bit disappointed but I'm sure Shigsy will deliver regardless of the style.

yes Realistic link again!!

no cel shading pleace

if they do a cel shading then they have to do it Red steel 2 style than i would love it.

yes Realistic link again!!

no cel shading pleace

if they do a cel shading then they have to do it Red steel 2 style than i would love it.

Yes, making it look like the old concept art, or like the new Prince of Persia or RS2 would be OK.

link-items.jpg

zelda6_2.jpg

And the poster hanging on my wall:

zelda4_2.jpg

But never ever the Wind Waker style again. I really didn't like it, and considering that the Wii actually is quite a powerful system, toon graphics don't really fill a purpose.

A fully explorable Hyrule with a Hookshot that can attach to anything.

Oh and finally put a god damn open ended forest in the game. You teased us twice before with Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. I want a Lost Woods that you really can get lost in.

Cheers Nintendo.

Really, Zelda doesn't need 'change' per se. Well, define 'change'... A dramatic change hmmm not really. Its just needs better storylines. In terms of story, TP was extremely lazy and pitiful. -10 points for a generic starter "Forest Temple". Wind Waker had awesome potential, the storyline was top notch but the execution, again, fell to laziness.

I guess the issues are Story AND Nintendo laziness...

Nintendo has to want to NEED to go the extra mile and not just do the bare minimum and wrap it up. There was absolutely NO REASON why in WW ancient Hyrule couldn't have been fully accesible or at the very least housing the two dungeons of the sages or triforce of courage, giving how spatial-wise the landmass on the ocean was extremely lacking. It just seems post Majora's Mask Nintendo just lost the passion or sold their soul (for the buck of lite-casual-easy gameplay). None of us can lay claim to having the one solution for the direction of Zelda, only Nintendo can... and I still trust that they can but only when they decide to take the finger out.

What I would like to see in Zelda:

*Every NPC to have script and atleast 3 major Hylian/Human villages, citadels etc.

*An admixture of OOT/TP's open endedness and raw dungeon count, MM sidequests and WW vibrancy and freshness.

*Visuals 'realistic' in that OOT/MM manga sense, where things still look cartoony. Not like in TP where even great fairies lose their charm because of smply imitating 'imitating' a similar Lord of the Rings-like reality.

*More diverse Goron and Zora habitats. ie Link can only walkaround Goron City with a Goron Tunic due to the heat. In turn, making the hunt for each tunic a sidequest.

*Sidequest: Musical instrument (Ocarina etc) with scores to collect throughout the world.

*Bonus for multiple completion. I hate playing a Zelda to an absolute end... How I wished OOT had some bonus ending... How I tried, sitting there hoping that golden screen would reveal something.

Theres no law that says adults can't be portrayed in an unrealistic, cel-shaded manner. Ganon had a beard in WW y'know!

Theres no law that says adults can't be portrayed in an unrealistic, cel-shaded manner. Ganon had a beard in WW y'know!

WW was nice, no spectacular, but my only annoyance was the difficulty in recognising if some characters were children or adults, like the attendant to Valoo.

I guess Cell-shaded Link is doomed to the DS and the "Real Link" takes over the Wii.....

I really hope a cell-shaded style will appear once more on the Wii, it was awesome in my opinion.

I guess Cell-shaded Link is doomed to the DS and the "Real Link" takes over the Wii.....

I really hope a cell-shaded style will appear once more on the Wii, it was awesome in my opinion.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for seeing it on the Wii. If anything the closest thing to that will be New Play Control Wind Waker if it ever happens.

does anyone know where to find the art wich was shown at E3 for Link?

tnx

It wasn't released to the public.

Sign in to follow this