NEurope
Caris

WWDC 2009

wwdc2009640w.jpg

So WWDC (World Wide Developers Conference) is just over a week away, a new iPhone (plus 3.0 firmware) is all but guaranteed and also there should be a showing of Snow Leopard and rumored Macbook Pro and Cinema Display updates.

The rumors surrounding the new iPhone are the highlight without a doubt, so what are the rumors suggesting this year? Well first off to anyone who isn't following them the rumors are saying:

-Matte Black finish on the bezel and back

-Shorter and slimmer

-3.2mp camera with autofocus

-Built in compass

-16GB & 32GB models

-Possible light up Apple logo that doubles as a flash

-Front camera

-3.5G speeds

-Faster CPU

The highlighted rumors are the ones that are getting a lot of press and are proboly gonna be the real deal, the rest I personally don't think will happen.

210952-iphone3_500.jpg033258-iphone3gvs_500.jpg

So WWDC 2009, Discuss!

Edited by Caris

Doubt it, iPhone syncs with iTunes so receiving music etc over Bluetooth wouldn't work. Although I'm sure i recall something about the Bluetooth being upgraded so you can use Bluetooth headphones now? Not sure.

I'd be at least happy with the back being changed. The fingerprints drive me insane :(

I'll be happy with anything right now, my iPhone 3G is falling to bits, need something to replace it asap.

Here's my WWDC '09 predictions:

iPhone

• 32GB Model
  • Faster processor, more RAM, updated graphics chip
  • 3.5G Speeds
  • Magnetometer/Compass
  • Matte casing
  • 3.2MP Camera with autofocus

Snow Leopard

• Mostly stuff of interest to developers
  • Show off one or two features of interest to consumers
  • Approximate release date will be announced

Other

• I reckon the Macbooks and Macbook Pros will get a minor refresh. Perhaps up the base RAM to 4GB and replace the 9600M with a GT130 in the Pro.

Can't wait, I love WWDC!!

I agree with you on the phone except i wanna swap the 3.5G for a slightly better battery.

MacBooks look nice, but some iPhone stuff please!

http://www.macrumors.com for live text and photo updates for anyone who doesn't have them already (this site is generally better than engadget and the likes).

All nice so far, just get on with the iPhone though, thats the only one I really care about.

Yeah amazing or what! :D

Friggin awesome, should be getting that around October time ;)

Now get on with the iPhone talk!

Snow Leopard $29 upgrade for Leopard users.......fucking awesome...

Looks nice but I don't really see the point. Google maps does a decent enough job for finding places.

Find my iPhone looks great. It's got Paris Hilton written all over it. No more hacking hot celebrity's phones for naughty pics though :(

Looks nice but I don't really see the point. Google maps does a decent enough job for finding places.

Turn-by-turn directions when driving? It's essentially turns your phone into a SatNav.

Turn-by-turn directions when driving? It's essentially turns your phone into a SatNav.

Yup Turn by Turn is massive and they showed a cool in car holder for the iPhone!

Well yeah I get that, but I don't get why you'd pay probably a lot of money when Google Maps is more than useable for getting around.

Well yeah I get that' date=' but I don't get why you'd pay probably a lot of money when Google Maps is more than useable for getting around.[/quote']

It depends on price but probably so you don't have to buy a Tom-Tom separately if you already own an iPhone.