NEurope
Daft

PSP Go

Hopefully Sony will give us a way to play UMD's on the PSP Go, as then I can just buy games dirt cheap and still have the convinience of no UMD's, woo.

I'm sure it won't be that easy... you probably wouldn't know if people had used the preowned games in shops to get the online code already. The staff at places like gamestation are often nerdy and it wouldn't surprise me if they used some of the games to get free codes (however it would be done).

There'd have to be a way of you just getting 1 download copy for each single UMD game... otherwise people could just lend games and download for free.

I'm sure it won't be that easy... you probably wouldn't know if people had used the preowned games in shops to get the online code already. The staff at places like gamestation are often nerdy and it wouldn't surprise me if they used some of the games to get free codes (however it would be done).

There'd have to be a way of you just getting 1 download copy for each single UMD game... otherwise people could just lend games and download for free.

I doubt they would allow you to do this, they would lose money.

The reason they announced the psp go is beacuse it will be digital so you don't need UMD games and they are not cheep the ones on the PSN Store will be and Sony is doing a good will program for people who got UMD games to transfer them to the PSP GO and we will now how much the PSP GO will cost in UK this Tuesday at Gamescom

You're missing the point.

I know what the PSP Go is for, but I'm curious to know whether, if say an old PSP game costs £5 off play.com (Wipeout Pulse does for example) whether I'd just be able to buy the UMD and then 'transfer' it to my PSP Go, rather then buy it off the PS store for £8 or whatever it costs.

They might not bother but they might want to convince PSP 3000 owners to convert, who knows!

GamesCom: PSP Go to retail in the UK for £225

A SCEE rep has confirmed to VG247* that the PSP Go will retail in the UK for £224.99.It comes as the platform holder gutted the price of the fat Playstation 3 tonight down to £249, while also sticking on the same price tag for the newly revealed PS3 Slim.We see some special bundles coming for this and the PS3 Slim.

GamesCom: PSP Go to retail in the UK for £225

A SCEE rep has confirmed to VG247* that the PSP Go will retail in the UK for £224.99.It comes as the platform holder gutted the price of the fat Playstation 3 tonight down to £249, while also sticking on the same price tag for the newly revealed PS3 Slim.We see some special bundles coming for this and the PS3 Slim.

Oh dear...£25 cheaper than something that has a Blu Ray player as well as vastly superior components. Silly Sony.

Oh dear...£25 cheaper than something that has a Blu Ray player as well as vastly superior components. Silly Sony.

It is so funny we onley need £25 more to get the PS3 Slim Haaaa Sony you make me laugh I wanted £179.99

You can get the PSP Go for £199 and get GT PSP with it for free. Just shop around.

You can get the PSP Go for £199 and get GT PSP with it for free. Just shop around.

I want to get it at Game I allways shop there.

No doubt PS3 slim price reductions/ bundles will pop up too...either way, it's still horrendously overpriced.

I loled at the PSPGo price in Australia...$450 :zzz:

(think children, with adding another $50 onto it and you can get a PS3!!!)

Being that it is a Bluetooth device now, that means it is possible for it to detect a Sixaxis or Dual Shock 3 controller, allowing it both analog control sticks as well as the motion sensing functionality. It can do this rather easily, with no wired attachments, and the controller is small enough for you to carry around pretty easily when traveling. It has been able to use a Sixaxis or Dual Shock already, but doing so required a wired hookup which wasn't exactly convenient for gaming on the go and therefore was not supported with remote play.

This means it is now possible to control any game in PS3's library via remote play. While it is not known if PS3 can handle the encoding and streaming of game data on the fly for all of it's games, many of PS3's most demanding games already include Youtube support which does a pretty similar task of encoding audio and video on the fly during gameplay, so it isn't too far fetched. If Sony is able to pull this off in the future,

http://psinsider.e-mpire.com/index.php?categoryid=4&m_articles_articleid=1329

It's speculation and I doubt it'll happen but this would be the PSP Go's killer app for me.

Out of interest, will you be able to buy the digital games for the older PSP models or is it just for the Go?

Yep all models as it will simply be done via the PSN store much like it is now...

When does the psp go come out?

Yep all models as it will simply be done via the PSN store much like it is now...

Kind of makes the Go redundant if that's the case, I thought that was it's biggest selling point. With the older models you get best of both worlds. How much are the downloadable games gonna cost? Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite is $25 for the download, but play.com is selling it for £15.

Kind of makes the Go redundant if that's the case, I thought that was it's biggest selling point. With the older models you get best of both worlds. How much are the downloadable games gonna cost? Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite is $25 for the download, but play.com is selling it for £15.

Yeah you are right in someways which is precisely why I'm not picking one up. I will still be able to download Minis and if I want I download any games I choose to. The only real advantages are its Bluetooth compatible and it can have ingame XMB.

It's speculation and I doubt it'll happen but this would be the PSP Go's killer app for me.

You can stick up to 48GB of memory in this thing! I think it would make great media player.

I reckon there will have to be a cut off point. So after you've registered your PSP Go, you would have maybe 2 weeks to register your UMD's. If so, people would just be stocking up on cheap UMD's off eBay before they even bought their new PSP Go.

Edited by iplanet77

If we lost a umd but like still had the case would the code be on there?

Oh ya and since it comes out 1st october looks like im getting it for my birthday cause my B-Day is october-19.lolz

You can stick up to 48GB of memory in this thing! I think it would make great media player.

I reckon there will have to be a cut off point. So after you've registered your PSP Go, you would have maybe 2 weeks to register your UMD's. If so, people would just be stocking up on cheap UMD's off eBay before they even bought their new PSP Go.

I think people would just stock up on UMDs before registering tbh. Still seems like a terribly hard to implement system.

I would imagine there will be a limit on the amount you can transfer and some sort of system to stop people getting a digital copy more than once.

Now we get GT for free it makes the price I'm paying a pretty good deal (Got it ordered when Game had it up at £180), I'm rather looking forward to it.

This is a portable console, it's more difficult to put all that hardware together in a small device like PSP Go, so the production costs are higher, obviously.