NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
christophicus

P2P or Torrent

Both prevent your connection effectively dying. For either option select 4Kb.

4kb? That's so stingy! I do use the max upload feature of my torrent client but I always set it to 25kb as I always thought that torrents got slower the less you upload?

Either way, I'm pretty sure this thread is walking right on the edge of fine line that they call the law?

I use utorrent too as its very nice on system resources around 8mb of ram(max). For p2p I use shareaza . Is there any other p2p that are nice on system resourcs. The best torrent site has got to be new nova (google it :) )

Either way, I'm pretty sure this thread is walking right on the edge of fine line that they call the law?

Perfectly legal so far...... :heh:

4kb? That's so stingy! I do use the max upload feature of my torrent client but I always set it to 25kb as I always thought that torrents got slower the less you upload?

I have found that as soon as you get to 8kb/s performance starts going down. Also it probably won't make a difference to your download speed. (anyone confirm this?)

Q)I don't want you stealing my bandwidth! How can I stop it from uploading?

A)You could hack the source to not upload, but then your download rate would suck. BitTorrent downloaders engage in tit-for-tat with their peers, so leeches have very little success downloading.

Maybe this changes with clients though, or maybe you should try a higher upload rate Space and see how it affects your download? With an upload of 25k my download speed is normally around 100k on a 1MB connection.

Lmao, this thread has so much warez discussion. Awesome.

And Lammie, i thought you'de know better! :)

Hey does anyone know of any good programs which stop your isp from being able to see what your programs are downloading?

See now thats pushed it a bit too far. Theres no way you're asking that just out of interest. Closing, its been risquee enough anyway.

Sign in to follow this