NEurope
Choze

NEW MGS

To yet another countdown.

Only two countdowns left.

5/30 (Saturday) Snow

6/1 (2 weeks today) Sun!

I actually consider Raiden from to 4 to be Gray Fox. Seriously everything Raiden does basically falls in line of what Grey Fox does in the first MGS.

Yeah, but that's the point isn't it? Raiden's body in MGS4 is a more advance version/adaptation of Grey Fox's.

That's what I figured.

Here's what most people do, they don't play the games they don't want to.

Just a thought.

Yap, my approach. Not necessarily to MGS though.

Could be a 360 and PS3 game hence timing with MS's conference. The letters are 3 6 0 P S 3 if you look at the scan

Could be a 360 and PS3 game hence timing with MS's conference. The letters are 3 6 0 P S 3 if you look at the scan

The scan has 30566 PE and the site has 5,P,R,E,e,3

Some kind of parallel story, obviously set in different times, between Raiden and Big Boss would be cool. Not sure how the hell that would work though.

Need more of The Boss please!

Or :p

2ntaidi.jpg

First part of the translation of the scans is out:

Kojima: At this time, this middle aged man (spoiler) is shown. Because this is the only thing that's show, I want everyone to think about what it is. For example how the (spoiler) appears.

Hamamura: Is this...Big Boss?

Kojima: How the (spoiler) appears is a little different

Hamamura: What? Different...?

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Its Gray fox not Raiden ?

Could be because Raiden has blue eyes and this person has brown eyes

1. (The Big Boss image is posted above)

Interviewer: "Is that Big Boss?"

Kojima: It's a little different from XX

(or XXX's next form is a little different)

Interviewer: "Whaaaattt? Different???"

Kojima: I still can't tell you what the title is, but this is the real deal. Put it this way, it's part of the orthodox "Metal Gear Saga"

(The text below was mostly blocked out, but it talked about what timeframe the game is based in, and it appears that it's across all time periods)

Kojima: I want the game's core to be aimed towards Japan, and released globally. XXX... It's being made by MGS4 staff

Interviewer: That's awesome!

Kojima: The symbol on the cap of the old man (he did not say Big Boss) will be important

Interviewer: This symbol is different from the fox, it looks like a world map

Kojima: No just the mark, but the system of the game will be new!

Note: Kojima uses "This old man" a lot through the interview rather than referring to Big Boss

Interviewer: It sounds interesting, but do you think people will understand it at all?

Kojima: I think people will understand

Well... Tried my best to translate it, but it's so hard with all the blocked out text... bloody Kojima. That's all I can do for now, maybe I'll give it another go later

Summary:

Interestingly the old man in the cap might not be Big Boss, the story will be part of the main MGS saga and it will go through different time periods. New game system, and it's being made by the staff from MGS4

The big reveal from the last teaser site update was an image of Big Boss. The Famitsu report also shows an image of Raiden. We presume this image will appear at the site when the new countdown strikes zero on Monday.

As for the actual content of the interview, it's a bit difficult to make out what's said as Famitsu censored the text by covering up key characters with white circles.

Here's what happens when we translate some of the text while keeping the circles in place (replaced with Xs):

Famitsu: Is the generation XXX?

Kojima: No, it's XXX. If I were to say it all, perhaps XXXXX. I'm currently doing the game design and direction.

Famitsu: Really!

Kojima: I believe Japan will be the focus, but it will be sold throughout the world. Within me, this is XXXX. I won't say it's X, but I am making a proper story, and it is being made by the MGS4 staff.

Famitsu: Really! That's amazing.

Elsewhere, the interview touches a bit upon the content of the game:

Kojima: The mark on the old man's hat is very important

Famitsu: This mark is different from a fox. It's like a world map.

Kojima: Not just the mark, but the game systems are also new.

Famitsu: Is it XX-XXXXXXXXXX?

Kojima: Yes. We'll be doing stuff that one would expect of XXXXXXX. XXXX and so-forth are obvious, so those will be included. Uh-oh... I said stuff that was unplanned (laughs)

Famitsu also asked Kojima about the setting. "The setting is XXXXXXX," responded Kojima. Apparently, something called "XXXXXXXXX" happened in this location, leaving it as a "XXXXX" country.

Confused? That's probably the point!

If we have any sudden revelations about all those Xs, or if other areas of the interview yeild anything newsworthy, we'll let you know.

Theory:

bigboss1.jpg

is him

akiba.jpg

On his cap is USA or Europe with parts underwater.

"When I grow up i am going be like my dad!"

280px-Little_John.png

new_raiden.jpg

Edited by Dante

I quite like the idea of the original Metal Gear being expounded upon but i doubt this is what it is. It looks more like some kind of MGS Chronicles game. Bring it!

Good theory on Raidens kid. Not so sure about Akiba (that was Akiba in the picture right?)

Im going to place my money on "Raiden" actually being a cyborg Sunny. "Have some eggs you mofos or I'll totally cut you!"

I wonder how many hours of cutscenes it will contain?

Probably about three feature-length films-worth... :/ or more if Kojima can get away with it. :heh:

Hopefully lots! Its Metal Gear and those Blu-Ray discs have tons of space so why not

Not that I care because I actually loved the cutscenes, loved settling back for what was basically a TV episode, but I really think they should have an option to abridge the game.

Just cut all the excess out so people would just stop going on about how many hours of cutscenes there are.

I just hope its not 360 exclusive. That's the only current platform I don't own and would finally have to bite the bullet if it happened...

Got a real hunger to play a Metal Gear now...might have to buy a PS2 so I can finally play my copy of subsistence...or perhaps I could play Acid or replay 4..

I would actually 'lol' if it was 360 exclusive, I say that safely because I know it won't happen, it's more likely to be PS3 exclusive than anything. :heh:

Current line of thougth is that one MGS is for PSP the other for PS3 and 360.

DEAR LORD THANK YOU FOR BLESSING THIS FINE WEDNESDAY.

Well said! :D

More MGS is an instant win in my eyes.

Yeah Raiden's Kid I think. Do you reckon somehow maybe cloned Old Snake before he died, and Raiden has to stop him because he was used by the wrong company ala MILITAIRES SANS FRONTIERES.

Just a quick theory. Would be similar to MGS4 because you'd be trying to kill one man the whole time.

Maybe Militaires Sans Frontieres make loads of clones of Snake ala the way Agent Smith multiplies so that there are hundreds/thousands of him.

Edited by dwarf

Yeah Raiden's Kid I think. Do you reckon somehow maybe cloned Old Snake before he died, and Raiden has to stop him because he was used by the wrong company ala MILITAIRES SANS FRONTIERES.

Just a quick theory. Would be similar to MGS4 because you'd be trying to kill one man the whole time.

Maybe Militaires Sans Frontieres make loads of clones of Snake ala the way Agent Smith multiplies so that there are hundreds/thousands of him.

it is a possibility in metal gear acid 2 you play a clone of the original snake way in the future so who knows...

Hmmm I didn't know that. To be honest it's anyones guess as to what will happen, I don't even think Kojima himself knows.

He can't have been developing the game for long anyway.

Hmmm I didn't know that. To be honest it's anyones guess as to what will happen, I don't even think Kojima himself knows.

He can't have been developing the game for long anyway.

perhaps he hasn't even started likely spent all his time dicking around with these stupid countdowns...

OMG...Awesome. I loved the 'NEW' style MGS that was MGS4 and if this is even a teensy bit similar (with as long cut scenes) I'll be over the moon. :D Brilliant news!