NEurope
Choze

Afrika (US)

Now being published by Natsume for America! Its coming. :)

Good times. Complete change of pace.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/986/986560p1.html

afrika-20090526110001481.jpg

afrika-20060907085509414.jpg

afrika-20090526004101978.jpg

afrika-20060921085842501.jpg

afrika-20060921085844110.jpg

afrika-20090526004116337.jpg

afrika-images-20080819035259328.jpg

afrika-images-20080819035302890.jpg

afrika-20090526004058587.jpg

afrika-20090526004107884.jpg

afrika-20060907085508164.jpg

Although I barely scratched the surface of Afrika, this game looks like it has serious potential to win over a niche crowd. With more than 100 missions to pursue and plenty of animals to capture on film, Afrika is sure to be a welcome break from the standard shooter/action game fare we've seen so much of lately.
Edited by Choze

SquEx were looking to publish this here way back last year when I was there. They passed in the end.

It didn't really look that good but I heard it was fun and I love chilled games so this is great news.

Would be interesting to see if they included trophies.

I bought my PS3 for games. Not for drivel like this, just seems to be a showcase of hardware when really you may as well just look on Youtube if you haven't seen a real elephant before.

Failing that, maybe a zoo?

I bought my PS3 for games. Not for drivel like this, just seems to be a showcase of hardware when really you may as well just look on Youtube if you haven't seen a real elephant before.

Failing that, maybe a zoo?

Again read up. Also variety is key. Not everyone wants the same games as you or me. I personally dont mind it. I might learn afew things from this game and relax while doing it. Its different from all the other games.

Edited by Choze

Conversely this sort of game is exactly why I bought my PS3 because it was clearly going to play host to a broad range of titles for every taste.

I'll probably pick this up at some point; it's my kind of shoot 'em up.

just seems to be a showcase of hardware

Then why do the screenshots look like they're from a GameCube game? Even Wii Sports Golf had better ground textures.

I've been looking forward to this for some time now! I love games like this! :)

Its about time someone published this in the west, saves importing the asian version. Is there any news of the underwater style game getting a western release? I can't remember what is called but it looked great, kinda like a HD version of Endless Ocean.

Then why do the screenshots look like they're from a GameCube game? Even Wii Sports Golf had better ground textures.

Well in some screenshots yes, but I don't recall Wii sports golf having massive environments and hundreds of decent looking buffalo on screen. The water in this looks brilliant too, instead of cartoony.

Wi Sports golf just had a decent flat texture that appeare like grass, but between rough and fairway there was just a jagged line seperating them. This has hills and other features where textures merge and there is more evidence of it being 3D.

So wait a sec....slap some pokemon in a game like this and you get a cult hit in the form of Pokemon Snap, try and recreate Africa (no mean feat) and suddenly its shit...

@ Dwarf...

Zip it you 'hardcore' gamer tart, this looks awesome!

IMO God took away GTA4 DLC with one hand (*cries*) but gave us Afrika with the other. I'm delighted. One of the reasons I wanted a PS3 as I love anything like this. Nature + exploration + animals + photography = win! (Endless Ocean is one of my favourite titles ever fact fans).

Well no because I like the look of Heavy Rain and other similar projects where as this doesn't seem to have an interesting goal.

And I couldn't comment on Pokémon Snap cause I've never played it.

So wait a sec....slap some pokemon in a game like this and you get a cult hit in the form of Pokemon Snap, try and recreate Africa (no mean feat) and suddenly its shit...

I think I'd rather explore the world of Pokemon, full of vibrant landscapes, activities and charming, unique characters, trying to work out how to make a Dragonite appear and get the best snap possible than watch an Elephant take a shit in a desert.

^ haha genius! Pokemon are more interesting because it's a fantasy.

Is there any news of the underwater style game getting a western release? I can't remember what is called but it looked great, kinda like a HD version of Endless Ocean.

Aquanaut's Holiday. The Chinese version has full English text if you don't mind importing. Trophies, too.

I've played several variations on what this game appears to be - they're pretty much sunday afternoon games that you can play with your mind switched off.

Thing that gets me, though, is the uber-realism that it's trying to achieve. Any flaws are only going to be accentuated by how unreal they appear in comparison. This is the sort of game that we'll look back on in future console generations and, for the aesthetics, we'll cringe and perhaps feel embarassed that we ever considered it 'real-looking'.

*is aware that his argument is probably hypocritical, when compared to his shelf of games, but doesn't care*

If you can track down the animals, it can be quite cool.

Shame they don't use the grass tech that was in Flower. That'd be amazing.

Aquanaut's Holiday. The Chinese version has full English text if you don't mind importing. Trophies, too.

You know the best place I can order this from?

I've been look at it for a bit but didn't know the Chinese version was in English.

You know the best place I can order this from?

I've been look at it for a bit but didn't know the Chinese version was in English.

eBay prices seem to fall between the £30-40 including postage. YesAsia are selling it for £36 but they can take an absolute age to ship and deliver things. There are other places to get Asian versions of games, of course, but I'd imagine auction sites will probably work out cheaper and quicker.

It's basically Pokemon Snap except with animals and not on-rails... oh and it's in Ayyyyyche Deeeeeeee! of course. ;)

Cheers! Just ordered it off eBay.

Why has he requested to be banned nutter!

I did that once, probably has to force himself not to come on because he doesn't need forum activity at this time.