NEurope
Choze

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Oh wait, I for some reason thought he was defending and was smoking the opposition bases out.

I've managed to get all the bronze stars for the guns, with the exception of the M1A1 and the M1, as a glitch is causing my kills with the M1A1 to not be recorded, and my kills with the M1 appear to not be put towards getting stars. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. I need to get them for gadgets and vehicles next. I'm missing the bronze stars for the 40mm shotgun, and the AT mines. As for vehicles, I still need bronze stars in the light vehicle category, and the water vehicle category.

Anyone else had this game crash? Mine seems to nearly every time I play it at least once.

I've been trying out all the shotguns today when I haven't been working. It's hard to decide which one is best. I'm pretty certain it isn't the NS 2000 though, the low clip size and slow RoF is painful, especially because the shotgun hit detection in this game seems to be very poor, making it almost essential that you can shoot quickly after your first.

I find if you're using shotguns that the long-range slugs & magnum ammo must be used, otherwise they just aren't cut out for use in BF. They barely are with both of those anyway.

I did have a startling 12 kill streak with the Saiga Semi earlier though, the accuracy is brilliant, and obviously does a lot of damage, so 2 clean hits is a definitely a kill. The Spas seems very similar but I haven't tested it enough, though it did seem unreliable when I was using it, annoyingly missed a load of shots I thought were on target.

Will experiment with the USAS and the standard one another time.

Btw, the type 88 sniper or sniper special with 4X scope and magnum was a great recommendation, whoever suggested it. Incredibly fun to use, the streaks the Special has brought unto me have been magical. Plus I've got the 6th gold star for the M1911 pistol. It's such a life saver, and good for long range/short range targets too. It's almost deserving of being a primary weapon, much like the magnum in KZ2.

I would say the Neostead 2000 is my favorite shotgun in the game. I've usually used it with the slugs and the larger loading tubes perks though. Even though its more accurate, the SPAS 12 is probably my least favorite. I managed to headshot kill some guy at medium range, but it just doesn't feel right for close range. The 870 Combat feels like its in the middle. As for the semi auto and auto ones. I find they're about equal.

What maps would people recommend for getting lots of kills with the 40mm shotgun and the anti tank mines?

40mm shotgun: Most squad dathmatch maps, white pass being the easiest to do it on I think. Or you could try the 'new' VIP conquest desert map.

As for AT mines, basically use them when defending any Rush map (bar Nelson Bay ofc). Laguna Alta on conquest is very good for them too. It's easy to get near the vehicles where enemies spawn on that map, just plonk 'em down in hard to see places, or even virtually under the vehicles and hey presto!

Who has this on 360 again? I've now got that copy too (won it in a competition). Would be good to have some games with you guys :)

Me and Bren and im guessing viper as well, poor show from the xbox guys on this forum. I'll add you.

Who has this on 360 again? I've now got that copy too (won it in a competition). Would be good to have some games with you guys :)

Me me meeee! And I play it quite alot!

I've got the game on the 360... well, my brother has and I play it too. Although because it's his I don't have a VIP code yet.

Talking about the VIP code, does anyone know if you can get them online because my 360 won't accept my cards as payment options and I'm not buying a silly amount of points from a retailer when I only need 140!

I've got the game on the 360... well, my brother has and I play it too. Although because it's his I don't have a VIP code yet.

Talking about the VIP code, does anyone know if you can get them online because my 360 won't accept my cards as payment options and I'm not buying a silly amount of points from a retailer when I only need 140!

Have you tried ebay, maybe someone is seliing the vip vodes cheap, but I doubt it.

I finally managed to get the Pin for naval combat efficiency. I still need the ones for Flag attack, flag defense, roadkills, and light vehicle combat. Any tips for those?

For some reason I've got 27 kills with the M1, but the game refuses to award me the bronze star for it. Even though the sats page for it is still showing 0 kills for some reason, I've managed to get the bronze star for the M1A1 though.

My weapons preferences are now:

Assault Rifle: M16

Sub Machine Gun: PP2000

Light Machine Gun: M60/XM8

Sniper Rifle: GOL

Pistol: M1911

Shotgun: Neostead 2000

Other: G3/M1

Sooo, started playing this again after a hell of a long time.

Anyone here who wants to help me with Et Tu, Brute? sometime?

I want to get that trophy out of the way...

I need to get that trophy, what's the easiest method of doing it? Squad deathmatch maybe?

I'd say squad rush. Less other players to get in the way. Saying that, I still need the trophy as well.

Gonna be available from now on. Unless something important comes up.

Edit: Mr. Important spoke to me. Probably won't be available -.-

Edited by drahkon

Depends on the time. I'd be available around 9 most likely.

9pm UK time? I'll be available then.

As long as the time-zone converter I used worked, yes, UK time.

If you're up for it though, I've got about 50 minutes now as well.

Edited by Emasher

I need to get that trophy, what's the easiest method of doing it? Squad deathmatch maybe?

Correct

I'd say squad rush. Less other players to get in the way. Saying that, I still need the trophy as well.

Wrong. This method is slower.

The small squad deathmatch on Isla Inocentes is best, just go to the pier and wait under the dock/bridge thing, take turns knifing.

I forgot the Fulham game was on, so I'll be available anytime after 9:30pm'ish.