NEurope
Choze

Battlefield Bad Company 2

I've unlocked the GOL and then had to reunlock it, i may even have had to reunlock all the same stuff as you. Wasn't overly annoying though.

The 'new' VIP maps are coming out tomorrow aren't they?

They are. This should give me more motivation to finish off the bronze stars. Aside from the M1A1 that is.

OK I am have some serious troubles with my copy of the game. It's only started happening recently but my xbox crashes after about 10 mins of playing. It cuts off and two red rings (top two) start blinking, I then have to pull out the plug and put it back in to start it.

Weird thing is this only happens on multiplayer (and on no other game). Anyone else experience this?

The new maps are amazing.

I would say they're both the best in their respective modes.

Edited by Emasher

Hmmm. I don't know.

I might've been playing badly/had bad teams when I tried each map and didn't enjoy them. The vastness of Laguna Presa Rush is incredible though. Some parts of it are incredibly difficult to defend, there's so much foliage in the way.

Unlocked the AN94 Abakan today... what a beast of a gun! I'm looking forward to unlocking the M16A2 now!

Plus, I'm looking forward to having magnum ammo... each time I get killed by someone using magnum ammo they don't seem to put many bullets into me.

I'd say the M16A2 is the best Assault Rifle in the game. If you like the AN94, you'll love it.

I'm really starting to like the C4, I've killed so many tanks with it now.

Edit: Which mod is having a laugh.

Edit 2: NVM

Edited by Emasher

I can't wait to unlock the M16A2, my bro tells me that I'll love it considering I love the AN94.

I've got to say, Magnum Ammo is ruthless! With that equipped people drop like flies... it's crazy awesome!

My favourite guns so far that I've got are the AN94, the M60 and the GOL. I'm not a huge fan of the engineer kit.

How far are you with the engineer guns. The first 3 all suck, the rest are really good though.

Haha, I've only unlocked the first 3! I'll definitely unlock the rest, but only after I've unlocked the M16A2.

Update: I've unlocked the M16A2 now and wow, this gun is awesome! My first game with it and I got 50 kills to 17 deaths... the M16A2 wins gunfights! Haha

I've been having storming games today so far, 17 was the most I'd died in any match and 31 was the least I'd killed. It wasn't all that long ago that I was in a negative K/D ratio, it's shooting up now. :)

Edited by Kav

I'm quite the pascifist in this game; my medic is always on hand to give squad mates a revival. So I never pay attention to the kill/death ratio like I did with MW.

The VSS Sniper Rifle with either a Red Dot Sight or a 4x Scope is absolutely awesome!

The VSS Sniper Rifle with either a Red Dot Sight or a 4x Scope is absolutely awesome!

Been using the SVU in this way, up close with a low mag scope (4x for me, can't handle the red dot for some reason). Works a charm, as long as you hit em in the head!

Another evil Recon tactic; on Rush, attack the M-COM station, plant C4 on it, set the charge, throw in a motion sensor and take cover. Way too often the enemy will pile in to disarm the charge and won't see the C4... BOOM! I feel a little bit cruel every time I do it :laughing:

Thats what is great about the game, just lay traps, sneaking behind a tank is most fun. lob some C4 on it and go boom. better when its a tank full of four people.

Has anyone managed to sneak to a helicopter, throw C4 on it let it take off and blow it up, one day I will achieve this. I also noticed Anti Tanks mines stay on the ground even after you die, just lay them on every road there is and let the good times roll.

McPhee mind if I add you?

There's loads of crazy shit you can do. Probably my best moment was when me and a friend were defending the first base on Port Valdez. He managed to steal an ATV, I put 6 lots of C4 on it, he drove up the hill to the left and said 'now' down the headset. With a click of R1, bam, 400 points. He manages to circle the base, coming down the opposite hill without getting the 'you're leaving the map' message.

He drives back to where I am standing and I relay the C4, but before he can accelerate he gets camped right in front of me.

It was good shit though!

----------

When using the weapons it's good to try out magnum ammo with earlier unlocks. I actually prefer the Abakan to the M16A2 when using it.

I couldn't get on with the VSS sniper, it has the same amount of ammo as normal snipers but takes a lot more hits to take people down. Will have another go with the extra ammunition. Except I won't because that sacrifices the scope types... They need to readjust some of this stuff.

McPhee mind if I add you?

I've got BC2 on PC rather than 360, but may as well add me anyway. Quite tempted to get the 360 version too, some of my 360-owning mates have started to pick it up. Just needs to hit £25 and I'll do it!

I had a couple of frustrating weeks on BC2 where overall I seemed to be playing at an average level, not managing to concentrate well enough, missing shots I should've hit, etc etc, until the previous few hours.

Had one of the funnest sessions on this tonight, some really amazing Rush games. In one of them I got 70 kills, 40 deaths, using the M16A4/Abakan/PP2000. Played alongside Cooky, who was doing intense, as well as 2 other really good squad members. We got something like 18,000 points together. I really felt like I helped the team, and felt I was being helped a ton too. It was such a great game because the opposition were far superior to the rest of our team, yet our squad was good enough to win it and blow up the final bases.

The game was really long as well. The defenders pushed far up to our spawn points, making it difficult to mount any assault. Our squad slowly pushed up, taking out tons of people, whilst making sure that always one person stayed alive (i.e. me) to spawn on. This enabled the other 8 players to get closer to the objectives and away from the choke points.

There were tons of insane moments but I'll save you the boredom.

Had one of the funnest sessions on this tonight, some really amazing Rush games. In one of them I got 70 kills, 40 deaths, using the M16A4/Abakan/PP2000. Played alongside Cooky, who was doing intense, as well as 2 other really good squad members. We got something like 18,000 points together. I really felt like I helped the team, and felt I was being helped a ton too. It was such a great game because the opposition were far superior to the rest of our team, yet our squad was good enough to win it and blow up the final bases.

The game was really long as well. The defenders pushed far up to our spawn points, making it difficult to mount any assault. Our squad slowly pushed up, taking out tons of people, whilst making sure that always one person stayed alive (i.e. me) to spawn on. This enabled the other 8 players to get closer to the objectives and away from the choke points.

There were tons of insane moments but I'll save you the boredom.

Indeed - was an awesome hard pressed battle - I love this game it's so much fun - we need to get a clan going.

I just realized Squad Rush opened up to everyone. Was this released the same day as map pack 2?

? Squad Rush was available to everyone since release.

I'm making a start on trying to get the demolition man trophy.

Perhaps it was just here that it was locked out to anyone who didn't pre-order from certain retailers.

Finally played in squad where everyone was talking, thanks to Bren and his mates. So much better, we had everything going on tanks, helicopters, pushed the defenders right back. great stuff, smoke grenade to cover the base, mega lols.

How would a smoke grenade in that situation be beneficial?

Edit: After a bit of work I'm gonna have a fest on this, so you legendary PS3ers who have the game, cometh to meh! I summon you, noble Cookyman, Drahc, and Masher of E!

Edited by dwarf

Smoke is usually good to cover mates when planting charge or capturing flags. Just sit there with an ammo box and smoke smoke away.