NEurope
Choze

Battlefield Bad Company 2

The PS3 store has been down since launch, pretty annoying that it takes them this long to get it fixed.

I made a hero's account, and it shows up on my veteran page, but I didn't get any points for it. Do you need to play in a match to do that?

Also: for non-ps3 users, what's all on the store right now, and how much does it cost?

Some themes and avatar icons(I think) and the chance to input your VIP code to get the 2 free maps, It has a date for a new map pack in April some time. Other downloads are set as TBC

The VIP thing is for the dark map and the Laguna Alta map isn't it? It doesn't grant you anything else down the line?

Plus I don't get this veteran status thing. I'm guessing I have to have played more than just BC2 and 1943 to get the Garand.

The VIP thing is for the dark map and the Laguna Alta map isn't it? It doesn't grant you anything else down the line?

Plus I don't get this veteran status thing. I'm guessing I have to have played more than just BC2 and 1943 to get the Garand.

Yeah just the two maps you mentioned I think for the VIP codeits for nothing in the future, I was just saying the store says more maps in April.

Oh and the servers are down again according to battlefield twitter

EDIT: Backup but a reset tomorrow 8am GMT

Edited by James

I am a God in a squad (deathmatch). Seriously sometimes I amaze myself with my pro-ness.

got a 15-6 in my first game, a 16-4 in the next and then an insane 30 kills to 7 deaths in the last.

I'll give you the tactics low down. Basically most of the maps consist of a lot of small buildings and obviously a couple of streets and a tank. What you should do is scout around checking in all directions on foot, using powerful good-range weapons (with magnum bullets if possible). Find a nearby building. Go into the middle floor and scout the map from the balconies, pick someone off and then see where the action is and hop out. (To reduce fall damage from any height just jump out and back into the building while falling and you won't lose health)

Whenever you're entering or exiting the house equip the shotgun attachment, clear out the building, rinse and repeat. Make sure to look up the stairs and then walk backwards up them to get rid of stair campers. Be careful for multiple people spawning on enemies, if they do the shotty should sort them out, or you could just grab their dog tags.

Because enemies can be anywhere in this mode, if you're getting shot at just run around and find an unpredictable position and try and think where they will be running to try and get you. Don't stay still though because you won't be alive for long.

The best tactic I find for the vehicle is just to park it on a hill and move forward and back slightly, shooting down people from a fair distance. Spin the barrel around every now and then because you get the common sneaky sniper trying to C4 yo' ass.

Some themes and avatar icons(I think) and the chance to input your VIP code to get the 2 free maps, It has a date for a new map pack in April some time. Other downloads are set as TBC

As you mentioned before, you can buy the M1 in the store, how much does it cost to obtain it this way.

Just got 25 pins in one game! 49 kills 15 deaths. Insane, and it could've easily been more.

This game is too good.

(To reduce fall damage from any height just jump out and back into the building while falling and you won't lose health)

Do you not get a parachute in the console version? I just tap jump after falling for a second and the chute opens.

Yeah but they're such a giveaway, I wouldn't use them unless I needed to glide somewhere fast.

Just got the AKS-74U, by far its the best Sub Machine gun yet. I also managed to get the "The Dentist" Trophy.

Just got the AKS-74U, by far its the best Sub Machine gun yet. I also managed to get the "The Dentist" Trophy.

Bet it was a sniper you got in the back of the head, easiest way to get it.

It was actually. Although, I just about got it earlier today on an assault class. I just forgot I was playing as an engineer, and killed him with my knife.

Wait til you try out the PP2000, the stats don't do the weapon justice (although the maxed rate of fire bar does speak for itself)

Best guns in the game so far for me:

Out of all of the Engineer ones I'd say the PP2000 is the best, although I've barely tried out that or the UMP 45 with magnum bullets so it's between those two.

For the assault, I've only one weapon to unlock, but out of them so far the Abakan is the best. The burst fire is for some reason insanely good and fairly easy to use one quick burst for a headshot.

I've only got 4 snipers unlocked currently, but for me the first one (M24) is still the best. As for handguns, it's a close one between the second unlock (i.e the WWII M1911.45) and the final handgun M93R Burst.

Have not bothered using shotties yet but probably will use the SPAS-12 because of its insane range. People have killed me from mega range with that, and I'm not suprised because when you aim with one in the campaign, the reticule is essentially 100% accurate.

I've always been a bit more about accuracy than rate of fire. I think I'm about 3/4 through the unlocks now. My favorite from each class:

Assault: XM8 Prototype

Engineer: AKS-74U

Medic: Undecided as of yet

Recon: GOL

Shotgun: NS2000 (I haven't unlocked it yet in the full game, but it was by far my favorite in the beta).

For the Medic it has to be the XM8 LMG. Just the right balance between Assault Rifle and LMG. Add in the scope and you're good to go :p Only Med unlock I'm yet to get is the MG3. Will bag it tomorrow.

I wasn't really expecting Medic to be my favourite class, but it is. Can't get my head around sniping in this game for some reason and I've never liked SMGs. The Assault class was never going to be my cup of tea, I prefer to be a support class where possible. Medic just seems to click. Brings back memories of DF: Black Hawk Down.

Edited by McPhee

Have not bothered using shotties yet but probably will use the SPAS-12 because of its insane range. People have killed me from mega range with that, and I'm not suprised because when you aim with one in the campaign, the reticule is essentially 100% accurate.

You have to have the slugs on to get that accuracy though, but it's definately worth the trade off. I've run up right in front of a sniper and they've just stood there aiming thinking that I wouldn't be able to kill them from that distance with a shotgun, I took a second to stand still and aim down the sights and took him out before he could aim down the trigger.

And you're damn right about this game. I've maxed out vehicles, sniper and medic and dabbled in assault and engineers, there isn't one of them I haven't enjoyed. There's so many ways to play with each class that it's hard to ever get bored. This game is the only reason I'm going to regret living on my own xD It's gonna be months til I get a tv and some internets so I can whip this bad boy out :nono:

Don't even have one of them sadly haha. I'm online now because I came back to clean my room up a bit and pick some stuff up. I'm gonna play a game or two while I'm here though if anyones interested?

You have to have the slugs on to get that accuracy though, but it's definately worth the trade off. I've run up right in front of a sniper and they've just stood there aiming thinking that I wouldn't be able to kill them from that distance with a shotgun, I took a second to stand still and aim down the sights and took him out before he could aim down the trigger.

And you're damn right about this game. I've maxed out vehicles, sniper and medic and dabbled in assault and engineers, there isn't one of them I haven't enjoyed. There's so many ways to play with each class that it's hard to ever get bored. This game is the only reason I'm going to regret living on my own xD It's gonna be months til I get a tv and some internets so I can whip this bad boy out :nono:

Ah right I unlocked that special recently, kind of annoying it has a damage trade off but I guess that's sensible.

And Emasher, I would usually agree, but every SMG is still very accurate at long range, including the PP2000. It's the perfect attacking weapon because it just rips through people so easily.

And I thought the vehicle unlocks were a bit quick. I got the Battlefield expert trophy this way almost too fast. I think they should allow for 2 vehicle perks in all honesty.

Ah right I unlocked that special recently, kind of annoying it has a damage trade off but I guess that's sensible.

And Emasher, I would usually agree, but every SMG is still very accurate at long range, including the PP2000. It's the perfect attacking weapon because it just rips through people so easily.

And I thought the vehicle unlocks were a bit quick. I got the Battlefield expert trophy this way almost too fast. I think they should allow for 2 vehicle perks in all honesty.

You can technically, every seperate vehicle perk of the passengers stacks, so if one has alt fire, one has armor and one has warheads then the tank gets it all.

Ah I didn't think it worked like that. Could make for an awesome squad deathmatch tactic.

Just got 5 hand grenades with one half-blind throw. Insane!

Edited by dwarf