NEurope
Choze

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Ostensibly it's very similar to the original Bad Company, but the things that have changed make such a dramatic difference.

The actual gunplay feels better — a mix of better handling and proper ADS for each weapon — and enemies no longer take an entire clip to the chest. The destructibility is more granular and interesting. Pretty much everything you do is rewarded with XP, greatly encouraging teamwork. There's more to unlock and greater diversity within each class. The netcode is better. Pistols are incredibly useful and the knife attack is really satisfying.

If you got any enjoyment out of BFBC or 1943, this is that but better in pretty much every conceivable way.

If it handles different I'm definitely interested. The first Bad Company just felt wrong somehow, like you were playing with toy soldiers rather than real ones (or something like that).

Hmm... but to get it on 360 or PC? Looks like the PC community is going mad for it!

I know what you mean about the first BC, also it was too 'floaty'; wayyy to much gun sway haha.

Just got the game. Installing it now. I'm torn between playing the single player or multiplayer first, as I've only got a half hour until I have to get back to class.

That's a bit odd, especially as both console versions are almost identical.

I don't really understand why IGN commission so many reviews. You get US, UK and Australian variants, and then they further split that by the machines its on. It's amazing they're still in business.

I don't think they've judged there to be console discrepancies, it's probably a communication mix up or something similarly stupid, like IGN.

A single player campaign for Battlefield 1943. They re-used a ton of resources, but its still pretty darn good.

That's just the prologue to the campaign, apparently the new weaponry is noticeable in the next level.

Im nearly as excited for this as I was for MW2, Reviews are also promising, but playing the demo multiplayer you new it would be good.

If we (the great PS3 owners) have the game on - let's say - Friday, would you be up for some gaming? Preferably at nighttime.

Heck to the yes, I'll be popping into town on Friday to get this so I'll be on for a N-E squading fiesta. Out of curiosity, how many PS3ers here are actually getting it?

Hopefully I'll be getting it Friday. If I do I'll prob have some peeps round though so might have to ditch you lot for the time being.

Amazon will be shipping this on Thursday, I think, so it should arrive on Friday at the latest. If not, I'll hate.

Might have a mate at home as well, but he'll probably play, too. So I guess we'll meet online TysOnToast (and hopefully some more).

Edit: My headset will be back in my possession by then. You'll have the honor of listening to a Germany guy speaking rubbish English and cursing the hell out of everyone - if you wish.

Edited by drahkon

I'll be picking the PS3 version up on Friday. I normally order from ShopTo but gonna trade some games in for this.

I'd be up for some games on friday. What time is everyone thinking. I can probably be on from 9:45 PM to late GMT.

That's just the prologue to the campaign, apparently the new weaponry is noticeable in the next level.

I know. I wasn't even saying that part was a bad thing.

I don't think there actually are any new weapons in the game though. Unless you mean new as in modern.

I'd be up for some games on friday. What time is everyone thinking. I can probably be on from 9:45 PM to late GMT.

Hm, I live in a different time zone (GMT +1) so it'll be later here, but I guess can be online from 9:45 PM (GMT) as well.

If you pre-order the EU edition you don't get the 2 bonus maps like you do with the US one do you?

I'd personally like to have every map there is without a fee for them later.

Currently I'm just picking up a copy from Tesco on the day.

I actually live in GMT -6, I just converted the time to GMT.

I thought you did get the code to get the maps in the EU version. In the US version they're actually on the disk, and you just need to type in the code to unlock them. I doubt they would be different like that.

Thing is, in none of the pre-order sites does it say you get access to maps. Just weapon unlocks.

Thing is, in none of the pre-order sites does it say you get access to maps. Just weapon unlocks.

They're not a pre-order incentive, there's a code in the box of every new copy of the game. It's the same as the Cerberus Network programme for Mass Effect 2: if you buy new you get a code to access further content at no extra charge, if you buy the game used/rent it you can purchase a pass for this content.

Ah cool, so if I get it new at Tesco everything will be fine. Phew.

That's quite a good idea to be fair to EA.

Ordered my copy today. Hopefully it comes on Friday, but if not then I'm not too fussed. It's still a lot cheaper than buying in town (£24 instead of £40).

Ordered my copy today. Hopefully it comes on Friday, but if not then I'm not too fussed. It's still a lot cheaper than buying in town (£24 instead of £40).

£24? Is that the PC version?

Where from?

Or are you trading in games to reduce the price?

?????

I'm getting this odd glitch when I connect to the multiplayer now. None of my unlocks (besides the limited edition ones) are present when I connect to a game. I've been able to solve it sometimes by exiting out of the game and re-joining, but that doesn't seem to be working either anymore. I'm guessing this is server side, as the same thing happened with BC1 the weekend before the PS3 beta came out due to them transferring some of the servers to the beta.