NEurope
Choze

Battlefield Bad Company 2

It actually doesn't take long at all to take out a helicopter with the UAV machine gun. Its just hard to hit it when both the UAV and the helicopter are moving. Nice one with the grenade though, how low was it flying?

Looks like the game is going the same route as Mass Effect 2 with its DLC, as in there will be a code with every 'new' copy of the game that gives you access to a tenner's worth of DLC that will be available straight away.

Source - Eurogamer

It actually doesn't take long at all to take out a helicopter with the UAV machine gun. Its just hard to hit it when both the UAV and the helicopter are moving. Nice one with the grenade though, how low was it flying?

Yeah, not sure if you've read my post about the overpowered UAV?

It was just the average height of a chopper, high enough up that you wouldn't be fearing RPG fire.

A short while ago a friend showed me the awesomeness of the AT missile launcher thing. I'd used it a few times before but the thing is ridiculously fun to use.

The great thing about it is the ability to swerve your shots massively, plus the amount of damage it does is insane. You can rack up so many points just blowing up tanks, plus taking choppers down with it is about the coolest thing you can do in an online game.

We ended up just picking off snipers with it from uber-range, and every game now I just spend half of my play time on it.

Which one is the AT? Do you carry it or is it one of the stationary ones?

Yeah, the stationary one. The degree to which you can arc the rockets is spectacular.

Its so easy to snipe someone out of one of those its not even funny.

Anyway, I'm getting a little annoyed with matches where just about everyone else on my team has come straight out of MW2 and has no idea about how the game works, or tactics, or anything like that.

For instance, I was watching a squamate as my respawn timer had a few seconds left. I was a defender, and the timer on an enemy charge was in its final seconds as well. So here's my squad mate, sitting at the charge, I assumed he was disarming it, then he suddenly started shooting it, then got up and walked away before doing anything useful, and my team lost the objective before I could spawn and disarm it.

Another example, I was again playing as a defender, some one on my team had taken the M3 (Light tank), and so rather than using it to help defend the objective, he decided it would be put to better use by driving it towards the objective we had already lost, and shooting down random trees.

Not to mention the countless times when I've died, and a medic on my squad is standing over my corpse, and just walks away without reviving me, or when a charge is set and everyone else on my team runs to the other side of the map, leaving me to disarm it, or when an engineer is using your partially damaged vehicle for cover without fixing it, ect. ect. ect.

I've decided to write a guide on how to play the battlefield multiplayer games. Hopefully most of the people who try to play this game like CoD just downloaded the demo because it was free, and don't buy the final game.

Edited by Emasher

I had that experience once, only it was the final objective and the guy was stood next to it, looking at it, and doing nothing with it. It took me a while to realise, and when I did it was already on the final siren sound. I saw the humor in it though, I hope he did it for the lulz as opposed to actual stupidity. :p.

Anyhow, I cancelled my preorder on this, as much as I've adored the demo. I figure all the items you gain from ordering in advance are unlockables anyway, and I much prefer gaining things from my own efforts then being awarded them at the beginning. It'll still probably be a day one though, and if I still get the unlock code I'll just throw it up here.

I was thinking about pre-ordering, and decided not to for the same reasons. It didn't take very long at all to unlock the stuff in the Beta, and in general, it wasn't that great of equipment compared to the other weapons.

Its so easy to snipe someone out of one of those its not even funny.

Anyway, I'm getting a little annoyed with matches where just about everyone else on my team has come straight out of MW2 and has no idea about how the game works, or tactics, or anything like that.

For instance, I was watching a squamate as my respawn timer had a few seconds left. I was a defender, and the timer on an enemy charge was in its final seconds as well. So here's my squad mate, sitting at the charge, I assumed he was disarming it, then he suddenly started shooting it, then got up and walked away before doing anything useful, and my team lost the objective before I could spawn and disarm it.

Another example, I was again playing as a defender, some one on my team had taken the M3 (Light tank), and so rather than using it to help defend the objective, he decided it would be put to better use by driving it towards the objective we had already lost, and shooting down random trees.

Not to mention the countless times when I've died, and a medic on my squad is standing over my corpse, and just walks away without reviving me, or when a charge is set and everyone else on my team runs to the other side of the map, leaving me to disarm it, or when an engineer is using your partially damaged vehicle for cover without fixing it, ect. ect. ect.

I've decided to write a guide on how to play the battlefield multiplayer games. Hopefully most of the people who try to play this game like CoD just downloaded the demo because it was free, and don't buy the final game.

As a COD enthusiast, I must protest - these people do no do these things as they are COD players, they do them because they're retards - you get people just staring at the bomb as it ticks down in S&D mode in COD all the fucking time.

I may pick up Bad Company 2 over the easter hols (Mass Effect takes priority, I'm afraid), and if I do, if I find myself in the same server as you, I'll take extra care to play as part of a team. Actually, that said, I'll probably do what I did in Bad Company, and just abuse the fact that people forget cover is destructible and ram through walls when people hide from the tank I'm in...

My CoD reference wasn't meant like that. I was more referring to the fact that for the most part, compared to Battlefield, CoD requires very little in terms of tactics, whereas with Battlefield, you need tactics if you hope to win. A lot of people who come from playing CoD (not everyone obviously, just the retards, but you've got to admit, a good portion of the people you end up facing in CoD are retards) don't realize this, and think they can just run around wherever getting kills, and ignoring the objectives, whereas, for the most part, you can still win if you just do that in CoD. Again, I'm not suggesting all CoD players are like this.

Although, I'm guessing you're going to be playing this on the 360, so I doubt I'll end up in the same match.

I wouldn't say it's far more tactical or team-like, it's just a lot of individuals thinking about how to approach the game.

I'm pretty much always a team player, and it pisses me off when I am in a squad full of campers. It means I'm always spawning way behind everything waiting for a vehicle.

Plus I only found out recently that if the main walls of a building are blown up, the building fall crushes the bomb. I only thought buildings collapsed occasionally after the bomb has been blown.

Don't worry too much, it only happens on certain building to keep the match moving. Its impossible to destroy the final 4 buildings that was for example.

Its basically just houses and warehouses that do this. None of the big buildings.

The thing about CoD, is it doesn't really reward tactics like battlefield does, and with no incentive to play tactically, most people don't.

I really want to get this, I might get it on Steam as that doesn't need me to lug my 360 to Uni, and therefore do literally no work...

Gonna trade in Alien vs Predator for this. Looking forward to the single player, not so much the multiplayer.

I never said I didn't like it, I said I'm looking forward to the single player more. Played the beta and the demo, it just seems very ordinary to me, nothing spectacular and something I may try for an hour after beating the campaign or to earn some Trophies.

Counter to that I think it's the best multiplayer console FPS, bar none.

Bit of a shame I'm getting the 360 version, mind. In a rather bizarre reversal of the norm I find the aiming's better on a DualShock; there's more subtlety around the centre of the stick.

I think this will be a big PC hit this year along with SC2. Just need to work on the hit detection a little more, reduce HP by about 20 per cent, and cut down that disgusting amount of screen shake when you take a paggering from a medic.

I never said I didn't like it, I said I'm looking forward to the single player more. Played the beta and the demo, it just seems very ordinary to me, nothing spectacular and something I may try for an hour after beating the campaign or to earn some Trophies.

I see, I just misunderstood your post I guess.

I think this will be a big PC hit this year along with SC2. Just need to work on the hit detection a little more, reduce HP by about 20 per cent, and cut down that disgusting amount of screen shake when you take a paggering from a medic.

I agree with that bar the health thing. I think the amount of health is good.

The vehicle hit detection can be really poor too, plus when the ground shakes a ton from missiles etc really ruins the aim for no gameplay improvement reason whatsoever

Preordered this earlier. Fancy a change from MW2 and the annoying kids who run around stabbing.

Some guy's put direct-feed campaign footage up on YouTube in 10 minute chunks. Here's the first part, although obviously you shouldn't watch it if you want the game to be completely fresh.