NEurope
flameboy

Plants VS Zombies!

Played this over a friend's who got it off pirate bay. Have to say, the game is brilliant. Great animations and the options are awesome.

Unarguably the best tower defence game around.

Pirate Bay? There really is no hope for some people, is there? It's £7. Seven measly pounds. They've had it on sale as low as three quid. :nono:

lol,exactly. Many people claim they illegally download games as a protest to various things such as DRM and over-inflated prices, but things like this prove that's just BS. They're just being cheap and pathetic. This is the reason the PC has fallen so far as a gaming platform.

I got this for my Touch the other day. Brilliant. Shows how behind both Nintendo and Sony are with regards to pricing strategy.

Yes completely agree Daft. I bought some DSiWare last night and god they a rip off if you think about some of the games on the App Store and how cheap they would be.

Pirate Bay? There really is no hope for some people, is there? It's £7. Seven measly pounds. They've had it on sale as low as three quid. :nono:

This guy is pretty poor, so anything he can get for free he does. I'm not condoning it but it's his life and I can see why he would. £7 more he can spend on other things I guess.

It is more than worth the £7 though.

Well, this has been released on XBLA. Anybody got it yet? What's the multiplayer like?

Can't imagine it would be any good using a joypad as it feels so intuitive with touch controls and it'd probably feel like a step backwards.

Has it?! Well I'm feeling sorry for myself and unable to do anything today, so I guess I'll be getting this and (re)finishing it! Woooo

Tried the demo, it does work with the analogue stick but... it's not the same as a mouse or touch-interface (which it's amazing on). The co-op was pants. Maybe it gets better later but being able to randomly stop any zombie with just the press of the 'x' button is game breaking! It's impossible to lose.

Also noticed you can suck sun in using LT or RT, making it even easier.

I don't know, maybe it's because I've already completed it more than once on two different platforms, but I don't think the Xbox is its shining hour. They should've made PvZ 2 instead!

One thing that looks great though is the HD visuals. The PC version has a set resolution so this is the sharpest I've ever seen PvZ :) very shiny.

hmmm well it will make it to PS3 at some point...not sure whether I will end up getting it. Think the ipod version would be much better to own as a second version of the game.

Definitely get the iPod version. I can't imagine playing this with a joypad. I have it on iPhone and on iPad, and both are great, but the iPad version is amazing thanks to the bigger screen. iPhone version is still excellent though. And you can take it wherever you go.

iPod version lacks the green house though, which damages replayability.

Still good though.