NEurope

Did you not fight Meta Tingle?

I don't know about Captain Falcon, but I remember batting the fool to another planet. Lot's o' water on that planet, with some islands scattered around the place. Let's hope he's dead, so that he won't be bothering, say, a dude in green clothes.:laughing:

Metroid Prime looks a hell of a lot nicer on the Wii version, still don't see how that footage is 720p though, the Wii doesn't output in that resolution.

Metroid Prime looks a hell of a lot nicer on the Wii version, still don't see how that footage is 720p though, the Wii doesn't output in that resolution.

Hmm, that could pose a problem. Is it gameplay footage by any chance, can't watch it in work.

Yeh, I'm guessing IGN have just rendered the videos in 720p. Seems a strange thing to do really considering it can't output in that resolution.

Uh, it's the video that is in 720p, not the actual game play. Read the YouTube description.

Fair enough, just seemed like an odd thing to do, anyway, good to see Metroid looking well... in its Prime. :heh:

Fair enough, just seemed like an odd thing to do, anyway, good to see Metroid looking well... in its Prime. :heh:

Promise me you'll never do that again.

European release is 4th September according to gamefront.de.

Wasn't that confirmed a month ago?

Ah, yeah it was but I forgot and then thought it was due on the 12th for some reason. Gamefront were slow on that piece of news.

Promise me you'll never do that again.

*promises* as Samus is my witness I shan't make light of the word 'Prime' in comical fashion again. :)for a while anyway

Good to have the release date, September is a pri... particularly good time to release it. ^^'

For whatever reasons, the title screen of the Wiiであそぶ METROID PRIME was changed by either Nintendo or RETRO STUDIOS. I compiled both versions into one video to show the differences between the two revisions. The top left corner is the original NGC video, the bottom right one the new Wii title screen.

While the core idea stayed the same, new camera angles and fonts are used. The NGC introduction is a bit shorter, more subtle and does not immediately reveal what the player is looking at. The most drastic change is the title screen itself, the new camera angle is uninspired and bland compared to the old one, which was far more memorable and iconic. The copyright notice was also changed from 2003 (the original Japanese release year) to 2009. The menu uses almost the same camera angle, but no sepia for the Metroid cells anymore. The hard-encoded border in the video is also gone, as the Wii menu is just an overlay.

Why are they showing both of the title screens without the menu text? not exactly a direct comparison if it's been tampered with, I bet it's really not that bad in actuality, so they remixed the title screen a bit *shrugs* as long as the main game is still intact it's all good and as I say that footage looks tampered with to me so it's not a true comparison, just a fan going overboard...

If those are the new camera angles though then yes the original intro looked better but live with it damnit! the rest of us have to... >.> so long as the music changes when I press the start button to the more epic part of the theme then I'm honestly not that bothered.

So they've sort of remastered the look of the game too? This is what nobody has talked about, and personally I'm looking forward to seeing this in a new light and playing with pointer controls. I need this!

Prime 1 music is just unbeatable.

Well, it looks like they're just trying to close the presentational gap between the 'Cube games and MP3 on the Wii. Thus the new intro, and so forth.

I doubt the bloom lighting is really going to completely change the graphics that much.

I went on youtube and just listened the the Metroid Prime music playlist, it's tear-inducingly good. Brings back many memories, hopefully the title thing is the only thing they changed, will really annoy me if they did more damage.

Yeah from this video it does look like they are changing a few things throughout, certain camera angles/close-ups etc... and in this video, I have no idea why, but they've also changed the number of asteroids and when they appear etc...

And I guess such changes will apply throughout.

That's dumb, I don't mind if they had bloom or whatever but changing stuff is not on.

but changing stuff is not on.
Why?... it's not as though it effects gameplay or the experience.

Well stuff in game, like music and stuff. I'd like it to be almost enitirely the same, because then there's more things to remember and go 'aahh remember that?'

Ok it doesn't sound like it will change that much but I hope they won't tamper too much.

Yeah from this video it does look like they are changing a few things throughout, certain camera angles/close-ups etc... and in this video, I have no idea why, but they've also changed the number of asteroids and when they appear etc...

And I guess such changes will apply throughout.

It seems to me that some of these scenes are pre-rendered (like the title screen), and they literally have to crop some off to make it widescreen. There's just nothing extra to show at the sides.

As for the cut scenes, well, you'd think they were real-time, but them being pre-rendered is the only reason I can think of for cropping them.