NEurope

I don't think Nintendo has ever released a special edition though. The closest I can think of are those gold coloured Zelda carts.

It really doesn't fit with the company, I'm sure Miyamoto doesn't want to use toys and other things to make people want to buy games, he would want them to buy it because they want the game, rather than having the special edition.

I don't think Nintendo has ever released a special edition though. The closest I can think of are those gold coloured Zelda carts.

It really doesn't fit with the company, I'm sure Miyamoto doesn't want to use toys and other things to make people want to buy games, he would want them to buy it because they want the game, rather than having the special edition.

col-zelda.jpeg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_Collector%27s_Edition

d57db2b66d70c8cce3bfa835420b2ddd-Super_Mario_All_Stars.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_All-Stars

Edited by ...

Thats not quite what I'm talking about. Zelda Collectors edition was just a pack in with the GCN at one point. I'm talking about retail games that are specially packaged with extra things in them like posters and bobble heads. Collectors edition was never available at retail.

Edit: Still not what I'm talking about. All Stars would be more like Metroid prime trilogy is now.

Seriously.

Can anyone ever remember buying a Nintendo game on day one and getting a bunch of extra stuff packaged with it for a little more money?

Edited by Emasher

Wind Waker had a special edition with the OoT/MQ bonus disk.

Wind Waker had a special edition with the OoT/MQ bonus disk.

After a bit of research, that was sold slightly differently in Europe, so I guess it would qualify as what I'm trying to describe over there.

My point is. On Wii launch day, you couldn't walk into a store and buy Twilight Princess in a special box with a little link statue and a poster with it. That sort of thing, just doesn't seem like something Nintendo would to to try and get more people to buy the game.

^ So are Japan getting this as three seperate games then?

They're not re-releasing Corruption as far as I know, but they have already released Prime and Echoes under the New Play Control banner. I think those are flippable covers.

^ So are Japan getting this as three seperate games then?

Eh yeah! New Play Control! Metroid Prime (Jan 09) and New Play Control! Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. (Oct 09).

Were the only ones that are getting NPC MP and MP2 together with MP3 as a trilogoy boxset.

Edited by Dante

I think all the three core Prime games have better boxart than ours.

I think Fusion is a lot better too - it uses the picture seen in the manual as the page background which is more detailed and features a better picture of Samus.

The Zero Mission one is pretty cool and is on par with ours.

The only one I say we'd win on is Prime: Hunters.

My opinion: PAL box on original is better than Japan one, Echoes better in Japan version and both Corruption boxes are pretty poor.

Pal copy of Hunters also much better.

OWNED?

metroid-prime-trilogy-20090624011831524_640w.jpg

metroid-prime-trilogy-20090624011828555_640w.jpg

Nintendo of America has released the official box art -- both front and back -- for the forthcoming Metroid Prime Trilogy compilation set. The package includes Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for $49.99. Better yet, the first two games in the series have been enhanced with Wii remote controls and new 16:9 widescreen modes. All three games are available on a single disc, which means that this could be the greatest content ever put to a DVD in the history of mankind. We are fanboys and we don't care.Not only is Trilogy packaged in a special metal tin, but it's also wrapped in a loving cover for protection. The collector's edition additionally comes with an art booklet.

The set ships on August 24, which should be a new national holiday.

Edited by Dante

Damn that tin's got a sweet backside!

Question, how are discs held in tin boxes? Is there just a CD holder stuck to the inside, or will it be in a cardboard sleeve etc...

Edited by Retro_Link

ok heres a complaint. the orange bit at the front is still ugly..:D.

what are they going for the orange box look or something?

but otherwise cool.. when is it going to be confirmed for here or has it?

think it's out in September here. Can't remember the date but that's what I heard. Don't know if it's official or not but it sounded it.

That tin is looking ace. Think I'll be getting that.

Damn that tin's got a sweet backside!

Question, how are discs held in tin boxes? Is there just a CD holder stuck to the inside, or will it be in a cardboard sleeve etc...

Plastic CD holder like this:

bioshockcollectorsediti.jpg

Can't wait for someone to complain about it.

Just for you.

Fuck tins, they hinder DVD case holders.

Just for you.

Fuck tins, they hinder DVD case holders.

But but... eeeeets sooooo shiiiiiny... ;_; [/Magpie]

I share EEVIL's view on this, but at the rate they keep releasing games with special slip-cases, I'm going to need to buy a new rack to hold these games anyway. :heh: