NEurope

but hey what about the multiplayer is metroid prime 2? that with prime 3 controls would be awesome.. the main problem with it was that nobody knew how to control the fucking thing on gamecube that you played?

more levels would be awesome :)

this is actually an awesome annoucement and it WASNT expected.. nobody saw this coming.

The multiplayer from MP2 is in it too, with Wiimote controls. Plus, it can be accessed from the main MP Trilogy Menu, instead of having to go into MP2 first. Also, there's no added online multiplayer, only local. :cry:

hopefully all 3 games will have seperate save files, so that i can use my mp3: corruption save file from 2 years ago with the trilogy.

Echoes mp doesn't have bots? Well that's lame :(

Still going to pick this up though, think I'm one of the few who haven't played any of the Prime series.

Don't even bother playing Echoes multiplayer - lock on kills it and you end up circling around each other and jumping upside down. Plus it spoils the weapons you unlock in the game.

Did anyone find it slightly annoying that in all Prime games the missiles didn't seem that powerful? It's fun collecting the expansions but most of the times enemies barely flinch if you hit them with one and I think they could limited the amount and made them slightly more satisfying to use.

Beam-Missile combos were great if a bit underused though, shame they removed them in Corruption.

Echoes mp doesn't have bots? Well that's lame :(

Still going to pick this up though, think I'm one of the few who haven't played any of the Prime series.

In a way I'm extremely envious of you Noku... you get to play Metroid Prime for the first time! That, I'd love to be able to do again!

It probably won't be as special now though because I remember buying it on impulse, had never heard of it back then. Noku has probably seen trailer(?) and it's not exactly a new release. Still, I understand that it will still be awesome playing it for the first time for him anyway!

I'm also ashamed to admit that I've only played the first hour or so of Prime 1 and I've never played Prime 2. Got a feeling this is going to be very much a "buy" for me! Awesome news and value.

Wasn't the lock-on in mp removed from this re-release?

And yeah, saw all the trailers, it's not like I've been living in a cardboard box for the past decade or so (it's not true I tell you!).

Hyping for this quite a bit actually, the three of them in one near-seamless experience shall present me with a gaming-a-thon the likes of which my girlfriend has never witnessed, I hope :)

So no bots then?

Wasn't the lock-on in mp removed from this re-release?

And yeah, saw all the trailers, it's not like I've been living in a cardboard box for the past decade or so (it's not true I tell you!).

Hyping for this quite a bit actually, the three of them in one near-seamless experience shall present me with a gaming-a-thon the likes of which my girlfriend has never witnessed, I hope :)

So no bots then?

lol your really missing the point if your complaining about bots..:) no there isn't but but the multiplayer in metroid 2 was a fun extra nothing serious.. it's ALL in the one player in prime games(bar hunters but fuck that)

^ Well yeah but Hunters was an online game and was good. Even if it wasn't really a Metroid in many ways.

Won't buy this. I have played the first to death and finish the other ones a few times too.

^ Well yeah but Hunters was an online game and the multiplayer was good. Even if it wasn't a Metroid at all.

Fixed.

^ Well yeah but Hunters was an online game and was good. Even if it wasn't really a Metroid in many ways.

Unfixed. The online was good and I meant that it wasn't Metroid other than Samus' inclusion and familiar locales.

In a way I'm extremely envious of you Noku... you get to play Metroid Prime for the first time! That, I'd love to be able to do again!

Even better than that, he gets to play Metroid Prime for the first time and WITH Wii controls!!

Even better than that, he gets to play Metroid Prime for the first time and WITH Wii controls!!

The forum can always try to incur major head trauma by ways of relentless hammersmashing of the cranium? :bouncy:

I'd say that'd about just achieve the same effect ;)

First Videos...

Video's look like poor quality ones to me, at least I hope it's the videos!

Don't see any signs of the added bloom lighting and such, but still...

First Videos...

Video's look like poor quality ones to me, at least I hope it's the videos!

You know what's better than loving a video game? Loving it + nostalgia.

Well since I already own the trilogy separately not bought in getting this, but I like how it allows people who only started with the wii to ge the prime series back story. Hopefully from here Retro get to go onto bigger and better things. I think perhaps being stuck always doing metroid stuff might be why those few key people broke away from the studio.

Doesn't surprise me that it is all on one disc. Its just a cost and packaging saving measure, plus it allows them to implement features across all three games. Also it makes sense for the trilogy to be on one dual layer dvd than 3 x 4GB ones.

If you were able to play all 3 with the fusion suit my arm might be twisted. Speaking of that will this game be featuring any of the hidden treasures from before meaning than the inclusion of metroid 1 would make this 4 games in one?

Bloom lighting or not, these GameCube ports still look like they're going to be among the best looking Wii games, graphically..

Those IGN videos are taken from the Japanese NPC versions back in Feb (they've just 'bumped' them to celebrate the news).

If you were able to play all 3 with the fusion suit my arm might be twisted. Speaking of that will this game be featuring any of the hidden treasures from before meaning than the inclusion of metroid 1 would make this 4 games in one?

I wouldn't mind hearing some info on these things too. Fusion suit ftw! :hehe:

I wouldn't mind hearing some info on these things too. Fusion suit ftw! :hehe:

I forget where it was, but I read somewhere that the Fusion Suit is limited to the first Prime game and that you can't unlock the original Metroid... unless that was just speculation on behalf of that particular site.