NEurope

The collector's edition additionally comes with an art booklet. [/b]

... shit... Even if I already have the three and finished several time each, I'm now tempted to get this... I'm weak.:sad:

... shit... Even if I already have the three and finished several time each, I'm now tempted to get this... I'm weak.:sad:

But going back to the first two after using the Wiimote is a bit of a jarring experience.

So I say go for it.

And as for the box, it's about time Nintendo gave one of it's most revered franchises a bit of the special treatment.

OWNED?

metroid-prime-trilogy-20090624011831524_640w.jpg

metroid-prime-trilogy-20090624011828555_640w.jpg

Nintendo of America has released the official box art -- both front and back -- for the forthcoming Metroid Prime Trilogy compilation set. The package includes Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for $49.99. Better yet, the first two games in the series have been enhanced with Wii remote controls and new 16:9 widescreen modes. All three games are available on a single disc, which means that this could be the greatest content ever put to a DVD in the history of mankind. We are fanboys and we don't care.Not only is Trilogy packaged in a special metal tin, but it's also wrapped in a loving cover for protection. The collector's edition additionally comes with an art booklet.

The set ships on August 24, which should be a new national holiday.

I take back everything I have said before... SWEET!!! Defo for the preorder!

Shiiiiit mahn, I'm going to have to find a good ol' second hand Wii for this puppy and The Conduit.

well im glad that this thread isnt spammed by the ps3 fanboy like the news article was.....probably gonna get this as im a sucker for boxsets and cant wait to play Prime 1 again.

well im glad that this thread isnt spammed by the ps3 fanboy like the news article was.....probably gonna get this as im a sucker for boxsets and cant wait to play Prime 1 again.

Actually, that thread was a good laugh. I'm surprised the kid didn't get banned from the comments yet though.

I'm still not sure about this. I have prime and prime 3, but not prime 2. I have finished prime 3, but not prime 1. I might wait until the price comes down a bit just because I have 2 of the games. I know its probably worth at least $100 though.

Edited by Emasher

Actually, that thread was a good laugh. I'm surprised the kid didn't get banned from the comments yet though.

I'm still not sure about this. I have prime and prime 3, but not prime 2. I have finished prime 3, but not prime 1. I might wait until the price comes down a bit just because I have 2 of the games. I know its probably worth at least $100 though.

Come on mate!!! This is a day one release... look at how shiny and super and lovely it is! All in its special tin.... mmmmm

Nintndo has finally got something right!

haha don't you just love when people say.. i'd prefer if prime 3 wasn't in it...

what you'd rather one less game like?. christ people are idiots.

haha don't you just love when people say.. i'd prefer if prime 3 wasn't in it...

what you'd rather one less game like?. christ people are idiots.

Yeah, it's all on the same disc so it might as well be on there, the only thing I wish they would change about Prime 3 though is if they could make the rewards obtainable by not using the Wii-connect 24 trade feature :/ there were quite a few cool extras that could only be got that way and due to that you could only get them if you knew enough people who wanted to trade.

With that said, this collection will surely mean that more people will own Prime 3 which may help but I'd prefer it if say they either did away with that one particular token or had it so you could obtain some of them by playing through Prime 1 and 2.

Okay; I'm going to sell Prime 3 ready for this. Has it been confirmed that you can use your old save file with this?

Though the last thing I need is more games to play; it'll be nice to add Prime 1 + 2 to the 'to play' list!

I doubt you'll be able to use your old save. TBH, I would be more interested if you could use your GCN saves for the first games, as I wasn't through the first one all the way, although, with the new controls it probably isn't going to even feel like a chore to go through it again.

Pretty sure the t-shirt is Gamestop only. Hopefully GAME will offer a t-shirt as well. Artbook is a bit disappointing, I thought it would have no art than that, it's not even a book.

Those are some nice bonuses, the collection on its own is worth it so anything else free for pre-ordering is good :) tbh though I would have preferred a metal keyring featuring the Metroid morph-ball type logo.

metroid_logo_keychain-p146240805017340449td8i_210.jpg

Like that basically except all metal.

Those are some goddamn sweet preorder goodies. I hope we'll get something like that, but it's probably false hope.

Those pre-order bonuses, and the design for the Trilogy boxart look all so very sweet. This is what Prime deserves. :)

Those are some nice bonuses, the collection on its own is worth it so anything else free for pre-ordering is good :) tbh though I would have preferred a metal keyring featuring the Metroid morph-ball type logo.

metroid_logo_keychain-p146240805017340449td8i_210.jpg

Like that basically except all metal.

thats cooler than any of the pre-order stuff above

wow... is this metroid... getting justice ?:)

Hopefully we'll get something nice too.

thats cooler than any of the pre-order stuff above
Yeah, the T-shirt would never get worn [not a very good design], the art work is very limited and just stuff you can unlock in the game anyway, and the posters a bit lame really.

Still, freebies are freebies!

Is that an evil Tingle in the bottom left of the poster?

Is that an evil Tingle in the bottom left of the poster?

Is that a joke I've quoted?