NEurope

hwd5xz.jpg

THREE INCREDIBLE GAMES JUST GOT MORE AWESOME: METROID PRIME TRILOGY HEADS TO WII

All Three Critically Acclaimed Games Now Feature Motion Controls with Enhanced Presentation and In-Game Rewards

REDMOND, Wash., May 22, 2009 - Metroid™ Prime 3: Corruption set a new standard for first-person motion controls in video games. Now it's bringing those controls to the rest of the celebrated series, allowing players to experience the entire Metroid Prime story arc with the peerless precision of the Wii Remote™. Nintendo announces Metroid Prime Trilogy, a new premium three-game collection for the Wii™ console that bundles all three landmark Metroid Prime games onto one disc and revamps the first two installments with intuitive motion controls, wide-screen presentation and other enhancements. Metroid Prime Trilogy will be available exclusively for Wii on Aug. 24 at a suggested retail price of $49.99.

Each game maintains its original storyline and settings, but now Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes let players use their Wii Remote to aim with precision as heroine Samus Aran. Based on the breakthrough control system that debuted in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, these new Wii controls bring an entirely new level of immersion and freedom to these milestone games.

"Metroid Prime Trilogy puts the best first-person adventures all in one place, with a host of new additions that make these three timeless titles more engaging than ever," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "A great deal of care and detail has gone into Metroid Prime Trilogy, providing longtime fans with new ways to experience the games they love."

All three games now reside on a single disc. Players can access the game they want from a unified main menu that ties together all three adventures. Through a new unlockables system, players can gain access to in-game rewards such as music and artwork by accomplishing objectives across all three games.

Metroid Prime Trilogy was developed by Retro Studios and Nintendo, the same developers that created the original games for the Nintendo GameCube™ and Wii systems.

Remember that Wii features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other Wii features, visit Wii.com.

For more information about Metroid Prime Trilogy, visit http://www.Metroid.com.

If this comes to Europe... Day 1.

Edited by Meo
Added logo

If this is instead of releasing the NPC games, then this would be the best purchase one could make all year.

If this is instead of releasing the NPC games, then this would be the best purchase once could make all year.

Yup, three games, one disc.:D

i hope the first metroid prime wiimake comes out on its own still...

But that would be pointless. They'd be rehashing the same game twice. And that would just open up the road to more of your chronic moaning.

Well... sounds stupid... but despite completing metroid 1 + 2 several times and already owning 3... I could be tempted to get this...

Details from Kotaku:

The Multiplayer: The multiplayer from Echoes is back and immediately accessible from the hub with no gameplay prerequisites. It's a little sad that it's local-only four-way-split-screen, but there is something to be said for having four people flailing around with Wii Remotes trying to shoot each other or drop bombs and bounce to safety while in ball form. Also, you can totally screen-watch to see who just picked up invincibility and thereby avoid making a tactical error in attacking them.

Myriad Tweaks: Trilogy supports 16:9 widescreen. They've added bloom lighting to all three games. Doors open faster. Loading times are faster. Samus can now do that ball-form jump where she drops a bomb and – with a well-timed Wii Remote flick – get extra air when it goes off in all three games. It might not seem like any one of these things really matters, but altogether, the tweaks go a long way toward making the games feel good and play well.

Hah, alot of us seen this happening. This sounds greedy but I want WM+ in it :heh:

And on one disc? Interesting...

Hah, alot of us seen this happening. This sounds greedy but I want WM+ in it :heh:

Not greedy at all! Any improvement, even just for opening doors, would be worth it.

And on one disc? Interesting...

Yeah, that's what I thought. At a guess, Metroid Prime 3 must have used about 50% of the disc.

I've got Metroid Prime 3, but I'm very tempted to get this. Does anyone know yet whether they've stacked the beams in MP1 and MP2?

Damn, they can't do this to me! Feels wrong buying 3 games I already have, but it also seems so right!

Now this is AWESOME news, just a shame the multiplayer is only local. But still, awesome news. Day 1 purchase for me!

Yeah, I have all 3 games....what to do!!! Sell Metroid prime 3 and buy this? Sell all three and buy this? Or think I've played them all, not that bothered about playing them again and save my money....

I think we all know the answer!

Did Metroid Prime 3 not already have bloom lighting?

Yes, but Prime 1 and 2 didn't.

Yeah, I have all 3 games....what to do!!! Sell Metroid prime 3 and buy this? Sell all three and buy this? Or think I've played them all, not that bothered about playing them again and save my money....

Sell them all and...

... nothing. Just sell them all. :heh:

Keep all three of them.

Buy this one too.

I would get this, but I hate the save system in the series. Is a great idea though

Sold!

Although I would have preferred them on separate disks :P

Too bad Retro didn't invest the time to make the MP2 multiplayer online :(

Considering I don't have MP2 or MP3, I'll probably buy this atless MP3 will drop in price by that time (highly unlikely, it's a Wii game).

For some reason I always feel compelled to inflict this opinion in Prime related threads:

The first was the best without a shadow of a doubt. (Corruption coming in last)

Sell them all and...

... nothing. Just sell them all. :heh:

>.> they are quality games though... I know you disliked MP from the moment the artifact backtracking started and even I'll admit, that point drove me mad trying to find them all on my first file :/ but... there is also so much to love about the series, each to their own though of course. : peace:

Actually I'm in two-minds about this because I have played the original lots - 100% on Hard mode etc - the second one twice :o and the third once... and while I would like to play through them again I just don't know if I would or not.

Well yes I would... because having motion control in the previous two games is an excellent improvement just that I can't help but think of all the other games I could be playing in the time it would take me to replay the trilogy, this is still awesome news though. :)

I'd definitely be tempted to get this - it's definitely a wise move on Nintendo's part to release all three together. I assume that, given the August date for America, it'll be out around October or November here.

Too bad Retro didn't invest the time to make the MP2 multiplayer online :(

Considering I don't have MP2 or MP3, I'll probably buy this atless MP3 will drop in price by that time (highly unlikely, it's a Wii game).

You should seriously consider importing Wii games from the UK. I'm so proud of how cheap some titles get here :P

Probably sell Prime 3 and get this :)

Darksnowman, you must be downs for not liking this game!! I think in fact that's how they diagnose it....