NEurope

Nintendo was horribly bullish during the Wii era - well, it still is today, but when you consider the Wii had GameCube controller ports and yet GameCube-port games like Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime Trilogy (and presumably Pikmin etc) didn't give you the option for GameCube controls, the ramifications are now being felt.

First of all, I can complain as much as I want and you don't need to tell me to stop.

Second of all, you may think Wiimote controls are superior...I don't. I've come to hate the Wiimote + Nunchuck controls in any kind of game. I much rather prefer a 'traditional' controller, mostly because it's the kind of controller I've grown up with and thus feels better to me.

So, I guess your answer to my question is "no, the gamecube controller adapter does not work"?

No. It doesn't work. The Wii games being sold on the eShop channel are exactly the same as the retail versions. The only enhancement they've added is that games that originally worked with the Wii Classic Controller will work with the gamepad and 'pro' controller, but Metroid Prime Trilogy is not one of those games.

Well, Metroid Prime is amazing, so it'll be acceptable playing it with Wiimote+Nunchuck shenanigans.

I'll just ask here: There's no way to make a Miiverse post with Wii games? Figured I'd try out the function with the game that got me into console shooters, but alas...it doesn't seem to work. Or maybe I'm too stupid to find it.

Well, Metroid Prime is amazing, so it'll be acceptable playing it with Wiimote+Nunchuck shenanigans.

I'll just ask here: There's no way to make a Miiverse post with Wii games? Figured I'd try out the function with the game that got me into console shooters, but alas...it doesn't seem to work. Or maybe I'm too stupid to find it.

Nah. Sadly Miiverse doesn't work with Wii games, downloadable or otherwise.

Bought and downloaded. Was going to get around to buying them singularly at some point and this saves me a lot of money.

Damn, I really want to get this but I just know that I won't get around to actually play them as I've already completed all three games. But it's just too good a deal to pass...

Nah. Sadly Miiverse doesn't work with Wii games, downloadable or otherwise.

What they could do is set up a MPT community on Miiverse but it would be nowhere near the same without direct access. You'd have to shut the game to access it and there'd be no screenshot image function. Thinking about it, it'd be pointless. I wonder if there's a way around it?

Played some Prime last night and JESUS, game gives me crazy motion sickness. I remember getting some on the Cube version, but nothing like last night... Anyone else experience this?

Played some Prime last night and JESUS, game gives me crazy motion sickness. I remember getting some on the Cube version, but nothing like last night... Anyone else experience this?

No but my wrist is killing me! I had to stop after 45 minutes or so :(

I never had this problem when I played Corruption for the first time.

Tried playing this last night and couldn't get into due to the motion controls. I finished the first 2 on the GameCube but never finished the 3rd because of the control scheme. I figured I would give these a shot, hoping that I would be able to get to grips with them, but sadly it wasn't to be.

To be fair, I was having an off day in general when it came to gaming, so I may have another crack at it at some point but for the moment it can sit and wait.

What they could do is set up a MPT community on Miiverse but it would be nowhere near the same without direct access. You'd have to shut the game to access it and there'd be no screenshot image function. Thinking about it, it'd be pointless. I wonder if there's a way around it?

I'd like to see them do that for the downloadable Wii games anyway. Would be nice to have a place to talk about them, even without screenshots (besides, it's not like there aren't already certain games that block screenshots anyway :p )

Have you tried turning the sensitivity down?

I've heard that helps.

As for @Hero\-of\-Time, have you tried turning the sensitivity up? You move your wrist less when you do that, but not recommended if you do suffer from motion sickness.

Also, I believe it's off by default, but that option for Lock-on free aim is not really necessary for the first 2 games. So maybe check that?

It's a shame that some people are struggling to get to grips with it. Because I still maintain that the Wiimote is the best controller for Prime.

I'd like to see them do that for the downloadable Wii games anyway. Would be nice to have a place to talk about them, even without screenshots (besides, it's not like there aren't already certain games that block screenshots anyway :p )

We're looking at yoouuuu, Game Freak!

I just started Metroid Prime and the controls are absolutely fantastic. I loved the whole trilogy and the biggest improvement is that 1 and 2 now support widescreen! Sure the controls were tight on GC too but now you can move and look up and down too! Unbelievable innovation!

MP3 and RE4 are the only Wii games I ever liked.

I got this on the Cube version of the original. Whilst I don't know the technical details of the Wii release, is there any chance you're playing it at 50Hz and could change it to 60Hz? I seem to recall I did that with the original and didn't get motion sickness again (or with the 60Hz-only sequel).

I don't know why people want classic controller function. Wii remote controls are the best. I haven't played a dual analogue controlled shooter since my first experience with the Wii remote and never want to again ever.

I don't know why people want classic controller function. Wii remote controls are the best. I haven't played a dual analogue controlled shooter since my first experience with the Wii remote and never want to again ever.

I've moved apartment since the days of the Wii and it's a nightmare getting the Wii sensor bar position correct to play motion control games. I basically need to move my couch half way across the room.

Edited by Rob3008

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 didn't have dual analog controls. The c-stick controlled switching to either a different visor or beam (I can't remember which, the other was on the d-pad), and the left analog stick was used to turn or move forward or backwards, or control the camera if you held down a certain trigger to enter free aim mode, but you couldn't move while in this mode. Compared to dual analog controls, it was very unintuitive, and made the original versions of the prime games difficult to control in my opinion. Lock-on was absolutely necessary as opposed to just being convenient when using the Wii remote controls. That said, I'd much rather have keyboard and mouse controls than dual analog. The Wii remote's camera doesn't even come close to my Logitech G502 as far as precision is concerned. This would be a bigger issue if the games were rendered at a higher resolution though.

Precious hours spent carefully filling up the logbook before learning the ice shriekbats bugger off after you've found the thermal visor

ibwlYLXX6jkI0i.gif

EDIT: I'm reading further into this, and it shouldn't be a glitch at all. It was only a reported phenomenon in the NA version of Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii, and said to be not an issue in all other versions. So presumably we have the NA version of Trilogy on the eShop?

I know that nobody cares about this but me. Still, y u do dis Iwata

Edited by D_prOdigy

Precious hours spent carefully filling up the logbook before learning the ice shriekbats bugger off after you've found the thermal visor

I'm reading further into this, and it shouldn't be a glitch at all. It was only a reported phenomenon in the NA version of Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii, and said to be not an issue in all other versions. So presumably we have the NA version of Trilogy on the eShop?

I know that nobody cares about this but me. Still, y u do dis Iwata

It shouldn't be the NA version as I downloaded a European save file from GameFAQ's with the friend vouchers on but 0% progress which seems to work? Unless the game has been altered in some way...

Caved and bought it yesterday. I'm surprised that the eShop wouldn't allow me to buy it before I had enough space free on my Wii U for the download. I would have thought that it just said "Download later" or something. Oh well, deleted some of the games that I won't be playing again and freed up enough space. It'll be interesting when I actually get around to playing this but perhaps I fancy some Metroid Prime in the weekend. I might... :)