NEurope

Metroid Prime is brilliant for so many reasons. Super Metroid levels of good.

Metroid Prime 2 should not be measured on the same scale, though. It's a pleasant game with plenty of great set pieces (really cool bosses, there), but the way the world is built... it's just not Metroid enough. Feels way too linear.

I did greatly enjoy the Dark/Light mechanic, though. Lack of ammunition was never a problem, and the dark worlds were incredibly effective. Plus, the lore/plot was actually pretty cool.

Metroid Prime 3 was just a big disappointment. Level design was even more linear, the set pieces felt phoned in... Music was good, plot/lore was decent, but that's it. I know a lot of effort was made into the motion controls (which work pretty well), but those aren't enough to save the game.

Metroid Prime 2 should not be measured on the same scale, though. It's a pleasant game with plenty of great set pieces (really cool bosses, there), but the way the world is built... it's just not Metroid enough. Feels way too linear.

I did greatly enjoy the Dark/Light mechanic, though. Lack of ammunition was never a problem, and the dark worlds were incredibly effective. Plus, the lore/plot was actually pretty cool.

Metroid Prime 3 was just a big disappointment. Level design was even more linear, the set pieces felt phoned in... Music was good, plot/lore was decent, but that's it. I know a lot of effort was made into the motion controls (which work pretty well), but those aren't enough to save the game.

The third is a great game however I had several problems with it:

- The graphics were amazing, but the colour palette was very similar on each world - too much orange!

- The fact that you explored different worlds seemed like a great idea and I loved how each was very different, however they were obviously all a lot smaller than the usual Metroid world and not interlinked like the 'areas' they replaced in previous games.

- I wasn't really taken by the NPCs, I preferred the feeling of being alone that was present in previous games.

However it was still a great game, it looked amazing and the controls were spot on.

I do think the biggest draw back of Prime 2 and 3 were that they were both living in the shadow of the first which is probably the greatest 3D adventure game ever made. It was just so perfect it was impossible to release a follow up that could have matched it.

Fair play if you do dude, I always have the mindset that I'm going to play and complete game A, then B, Then C...

but often it goes like:

Finish Skywards Sword

No Wait... start Dishonored

Start Read dead again

Oh wow forgot Skyward Sword

Hey Cool Luigis Mansion 2 is cool

Why's Dishonored in my 360..Make way for WWE

Oh I think i'll play MGS 2 on PS2 again

Maybe I should get back to Skyward Sword?

Maybe I'll start RDR again, oh wait I did start it again 2 weeks ago.

Near enough exactly how i do games, i keep swapping between consoles before i've even completed the game i've started. As it stands at the moment, i've got 3 Xbox 360 games to beat and 4 Wii-U games. And i regret selling Dishonored before completing it, so i have a possible chance to rebuy that soon. But i shall after beating a few games.

This sums up my thoughts on the trilogy almost entirely.

MP3 was a disappointment and I think it's due to the fact that it's lacking... soul? The addition of the different species felt pointless as I felt nothing for them due to a lack of any character depth or development. It was like they were put in only for design reasons so they could turn them into bosses.

In the future, if they do want to go the whole "Metroid Universe" route with different characters and races then they need to step it up to Mass Effect level. If not, I'd rather Samus was on her own.

On a side note, I love Metroid Prime. It is literally one of my favourite games of all time due to it's mix of different challenges and the fact that it is a genuine exploration game, something that is done rarely nowadays and done well even less so.

Well I finished Prime 1 a while ago but decided to take a break before starting the 2nd one, mostly as I never managed to get into it back on the Gamecube.

So anyway, I started Echoes yesterday and I have just defeated the Boost Guardian and loving the experience so far. It is so much better than I remember! If not quite level with the first game it certainly isn't far behind.

Well I finished Prime 1 a while ago but decided to take a break before starting the 2nd one, mostly as I never managed to get into it back on the Gamecube.

So anyway, I started Echoes yesterday and I have just defeated the Boost Guardian and loving the experience so far. It is so much better than I remember! If not quite level with the first game it certainly isn't far behind.

I felt the same way.. until near the end where parts were a bit laborious :heh:

Spider Guardian now defeated, I was expecting this to be horrible given the reputation the boss has but I actually really enjoyed the more puzzle like approach to the fight.

I do however realise the difficulty was toned down for the Trilogy release, to those who have completed both original and Trilogy versions, how much harder was the Gamecube version really?

The only thing about Echoes that was shitty, was traversing the worlds. If you don't have a perfect memory and don't remember exactly where you need to backtrack to upon having discovered some new power, it got really really tedious trying to find where you needed to go by trial and error just because of the fucking awful load times.

The only thing about Echoes that was shitty, was traversing the worlds. If you don't have a perfect memory and don't remember exactly where you need to backtrack to upon having discovered some new power, it got really really tedious trying to find where you needed to go by trial and error just because of the fucking awful load times.

I didn't mind that, I just didn't like the ammo system! I found it annoying and would just have preferred them to stick with the normal 'beams' that have unlimited use.

I found Echoes a lot more enjoyable on the Wii as the boss fights weren't as frustrating due to the improved aiming.

The Trilogy disk is probably the greatest single disk game in existence. Just reading this thread makes me want to play it all again!

Thanks for reminding me. Using the dark beam, which was lazily just templated from the Ice Beam, looked like you were firing a fucking chocolate raisin. I didn't mind the weapons much though, the mechanic of which weapon to use against which enemy added a little to combat. The world had some great elements to it - Sanctuary Fortress is to this day, the best environment in any Metroid game. Aether was skillfully constructed, and if it had been made for a console that could stream data more efficiently, most of my problem with the game could have been eliminated.

It's the only reason I've only finished Echoes once but finished Prime five times. When you have to go between worlds five fucking times to get just one of the keys you need to trigger the end game, it gets furiously frustrating.

Does anybody want to trade any friend tokens on this? Really want to get the bobblehead and bumper stickers!

Kinda hoped that when I saw this thread bumped up it was because Nintendo had announced a HD version...

Right, so I'm sure most of you have downloaded this for the WiiU.

If you haven't, you officially have no sense of bargain.

Anyway, there is a way to get the Metroid Prime 3 online bonuses.

1. Go to the GameFAQ's saves, there's a file that has 0% progress in all 3 games but has 15 friendship tokens. You want to download that.

2. Start Metroid Prime Trilogy and make an initial save file (Wii Hardware/Wii Mode won't allow you to copy save files over to internal memory unless you have started the game at least once and have made that initial save file)

3. Move the Metroid Prime Trilogy file to your SD Card via the Wii Menu and then delete it from the SD Card afterwards (this is just to give you the right folder structure in place to copy files - you don't actually have to do this, but it makes things easier)

4. Put the SD Card into your computer, re-name the gamefaqs MPT save file "data.bin" and put in the following folder structure (Private/wii/title/R3MP) on your SD Card.

5. From the Wii Menu, copy the MPT save file from the SD Card over to your internal memory.

6. Load up Metroid Prime Trilogy and enjoy!

Edited by Glen-i

Why do I copy the save to my SD card in step 1 if I'm moving it in step 4? I'm usually pretty good with this stuff but I'm not used to moving files around on the Wii. What are the bonuses, anyway?

Why do I copy the save to my SD card in step 1 if I'm moving it in step 4? I'm usually pretty good with this stuff but I'm not used to moving files around on the Wii. What are the bonuses, anyway?

I think it was just gallery stuff IIRC.

Edit: Here's what they unlock.

• the screen-shot tool

• a bobble-head of your Mii in Samus's Gunship (Metroid Prime 3)

• bumper stickers for Samus's Gunship (Metroid Prime 3)

• 6 diorama models

• 3 concept galleries.

He goofed. You don't need to copy it in step 1, just download it and then copy it to your SD Card in step 4.

The rest of the instructions are all accurate though :)

I can't actually play this game, because I can't find my AA battery charger and as we all know, the Wii remotes require two apiece because they came out in 1994.

Ahh, it's so great playing through MP1 again! It has aged so well! :D (still looks great too!)

But those faster loading times!! YES!! :yay:

Even if you own the disc version, I urge you to get the eShop version! The faster loading times make a world of difference! No more waiting for doors to open! :D (and you will not believe how fast the elevators move now! :o )

I'm looking forward to playing this again, never did play it with Wii more and nunchuk so that'll be fun, and I never finished echoes originally (didn't like it and got bored with gaming in general)

Bought it just now. I mean, 9.99€. It's just too good a deal. : peace:

I reckon the gamecube controller adapter doesn't work with this? I.e. I have to use Wiimote and Nunchuck? :blank:

Ahh, it's so great playing through MP1 again! It has aged so well! :D (still looks great too!)

But those faster loading times!! YES!! :yay:

Even if you own the disc version, I urge you to get the eShop version! The faster loading times make a world of difference! No more waiting for doors to open! :D (and you will not believe how fast the elevators move now! :o )

It does hold up so well doesn't it, still looks as beautiful as I remember, Phendrana Drifts...:D

Bought it just now. I mean, 9.99€. It's just too good a deal. : peace:

I reckon the gamecube controller adapter doesn't work with this? I.e. I have to use Wiimote and Nunchuck? :blank:

Unless you don't own a Wiimote and Nunchuk, stop complaining.

Wiimote controls are far superior to Gamecube controls for the Prime games.

Just whack the sensitivity up to Max and you barely have to move your wrist.

Also, as soon as you get space jump on Prime 1 and 2, you can flick the Wiimote to jump in Morph Ball mode! No more waiting for bombs to explode.

Unless you don't own a Wiimote and Nunchuk, stop complaining.

Wiimote controls are far superior to Gamecube controls for the Prime games.

First of all, I can complain as much as I want and you don't need to tell me to stop.

Second of all, you may think Wiimote controls are superior...I don't. I've come to hate the Wiimote + Nunchuck controls in any kind of game. I much rather prefer a 'traditional' controller, mostly because it's the kind of controller I've grown up with and thus feels better to me.

So, I guess your answer to my question is "no, the gamecube controller adapter does not work"?