NEurope

Ah frak it, FRAK IT to HELL, I DON'T BLOODY BELIEVE THIS.

Damnit, I just beat Omega Pirate and got the last artifact so I though that I should make sure I have 100% of stuff before heading to the final boss, I have 97% items and 95% scans.... I went through the scans and realised with the exception of the final boss scans I was missing one creature in the middle of the list.. unable to remember what it should be thought I'd check a guide and what did I find out I was missing... the ICE SHRIEKBAT and seeing as I'm WAY past the part where you get the Thermal Visor obviously I can no longer get that scan... WTF How did I miss that scan in the first place.

And I'm the kind of OCD weirdo who will likely replay AGAIN before going onto ECHOS.. DAMNIT

The Ice Shriekbat is only available for scanning at that moment. If you miss it, you miss it.

Yeah it's only there up until you get the Thermel Visor, after that the enemies in that room change and the Ice Shriekbat is no more...

I just went and beat the game, time 12 hours 3 mins, 99% scans, 100% items, not bad considering I had forgot most of where to go in the game and spent an amount of going the wrong way... like trying to explore the crashed fridgate before getting the Gravity Suit... oddly I thought there was something you had to find there first before getting the Gravity Suit :heh:

I think the first ever time I played it on the GC my time was a little over 15 hours.

Ah well, I figured I'd go on and get to Echos then Corruption, after that I'll go back and do Prime on Hypermode and then get my 100% 100% :heh:

I plan to start digging through Prime this weekend, getting in some serious mileage. I've only done 25%, and I've enjoyed it immensely, but until now I haven't really had the time to play.

Just finished writing my review for this. Sat for ages trying to decide whether to give it a 10 out of 10 or not and ended up giving it. It basically felt as though anything less would be criminal given how flesh out the Trilogy is. And for £40, or perhaps slightly less now, what you get are three of the best Nintendo games in the last 10 years with improvements so I felt a 10 was easily justified.

Anyway, I really should plow on with this. I need to finish Prime 1. I never got round to finishing it on the GC for several reasons so should do it. I have a week off from Uni starting the 19th so methinks an epic Prime marathon is in order :D

Started on Echoes last night, just entered Argon going ok, but realising I think I forgot where most stuff is, so should be fun. Scanning every thing first time I see it to make sure I don't mess up and miss something like I bloody did with that damned Ice SHriekbat in Prime... seriously for something so minimal in the whole game why make it a limited scan like it were a boss?

Started on Echoes last night, just entered Argon going ok, but realising I think I forgot where most stuff is, so should be fun. Scanning every thing first time I see it to make sure I don't mess up and miss something like I bloody did with that damned Ice SHriekbat in Prime... seriously for something so minimal in the whole game why make it a limited scan like it were a boss?

It was the Ice Shriekbat which kept me from getting 100% for scans on my run through Prime.

Watch out for a couple of really limited scans in Dark Agon, such as the Webling and Ing Webtrap.

That's not true, they do and are replaced by regular ones.

Hmm, yes you are somewhat right. I'm near the end of Prime 1 on Trilogy right now, and the only scans I still need to get are the Ice Shriekbats and Metroid Prime's 2 forms.

Went to Ice Ruins West, but no Ice Shriekbats. :( Darn it all.

No regular ones either though, just a big Sheegoth.

Metroid Prime Red Entry List:

The red entry guide lists, in order, the entries that can only be found at a

particular point in the game. Read the first entry and keep an eye out for it. Once

you fill it, immediately stop and read the next entry. Unfortunately, Metroid Prime

does not allow you to copy save files, so be careful that you do not save the game

at any point unless your red entries are completed up to that point.

01) Map hologram: scan this in the Space Pirate's Frigate *before* you get the map.

You can do this at any map station in the game, but it's best to remember now

since there are only a few others.

02) Fall of Zebes: (Pirate Data) this is in the Biohazard Containment room of the

Space Pirate Frigate in the beginning of the game (check your map for room names).

If you land on the planet Tallon IV without this Pirate Data, you cannot go back

for it.

03) Parasite Queen: Scan the Space Pirate Frigate boss before defeating it or you

won't have another chance (it'll make the fight a lot easier as well).

04) Parasite: These swarm the tunnels after the boss, but a few can be found just

before fighting the boss as well. Again, if you leave the Space Pirate Frigate

without scanning these creatures, you won't get another chance.

05) Hive Mecha and Ram War Wasps: This pair defends the first pack of missiles.

You'll have to scan under the water from the edge of the central platform to

get the Hive Mecha (scanning the red ports that you fire at does not work).

Don't forget to scan the Ram War Wasps and the Hive Mecha during the fight.

If you defeat this mini-boss without making these scans, you won't get another

chance at them.

06) Missile Blast Shield: As soon as you pick up your first pack of missiles (or

just before), you should scan the Missile Blast Shield. There are dozens of

other blast shields, but it is possible to destroy them all without scanning

any of them.

07) Locked Door: This is technically not a red entry, but it may be difficult to

track down later in the game. In the Energy Core Room, you'll see your first

locked door in the distance over the green water.

08) Barbed War Wasp and Incinerator Drones: Like the Hive Mecha and Ram War Wasps,

this boss fight is your only chance to scan these two creatures. There's no

special trick for this duo though. You'll encounter this fight just after the

Energy Core Room.

09) Flaagrah and Flaagrah Tentacles: These are both parts of the first major boss

in the Chozo Ruins. As with all bosses, this is your only chance to scan the

pair. You may die a few times while fighting this boss. Be sure to rescan

Flaagrah and its Tentacles each time you restart. The tentacles fill the four

bomb tubes at ground level.

10) Ice Burrower: These are found in early Phendrena. They'll be in a small cavern

with low ceilings digging through the snow. The location is connected to the

Phendrena Shorelines (hub) location, but you'll have to take the long way around

to get to it the first time (since you won't have Space Jump Boots). They look

just like ordinary Burrowers (they jump out of the ground and spit rocks at you

before diving back under the snow). Get them while you can since they are

replaced by Security Drones later in the game. Thanks to "Joe" for the heads up.

11) Stalactite: Their are quite a few stalactites in Phendrena and Magmoor, but

it is possible to dislodge all of them without scanning one first. The first

stalactite is in the Ice Ruins West portion of Phendrena Drifts. You'll need

the space jump to destroy it, but it can be scanned from the ground level.

12) Ice Shriekbat: After you scan that stalactite, you should see a cave to its

left. If you have the Space Jump Boots, jump into the cave with your scan visor

turned on. Do not step forward or the bunch of Ice Shriekbats will suicide

attack you. They are in the distance perched under an overhanging ceiling. Scan

them before moving forward because they move very quickly in flight. I'm not

sure when they stop appearing here either. It's possible that they never

reappear after they are killed (by your bullets or their suicide attack), so be

sure and get them when you first see them. If you do not have the Space Jump

Boots yet, look upward and toward the Wave Beam door from the entrance area of

the Ice Ruins West. You should be able to see the overhanging ceiling from this

point for a safer and earlier scan.

13) Ice Parasite: After getting the Space Jump Boots, you'll have to enter the Chozo

Ice Temple. This location contains two variety of creature that crawl on the

blocks. One is common and can be found all over Phendrena, the other is the rare

Ice Parasite. After you get the Wave Beam, this creature vanishes so scan them now.

14) Thardus: This is the boss composed of rocks in Phendrena Drifts. As with all bosses,

this is your only chance, and be sure that you rescan it each time you die and

restart the fight. Double check to make sure you got the previous three entries

since I'm practically certain that beating Thardus (if not before then) will end

your chance to scan them.

15) Aqua Drone: After you obtain the Gravity Suit and you begin exploring the Space

Pirates Frigate underwater, keep an eye out for Aqua Security Drones. They appear

just like ordinary security drones, but only on your first run through the Space

Pirate Frigate.

16) Elite Pirate: The elite pirates are rather difficult to miss since they are such

an intimidating foe. Though you do get to fight about three of them during the

game, they do not reappear, so be sure to scan one of them.

17) Phazon Elite: After you get Power Bombs, you can reclaim a Chozo Artifact from this

guy near the beginning of the Phazon Mines (though it's a bit out of the way at

this point). He looks just like the Omega Pirate (Phazon Mines boss) but he's the

size of an ordinary Elite Pirate. This is not a second (or first) chance to get the

Omega Pirate boss entry, this is a separate entry.

18) Omega Pirate: This is the Phazon Mines boss. As with all bosses, don't forget to

scan him each time you die and restart.

19) Meta Ridley: You're almost done here! Again, don't forget to rescan Ridley each time

you fight him.

20) Metroid Prime: The end of your logbook. There's no point in approaching Prime with

the intent to scan unless the rest of your logbook is filled. Make sure you get the

Lumigek and Fission Metroids, which live in the impact crater after the final save

point (though you can scan them and go back to save). During the fight, make sure

that you scan BOTH FORMS of Metroid Prime. If you're reading this guide as a spoiler

(shame on you), you'll know Prime's second form when you see it, since it looks

completely different from his first form.

21) Metroid Prime: Just to be redundant, don't forget to scan Prime's second form.

I got this from: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/960329/20325

Thanks to Rize for the awesome FAQ!

Sorry to bump for such a trivial thing- can some of you kind N-E'ers send me some freind vouchers?

I'm glad you did actually - I was going to put my experiences of Metroid Prime 3, but didn't really want to bump it!

I'm really enjoying this game now, although in general I've found it much more difficult than Echoes. The learning curve reminds me of getting used to the original Metroid Prime.

I defeated Mogenar, which I found a challenge, albeit not too frustrating. It took me five tries and I failed most times by getting corrupted - that's something new I have to take into account.

Then I'm onto Elysia, which is tremendous fun to navigate. It reminds me of the Fortress in Echoes, but I find it much better. However, I'm stuck at the Boost Guardian, which seems harder than the one in Echoes! I think the problem is that with previous Metroids you generally needed fast reactions, but with this you need a steady hand as well. That's the same reason I didn't like the Spider Guardian in Echoes.

That said, Corruption is a good game and there are lots of subtle details which tell you it's more advanced than a GameCube game. Just generally the size of the environments, which are all "real", and they way the enemies react to the environment and each other:

I loved it when I destroyed a wall, a Berserker ran through, picked up a Space Pirate and threw him at me! Also, I loved the beast with a mount.

The only thing that annoys me about Corruption is there are a couple of creatures that seem to only be in a place if you go there at an exact time. There was one inparticular (I forget it's name) that is on the GFS Valhalla. I chose to do the full run through of that at the end of the game, but that little critter wasn't there!

Thankfully, you don't need to scan everything in this game to get the good ending, you just need to collect everything and you don't even see what percentage of scans you have achieved like you do with the first two. Plus, there is an insane amount of limited scans.

Oh man, I love this game (Corruption) now! I've got used to the Wii controls and I actually love them, especially those puzzles where you turn a handle and slot in three different parts. This is the best of the three games for puzzles.

I found that secret area on Bryyo, where you get the Screw Attack. When you hear gibberish over the intercom, I actually thought that was quite scary!

Just completed Corruption and I loved it! Yes, it's a tad fragmented, but it has the best laser beam of any Metroid game, is less arduous than Echoes and is generally so much fun to play. What's more, it got me used to the Wii's motion controls.

More 3D Metroid on the Wii 2 please! :)

I added you, David. :)

I can't find your Wii code in the profile. I'm probably being blind.

Still in need of some vouchers people!

I can't find your Wii code in the profile. I'm probably being blind.

Couldn't find yours either. One of us (read: me) probably stuffed something up.

The number I entered for you was 5026 8574 1927 1914. My Wii number is 4329 8293 2425 0824.

Edited by LostOverThere

Now tell me, be that Nostalgia Critic or AVGN ?:santa:

avgn but i heard of the game when watching an episode of gamesmaster... oh i miss that show