NEurope

I'm not sure it's a 100/100 run - I thought it was just pick ups.

It seems to be so. But when I read 100% run I was expecting 100%.

EDIT: I've gotten a little fed up of listening to just the soundtrack whilst not playing. So I've got Michael Bolton's rendition of That's Life playing. Makes it ... different.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

speaking of speedruns, check out this guy playing super metroid

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuidedCosine

while i find it pretty fascinating that he is recording his first play through of the game, its also pretty hilarious.

he thinks samus is a male robot named super metroid

he misreads "zebes" as "zebra". planet zebra

it takes him about a minute to figure out how to open doors

lol

Hehe, that's pretty funny, but it's also interesting he's having many of the same problems I had when I played that game for the first time without a manual to guide me on the controls. And it also took me ages to climb back up that long shaft at the begining of Zebes. Old games were not very user friendly like they are today. :heh:

I'm just watching the first one and listening to his ReZ-esque rambling. This has to be fake surely.

EDIT: I can't do it, I've just watched parts 1 & 2 and it's too painful to watch.

EDIT EDIT: I've decided to try and watch more, this really is bullshit, his stupid comments just scream "FAKE" to me. Anyone?

I saw someone do a 100% Super Metroid in 6ish hours for charity. I donated 10 dollars whilst watching.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I'm just watching the first one and listening to his ReZ-esque rambling. This has to be fake surely.

EDIT: I can't do it, I've just watched parts 1 & 2 and it's too painful to watch.

EDIT EDIT: I've decided to try and watch more, this really is bullshit, his stupid comments just scream "FAKE" to me. Anyone?

I saw someone do a 100% Super Metroid in 6ish hours for charity. I donated 10 dollars whilst watching.

i just dont know man. i was thinking that as well, but when you see how long it takes him to figure out how to select missiles, roll into a ball...and he genuinely seems surprised once he figures out how to do so. i just dont know

i just dont know man. i was thinking that as well, but when you see how long it takes him to figure out how to select missiles, roll into a ball...and he genuinely seems surprised once he figures out how to do so. i just dont know

I was cringing, I couldn't bear to watch anymore. I did laugh though when he kept babbling about the character called 'Super Metroid' who was a 'super robot man'. His confusion was also amusing.

It also seemed a bit sus when he came up with the concept of Space Pirates and Ridley [the "pteradactyl"] killing Super Metroids parents, despite not being mentioned anywhere.

"Save points are for girls, which Super Metroid is clearly not" Another unusual moment.

EDIT: And now he's spouting about 30 seconds worth of bullshit about a cave having dandruff. Part 4, about 3:50 in.

There's just too many "coincidences" of what he says for this to be genuine.

EDIT EDIT: It's amazing, he's learnt how to do the double bomb jump first time.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Your videos are so full of bullshit it hurts.

come on, own up

someone commented on his video telling him the truth about samus... i wish they hadnt.

Edited by or else you will DIE

come on, own up

That was me. I regret nothing.

NOTHING.

He knows exactly where he's going, as he goes on another "you're a super special super robot super manly..." rant, he's bombing walls which aren't obvious to the unlearned player and finding missile expansions.

Ummm it's clearly bullshit and done by a fan of the game.

Word. No one would ever pronounce Zebes as Zebra. Maybe Zeb-ez [which I think was my original pronounciation]

Word. No one would ever pronounce Zebes as Zebra. Maybe Zeb-ez [which I think was my original pronounciation]

yeah i do too. ever since i heard gametrailers (i think) pronounce it as ZEEBS ive been like no no no no nononono

i personally believe it is his first time though. i guess time will tell

derail04.jpg

yeah i do too. ever since i heard gametrailers (i think) pronounce it as ZEEBS ive been like no no no no nononono

Hmm, it's "Zee-bees" for me!

lol I hope that guy was faking it. Whilst it is common to mistake samus or a man.. but even in the intro there they clearly show the left eye of a woman

i personally believe it is his first time though.

Are you taking the piss? Did you notice when he walked into one room, instead of jumping around exploring the ledges in view, he went straight to the bottom corner and started morph bombing to a missile expansion.

ABC News has Metroid Prime Trilogy is the 'Citizen Kane' of videogames.

Meaning, I suppose, that it's entertaining, artistic and a masterful example of its craft.. and perhaps somewhat unpopular in its own time.. but so absurdly overrated a generation or two from now that it will become a pretentious, generic byword for quality.

Seriously, this pre-packaged expression needs to die :blank:

ABC News has Metroid Prime Trilogy is the 'Citizen Kane' of videogames.

Why would they like to make that comparison. Citizen Kane was shit.

w/e... it's still relatively positive press for a game trilogy that deserves more widespread coverage than it has received thus far.

w/e... it's still relatively positive press for a game trilogy that deserves more widespread coverage than it has received thus far.

Indeed, Prime Trilogy is the best deal since Mario All Stars!!!

Indeed, Prime Trilogy is the best deal since The Orange Box!!!

Fix't it for ya.

You're both wrong!

This is what it ought to be...

Indeed, Prime Trilogy is the best deal since sliced bread!!!