NEurope

*back on topic* >.>

The lack of Metroids thing, it's not really that big an issue... in Metroid prime you have to get very far in the game before you see a Metroid in 3D for the first time - magical moment :heart - yes it's even longer before you see one in MP2 and even longer still in MP3 but it really doesn't matter because towards the end of each game you then see them more often anyway so it balances out.

Plus the way in which they are implemented is always great, I love when you first see the proper Metroids in MP3 - you know the bit I'm talking about ;) - I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it but, so awesome.

I just got an email saying I can get the original Metroid too. Which I must say I'm not that fussed about as when I tried playing it on an emulator it was horrible.

On the subject of Nintendo Stars thing, how does one find their "rewards", y'know, the wallpapers and other shizzle you get for registering a game. The layout of the website seems to have changed since the last time I visited.

I also received an e-mail, but I registered the game on Monday!

Either people haven't been rushing to register their copies or it's for the first 5000 people per country.

On the subject of Nintendo Stars thing, how does one find their "rewards", y'know, the wallpapers and other shizzle you get for registering a game. The layout of the website seems to have changed since the last time I visited.

I just click on "My Account", then there's a "rewards"- or "treasures"-button on the left (don't know how they call it in English)

I didn't bother registering. I already have Metroid on the original Prime and Zero Mission. At its core it's a good game, but by today's standards too unforgiving.

Also, it's not worth registering if you want points/stars/whatever as the system has been gimped. I hate how your points can expire.

Just got to Impact Crater on Prime and I'm well pissed off. There was no man's voice saying "Impact Crater" like the cube version.

This is nothing like the original. NOTHING :(

out of curiosity is the voice in the intro to prime1 still there?

that was awesome :)

yeah it is, and at the end

I had to crank the sound up, the music almost drowned the man's voice out at the end in his first sentences.

You don't get anything apart from stars for registering now, and a lot of the rewards for older games aren't available any more either - either the links don't show up in the rewards section, or they're dead links.

*Picks up the topic and puts it back on the rails* >.>

So I've downloaded the original NES Metroid for free and it's still as tough as it always was :heh: and nice to remember how the series started as it is, the lack of a map can be really offputting.

the visuals look stunning FACT, slightly degraded or not , 3 amazing games, 1 disc amazing controls. nuff said. if u having picked this up already for shame on u .

if u having picked this up already for shame on u .

I picked it up in HMV this morning. :)

And set it back down again.

I completely Prime 1 earlier today (well yesterday now...)

I got 98% pick ups and 98% scans in just under 8 hrs.

The thing is, I can't work out how I didn't get 100% for items. I have 250 missiles, 7 power bombs, 14 energy tanks and all the beam combos. With all other items being mandatory (if played correctly) it means I should have 100% surely, but I don't.

And as far as I can see, the only log book scan I'm missing was the Ice Shriekbat - they are limited time only.

Downloaded the original Metroid as I got my ticket the other day too.

Played it for about two hours today and got all the suit upgrades and 9 missiles expansions and two energy tanks. I eventually got to Kraid and died. It is a nuisance without a map but many an hour spent with Zero Mission means I have good idea where to go (even if all the rooms do look the same).

I completely Prime 1 earlier today (well yesterday now...)

The thing is, I can't work out how I didn't get 100% for items. I have 250 missiles, 7 power bombs, 14 energy tanks and all the beam combos. With all other items being mandatory (if played correctly) it means I should have 100% surely, but I don't.

Looks like you're missing a power bomb expansion.

I finally beat all 3 of these games 100%. It took me a little over a week. I want to get all unlockables, but I'm not sure I want to bother with all the friend vouchers bullshit. It'd mean I'd have to get my Wii online again somehow, but the Wii is a piece of shit when it comes to that.

Looks like you're missing a power bomb expansion.

Well you're given three when you acquire it and there are only four expansions (1 in the Ruins, 1 in the Magmoor and 2 in Phendrana) so the maximum you can get is seven - which is why I'm totally flummoxed.

I think your missing a missile expansion. Isn't the maximum 255?

I think your missing a missile expansion. Isn't the maximum 255?

The maximum only changed to 255 when Echoes came along.

You get 5 when you acquire the missiles and there are 49 expansions.

There are still 49 expansions in Echoes and Corruption, but you get an extra five with the seeker missiles (I think that's how it works anyway).

The maximum amount of power bombs you can have is 8. If you really have picked up all expansions, that certainly is strange.

The maximum amount of power bombs you can have is 8. If you really have picked up all expansions, that certainly is strange.

I've completed the game many a time on the GC with 100% and after the first time, I never needed to consult an FAQ because I memorized their locations. Thinking it might have been my memory going, I checked one yesterday, and I'm looking at one now, and they both confirm that there are only 4 expansions.

It makes little difference now as I saved over my file at the end knowing that I couldn't go back and get my log book completed but it was kind of strange.

There's a list on here of exactly how they've UPgraded the graphics, the only thing missing is the ice forming on Samus' weapon when powering up the Ice Beam, or the floaty bits of energy above her cannon when in Wave Beam form. Since her cannon is no longer only in one of two basic positions, now being completely controllable freely with the Wii Remote I can understand why they're not there anymore, to make use of the cannon as fast and agile as possible. I didn't even notice those before someone pointed it out.

But to bitch about two such small things when other areas of graphics have been upgraded, along with all the other fixes and tweaks and new controls... well, it's sad in my opinion to be griping!

Plus, I've seen the so-called "proof" videos and stills that other areas have been downdraded and it's bull. Anyone can "prove" anything on the internet, doesn't even have to be true. ::shrug: