NEurope

You're not alone. I don't expect this crap from GAME.

I don't blame GAME, they shipped it on Wednesday. It's Royal Mail I blame since there are other parcels I should have received by now but haven't gotten.

I don't blame GAME, they shipped it on Wednesday. It's Royal Mail I blame since there are other parcels I should have received by now but haven't gotten.

True enough. Boom Blox only got to me on Tuesday when it was sent out at the beginning of last week, and a parcel sent first class on Saturday got here yesterday. Backlogged by bank holiday mail?

God damn it you guys. I have to put up with crappy Nintendo of Australia idling around until October 15 to lay my hands on this master piece. Great review there, by the way. :-)

Great review there, by the way. :-)

Thanks, it was as much a pleasure to review as it was to play :D I'm just glad that I've now hopefully done one of my favourite series the justice it deserves in reviewing it. :)

I think after playing Prime 1 & 2 I've gotten used to not using the remote, so at the moment is a bit of a hassle. Also the visor/weapon changing is going to take some getting used to.

Final Verdict:

An absolutely stunning collection of games that no self-respecting gamer should be without

Guilt trip! :o

Hello there, I plan on buying Metroid prime trilogy and a few other games for the Wii and if you dont mind, I have a small question that im alittle curious about.. I am buying a Wii again since my last one broke but this time i have a panasonic hd tv (before i just had a normal tv) but dispite the fact how i know the wii doesnt support HD (which isnt a problem at all) i just wanted to know your opinions on how it looks on a hd tv??

im just curious and im buying a Wii reguardless, so many games that i want to buy such as Metroid prime trilogy :grin:

(btw,i apolagise if this post feels as if its in the wrong thread, i looked for a wii console topic but i didnt find one except for console problems? i apolagise if incorrect)

Edited by Zero Seven

Hello there, I plan on buying Metroid prime trilogy and a few other games for the Wii and if you dont mind, I have a small question that im alittle curious about.. I am buying a Wii again since my last one broke but this time i have a panasonic hd tv (before i just had a normal tv) but dispite the fact how i know the wii doesnt support HD (which isnt a problem at all) i just wanted to know your opinions on how it looks on a hd tv??

im just curious and im buying a Wii reguardless, so many games that i want to buy such as Metroid prime trilogy :grin:

(btw,i apolagise if this post feels as if its in the wrong thread, i looked for a wii console topic but i didnt find one except for console problems? i apolagise if incorrect)

It looks pretty good on my HDTV as long as I sit far away enough from the screen. Yes, there's still lots of jaggies visible even from a distance, but it's what I've come to expect from Wii games. Use component cables though, if you're using composite cables I can guarantee you it will look like shit.

It looks pretty good on my HDTV as long as I sit far away enough from the screen. Yes, there's still lots of jaggies visible even from a distance, but it's what I've come to expect from Wii games. Use component cables though, if you're using composite cables I can guarantee you it will look like shit.

I assume you buy these cables in any common game store? im sorry but for someone who owns a hd tv, i know next to nothing about them lol

I assume you buy these cables in any common game store? im sorry but for someone who owns a hd tv, i know next to nothing about them lol

Yep. There's the official Nintendo ones, but go for the cheaper third party ones if they have them. I have the official cables, but I heard that the third party ones don't show any difference in quality.

Yep. There's the official Nintendo ones, but go for the cheaper third party ones if they have them. I have the official cables, but I heard that the third party ones don't show any difference in quality.

Alright, thanks for the info as it is much appreciated, I cant wait to get my hands on the metroid prime trilogy as i only ever owned metroid prime 1 and the fond memories that i have for that game are in the bucket loads :hehe:

Whoops! I just bought this after FINALLY giving Prime 3 a go. Now i have two copies of this fun games series :D

I have the GAME branded component cables, seems to do the job alright, though i haven't compared it with the over twice as a expensive official cabls so i can't comment about which is better.

What unlockables are there in the game and how do you get them? In Prime GC you had to scan the shit out of everything that moved and didnt move to unlock the art galleries etc. Is that still the case in this collection? :)

picture galleries, audio gallery, fusion suit for metroid prime

thats it as far as i know

and i think you gotta purchase them with the tokens you collect throughout the games

From my experience, as long as you use the component cables, the picture quality looks fine on a 1080p television. I agree with EchoDesiato, from my experience, the 3rd party cables are just as good as the official Ninty ones.

Thank you both for the feedback as now i know what im looking for. I cant wait to get this game as i am getting it today along with the Wii :heh: and the fact that I havent even played MP2 Echoes or MP3 let alone completed them (MP1 being the only one that i have..) makes me excited as hell.

Thank you both for the feedback as now i know what im looking for. I cant wait to get this game as i am getting it today along with the Wii :heh: and the fact that I havent even played MP2 Echoes or MP3 let alone completed them (MP1 being the only one that i have..) makes me excited as hell.

hey, dont get your hopes up too high for metroid prime 2... its nowhere near as good as the first one.

prime 3 is pretty good

hey, dont get your hopes up too high for metroid prime 2... its nowhere near as good as the first one.

prime 3 is pretty good

Ive heard that from quite a few people.. especially to do with this so called "dark world" but reguardless I cant wait because to be honest.. if its even only as half as good as MP1 then im happy as MP1 (alongside ocarina of time) is one of the most memorable games that ive ever played.

I've not been in here for some time, so forgive me if this has been mentioned. I've been looking for the trilogy pack in the metal case, but only finding the sleeve. Have they gimped us again? Is it an exclusive somewhere?

prime 3 is pretty good

Granted, Prime 2 is not the strongest of the bunch, but its certainly no turkey. It's still a high quality production, with some great ideas and superb design. An injustice to call it nowhere near as good.

I really love Metroid Prime 2. In fact, I think the substantial amount of hostility many people hold towards it has only served to intensify my liking.

Echoes is a really really really fantastic game. The thing is just that it's the least really really really fantastic one of the three.