NEurope

i think im gunna buy this... today. metroid games never fail to make me excited, even if i have played them all. ive been putting myself off playing metroid prime for about 2 months now because ive been telling myself to wait for this.

Buy it, Play it, Love it... Metroid Prime will never let you down. :)

Wow... reviewing this is proving harder than I thought, I'll get it done and up on-site soon though, admitedly it's more a review of the collection then of the games themselves but there will be parts that reflect a little on each game, either way it's a fantastic package so expect it to score highly. ;)

Mokong X-C texted me and said that an Irish store told him that it had been delayed till the 9th....

Just got an email saying that meself. Taking the piss dammit! I wannit now!

I bought it. Don't know when I'll be able to sit down and enjoy it's enormous embrace of gameplay goodness but with a collection such as this, it's something that I'll always have on the shelf so I'll play through the games, in sequence, progressively when I have the time and when I feel it.

Started Prime 1 though, shot through the space frigate and onto Tallon IV, took down the Hive Mecha and picked up the missiles and a missile expansion. Quick start and quick-ish progress. Music still brings home that eerie feeling of stepping and exploring the unknown but also being able to seem inviting at the same time. One of the best aspects of the game and a perfect example of how Nintendo and Retro Studios have used music to further a game through its atmosphere. The true widescreen is greatly appreciated, especially with my new TV, and it still looks and plays great.

Glad to hear that you decided to pick it up GP :D even if you only play it in short bursts - though it's better to play it to death for a week - you'll still get loads of enjoyment out of it I'm sure and like you say, it's there for you to play when you feel like it. :)

This didn't arrive today. Disappointed. :(

Same here. What's going on Royal Mail? I better still get my free Metroid download.

Had a scary moment, went in to pick this up and was told that release had been pushed back till Tuesday... WTF? Damnit.

Went off to get some other things in the city i needed, got a phone call a few mins later from GameStop and said their Headoffice rang to tell them they can put the game on sale from 1.30pm, weird but hey just had to wait round for an hour and was able to pick up the game, woot.

Just had a session on Prime 1, man how I still love this game, the wiimote controls added to it is like when I played RE4:Wii Ed for the 1st time, you just think "how did this ever work without the Wiimote?" Trying to take it slowly though, manily cuz memory ain't great haha, and I wanna make sure I don't miss any scans. Just got the Vaira Suit and saved. Game still looks awesome too... maybe even slightly re-polished too?

ALso I think someone mentioned in here that there's a Morph Ball jump added to prime 1? Is this collectable? Cuz i can't jump without the bombs? (or did I imagine reading that)?

Game still looks awesome too... maybe even slightly re-polished too?

I know they added higher res textures.

Also I think someone mentioned in here that there's a Morph Ball jump added to prime 1? Is this collectable? Cuz i can't jump without the bombs? (or did I imagine reading that)?

You just flick the Wii remote upwards basically... :)

Finally got my hands on this today. Collected the Gravity Suit and I'm about to head for the Sunken Frigate in Prime 1! I'm glad they kept in the rapid missile fire trick in the game, as they removed it in Echoes.

I'm glad they kept in the rapid missile fire trick in the game, as they removed it in Echoes.

I dare say they removed it from Echoes to try and get you to use the light and dark beam more.

The review is coming along nicely now, everything is falling into place and I'm just enjoying piecing it all together. :)

I'm glad to see that people are allready enjoying playing through it, there is so much to love about this trilogy and it definitely warrants purchase even if you've played them all before; it's the perfect excuse :heart: as if you ever needed one though. :heh:

i cannot believe that GAME still sell Wii games for £40

i got it as ASDA for £35

coulda got it online for £30 but im kinda impatient when it comes to metroid...

YAY

Despite them saying it'd be delayed til the 9th. I just got a dispatch email from Amazon. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow.

Review is all written-up allready, because I'm that awesome... :awesome:

It'll be up on-site soon-ish when the graphics are finalised, I can only hope that I've done the trilogy justice in my review but I'll let you all decide that :p damn though... it's such an awesome collection and I love it so much. :)

Oh God, stop talking about how much you all love this game. We sadly don't get it here in NZ until the 15th of October. I can't wait for it now after reading all the positive comments on here. Glad you are all enjoying it though :) I'm sure it will be a blast to play through again when I finally do get it. Looking forward to reading S.C.Gs review too.

What happened to the 'Steel Case' I can't find it anywhere? Did Europe not get it?

This happened...

i2r79z.jpg

But seriously, don't worry about it... the tin case would have been a nice extra but it's the games themselves that are the most important part of this package and they are now better than ever. :)

This happened...

i2r79z.jpg

But seriously, don't worry about it... the tin case would have been a nice extra but it's the games themselves that are the most important part of this package and they are now better than ever. :)

Aaaarrgghhh, I've been going around looking for the metal tin version :(

Still I'll now go and buy it in plastic now I know I'm not missing out. Shitty though that we don't get the cool case.

Did they change anything in the games???

Did they change anything in the games???

Small changes... they added an excellent unified intro that covers all games and changes to reflect your progress in each game which is a nice touch indeed, the visuals in the first two have been sharpened up a bit, Morph Ball 'hop' move has been retro-actively fitted, a couple of bosses in Echoes are now less frustrating, the word 'damn' was removed from Metroid Prime 3 anndddd the 'Credits' rewards system is now in effect across all three titles. :)

Plus thanks to the new control schemes which works perfectly these are now the definitive versions of the games, so yeah a few changes but all for the better. :D

Edited by S.C.G

Still hasn't arrived... *Is annoyed* :mad:

You're not alone. I don't expect this crap from GAME.

Aaaarrgghhh, I've been going around looking for the metal tin version :(

Europeans don't get the tin, but Americans don't get the superior narrated intro, so it evens out.;)