NEurope

I had no intention of buying this, but goddammit all I could resist that sexy tin case.

I had no intention of buying this, but goddammit all I could resist that sexy tin case.

The Pal version comes in a plastic case but quite honestly idc... ::shrug:

i2r79z.jpg

It still looks damn good and the actual games play better than ever :) I'm about 60% - 75% of the way through Prime now progress-wise and still loving every minute of it, also here's something I thought might amuse people who have played it the game before...

6dvbds.jpg

Metroid Prime Hunters DS reference anyone? :heh:

The Pal version comes in a plastic case but quite honestly idc...

I'm a sucker for metal cases. I'd gladly pay a bit more for metal cases. I wish they were standard.

Will it have wifi enabled??and wiispeak?

No. The multiplayer of Metroid Prime 2 is included, but remains the same 4-player split-screen.

Never did beat Prime herself or get above 91% scans on the GC, so looking for 100% this time!

I'm sure you will this time. I never thought I'd be able to do it either, but it's much easier than it seems (the boss, not the scans).

Also the new - I think, for Prime / Echoes anyway - ability of being able to do a single jump while in morph-ball mode is most welcome and lends itself well to assisting with bomb jumping - for the noobs who can't handle doing it the proper way... ;) j/k

...Which is (to the rythym of Magmoor Caverns)...

bomb, leave, bomb, bomb

bomb, leave, bomb, bomb

I was chuffed when I mastered that! Cool addition to Prime though - it sounds just as it is in the GBA games.

Hang on, won't this mean potential shortcuts if you can do the double bomb jump and then the remote flick?

Not that Nintendo are that stupid, I'm guessing you can't flick at a certain height.

According to gamers that has the game have noticed alot of changes and removed effects from the games.

This video shows nintendo removing damn from MP3.

189b84.jpg

Edited by Dante

According to gamers that has the game have noticed alot of changes and removed effects from the games.

This video shows nintendo removing the word 'damn' from a cut-scene in MP3.

It's a good change tbf, makes it seem that little bit less typically American, plus I don't really like Admiral Dane... sure it was good to show a bit more of what the Galactic Federation is like but when you've got that guy as a figurehead it just makes for unnecessary annoyance and does absolutely nothing for the atmosphere / story.

Guess I won't be getting this game if it dont have wifi enabled.

Metroid has never been about Multiplayer and it never would be, the multiplayer mode in Echoes and Hunters were 'interesting experiments' but that's all and should never be repeated.

Metroid Prime is one of the most absorbing single-player games anyone is ever likely to experience, not buying / rebuying it because it doesn't have online multiplayer should be a crime. :heh:

Couldn't agree more with S.C.G. Metroid never was one for multiplayer. They tried... but never with success. Maybe the revamped controls can cure some of Echoes ill-fated multiplayer's shortcomings, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Buying Metroid for multiplayer is like buying Enemy Territory: Quake Wars for its compelling story. And don't start about a Metroid-co-öp! When you're in a Metroid-related mess, you're in it alone. ;)

Can't see any other possible wifi-enabled features, bar the voucher-system.

It is "Wifi Enabled". I think (it's used for the tokens like in MP3, right?).

Also, Wifi doesn't mean the same as online and broadband. It's just shorter than both words so the brainless marketing people use it all the time.

Yeah, isn't it WiFi enabled so you can send each other something to do with achievment and trophies or something isn't it?

Can't believe your dismissing the game based on that reason Erin14!!

Fair enough if you didn't like some gameplay aspects of first person adventure games, but Metroids got nothing to do with multiplayer, you shouldn't even be expecting it from the series.

That's ridiculous.

It does have online elements, WiiConnect24 is put to good use as you can take snapshots in-game and post them directly to the Wii Message Board, as well as receiving and sending friend tokens to people in your Wii Address Book. The game also still pulls data from your flash memory to give you bumper stickers in Metroid Prime 3, and Mii bobbleheads.

You can take snapshots in-game? Wow, I must have completely missed that.

Makes the game even better :D

That's ridiculous.

It does have online elements, WiiConnect24 is put to good use as you can take snapshots in-game and post them directly to the Wii Message Board, as well as receiving and sending friend tokens to people in your Wii Address Book. The game also still pulls data from your flash memory to give you bumper stickers in Metroid Prime 3, and Mii bobbleheads.

Hmmmm, this reminds me of something. Whilst the things that you are stating are pretty nice. I actually think that Metroid Prime could 've ended with the ultimate first person shooter on the wii. It would definitely surpass The Conduit and the possibilities are endless when it comes to a Metroid shooter (staying within the boundries of the Metroid universe of course :laughing:)

Picture a bigger, better and greater version of Metroid Prime Hunters on-line :D

Poor Erin14, the Metroid fans are killing him just because of one thing he stated :P

Poor Erin14, the Metroid fans are killing him just because of one thing he stated :P

Firstly, I'm not really a big Metroid fan. Secondly, pick out some quotes where people are literally killing him.

Firstly, I'm not really a big Metroid fan. Secondly, pick out some quotes where people are literally killing him.

He's not being killed, just corrected :P Metroid has always been first and foremost an amazing single player experience and it always will be and no amount of tacked-on multiplayer components or off-shoots will change that...

...ever! :blank:

And also, go into his profile and look at all his posts. Count how many of his posts contain the words 'wanna bomb with me?' :)

Anyone else frustrated that no more info or trailers has come out for Other M?

Hopefully we'll get some delicious and nutritious information at Nintendo's next conference early October.