NEurope
canand

New Metal Gear game revealed in Famitsu

The website is down for me. I cancelled my Playstation 3.

countdown saying 199 hours with thunder and lightning plus e 3 5 flashing

Metal Gear Weatherman Confirmed.

Tactical espionage TV presenting.

Well done Dante; police for you?

Another excellent showcase for the master mind Kojima. (Dick)

It would just be stupid if the game wasn't a PS3 exclusive. Quality would suffer.

Yeah, I went there.

"New Metal Gear" Featured In Next Issue Of Famitsu

According to a solicitation for the next issue of the Japanese gaming mag's PSP and PlayStation 3 edition, as listed at 7-Eleven's Japanese site, a "new Metal Gear" will be given some pages. Not that surprising, considering the hints that Kojima Productions has dropped throughout its teaser site.

Given the magazine's topics of coverage, that "new Metal Gear" is logically going to be released on the PSP and/or PlayStation 3. We'll note that the Xbox 360 focused Famitsu publication does not feature a similar listing for a "new Metal Gear." Just in case you ask.

Personaly i think they would be CRAZY to make the next Metal Gear PS3 exclusive.. and i very much doubt they will because they cant spend millions on making it and then release it on the console with the smallest install base again.. especialy not these days when every penny counts.

So obviously my guess is this is most likely the next Metal Gear for the 360 and PS3.

Except that Kojima owns the IP, and since Kojima Productions formed in 2005 I think they've only done games on Playstation and iPod/iPhone, and that the engine built for the PS3 for MGS4 is done.

I'm not saying it won't happen, I'd just be surprised.

When money is involved anything can happen, just look at dead space and dead rising turning up on the Wii there great examples.

Well for starters 360 needs MGS4 before MGS5.

So expect e3 to maybe get that announcement and MGS5. The MGS touch announcement was fun so lets go along with this.

When money is involved anything can happen, just look at dead space and dead rising turning up on the Wii there great examples.

On the other hand, look at MGS4. Still on the PS3. It's a bit different with Kojima and MGS. He wasn't even happy with MGS4 so I don't see why he'd compromise any of its quality by making the next on multiplat. Also he is a rampant audiophile and the PS3 is much more capable in this department.

Also, MGS4 sold almost 5 million units. Which I'm sure Konami are more than happy with.

I'm just saying I don't think it is likely. I don't think the comparison with Wii games is that useful. Those games have been built from the ground up (I'm pretty sure that includes DR) but a multiplatform game would compromise quality. And they'd have to adapt the engine to the 360, and downsize the game, which would probably cost a lost of money in itself.

Well I don't believe in m3gat0n announcements anymore, MGS5 would just be too good to be true. I think there were many things they could have done better with MGS4, like actual length of game, weird gameplay and poor AI. Along with the needless array of weapons.

I thought MGS4 was a fitting end for Solid Snake. It should have had another chepter length in it though.

Chapter 3, although fun, was amazingly short.

On the other hand, look at MGS4. Still on the PS3. It's a bit different with Kojima and MGS. He wasn't even happy with MGS4 so I don't see why he'd compromise any of its quality by making the next on multiplat. Also he is a rampant audiophile and the PS3 is much more capable in this department.

You think he is the guy who is in charge of the money at Konami?

Why would you assume that just because they made MGS4 on the PS3 that MGS5 would be PS3 exclusive too? Engines can be adapted and the money it takes could be made back no problem.

Oh and the audio comment.. no .. just no

Also, MGS4 sold almost 5 million units. Which I'm sure Konami are more than happy with.

Konami are a company like any other.. what do they make games for.. to make money.. and im sure theres guys at Konami that know there releasing there game onto the smallest install base and thats a crazy thing to do when the game cost millions to make. That 5 million copys sold coulda been upto 10-15 million if they coulda got it MGS4 onto the 360.. and even the costs to downgrade it a little woulda been made back quite easily.

Im sure we will see @ E3. Personaly i couldnt careless cos i played MGS4 on the PS3 and i just think it would be a stupid move to miss out on LOTS of money.. AGAIN! Thing is companys like Konami normaly learn the hard way.

The other thing to factor in is how much Sony may have paid for (timed?) exclusivity on the PS3 in order for them to receive hardware sales.

I'm still confident MGS4 will make it on to the 360.