NEurope
STOOPIDDITTIES

How musical is n-e?

Just a thought as I spied on you all from my cave.

Who here plays a musical instrument? I assume quite a few of you do and guitar is probably going to be the most popular instrument.

But still I feel compelled to ask and be proved wrong.

So here are some questions to clutter you with...

What do you play? How long have you played for? What and who influenced you? In a band or just play for yourself? Self-taught?

Guitar Hero doesn't count.

I played piano and drums for two years, about 9 years ago.

Which I hadn't stopped.

Guitar for 6 years. Drums for about one year.

No influences, really.

I play by myself.

And I'm self-taught.

I played bass for a number of years. I was alright, I went to music college and they let me skip a year. I left though because I didn't like it and went to uni. Haven't touched bass since.

Flute....for 11 years now. Way too cool I know.

Piano for 5 years.

I play piano, have done for eight years but only really started putting effort in the second half of that. I changed piano teachers and my new one was amazing. I haven't played recently because we moved house and the piano didn't really fit anywhere, there goes my stress relief.

I play classical piano. I started because my sister used to learn and I listened to her when she practised and thought I wanted to do that. Now it's the other way around since she's forgotten everything.

I play electric guitar badly. I have a Flying V which I bought second/third hand. Apparently it is cursed. I don't think that is to blame for my inability to play it. Just never really caught me like piano did. In retrospect I think I would have preferred bass.

I played the double bass for a year. I was not bad at it actually. The size of the instrument put me off, I didn't carry on. Nor do I miss it to be honest.

I started teaching myself the harmonica a couple months back. That's pretty fun.

Everyone's lying, they're not musical at all.

They volunteer for N-E Band Aid and then buckle... tres disappointing.

Everyone's lying, they're not musical at all.

Word man. These bitches are a let down, and don't let them say otherwise. Particularly the people who clammored for the best lines, and didn't deliver. :mad:

I agree. I sent EEVIL recordings of my pr0 singing skills and could not believe no other bugger would as well. Unbelievablings. :nono:

Will there be another of these N E Band Aids or was it just a one-off thing?

Sounds sexual.

Will there be another of these N E Band Aids or was it just a one-off thing?

Sounds sexual.

I might be a one-off thing if it actually happened. Who knows, if we started harassing people now it might be done in time for this christmas. :blank:

I vaguely play piano, as in had lessons years and years ago. Then switched to guitar, now I 'play' bass and Ukulele.

(By play I mean I own and occasionally strum on :V)

I'm a self-taught guitarist and have been for about 5 years. I don't play in a band, but would like to. :D

Drums over here. Not too great. Despite what you said about GH, I'm pretty great at rhythm games as is Mr. Villan.

Drums over here. Not too great. Despite what you said about GH, I'm pretty great at rhythm games as is Mr. Villan.

Pretty great? Are you taking the piss?

I'm more than 'pretty great'! I'm the best on this forum! I am AWESOME!

On three counts out of four, I've never hidden that fact. But I have no doubt that I edge it in Vocals even if we've never competed in that field :heh: And hey, I'm not too far behind you on guitar. I suffer a bit on drums though, can play three quarters of the songs on expert, but some of them are impossible for me and I drop down to hard on them.

Either way we're still fuckin' pro. :D

I don't think I'd ever be great at piano, in any case. My mild recently discovered dyslexia (I theorise) affects my multi-taskability, and so impairs my ability to play different things with both hands.

Possibly not, but just from my experience.

On three counts out of four, I've never hidden that fact. But I have no doubt that I edge it in Vocals even if we've never competed in that field :heh: And hey, I'm not too far behind you on guitar. I suffer a bit on drums though, can play three quarters of the songs on expert, but some of them are impossible for me and I drop down to hard on them.

Either way we're still fuckin' pro. :D

I can't deny that you're better than me at vocals, because I can't prove I am better. (But have you completed RB1 vocal career on Hard?)

And it's only a matter of time before I whump that opening bit to 'Painkiller'...

But I am fucking pro, no doubtabboutit!

I couldn't be bothered with the vocal tour. Was playing through it on expert but I lost interest, same thing happened on RB2. I got the achievement for 100%ing a vocal song on expert on RB1 with Hysteria. :D Can't remember what I got it on RB2 but it wasn't a cheaty song. I love the vocal part of the games but not for too long.

For good measure, I must say that I did in fact both record and send in my lines for last Christmas' Band Aid. I, too, am disappointed at the lack of attendance.

And to the topic at hand, I have always had quite a natural flair for music. Not only am I, if I may say so myself, pretty good at rhythm games like StepMania and Guitar Hero, I've also played a number of different instruments - including xylophone, drums, piano and ocarina - and song! - in my past with pretty good results. But alas, I have only ever received proper teaching in the ways of the piano, and that was so many years ago that I cannot remember anything I ever learned bar a tip or two. I do, however, still use my piano (and the wicked piano-emulating program for the computer called KeyBored) regularly, as I often teach myself to play songs from video games etc. by ear. I also sometimes find the sheet music online and play from that.

My class being made up of both classics students (like me) and music students, not to mention my best friends being music students, I see all their performances, and, quite frankly, am very jealous of them, as I love to play and perform. I want to do more with music when I get the opportunity, possibly try to get proper teaching, and I want to try to learn to play guitar at some point in my life.

I play Guitar, Drums and Piano. I started on the guitar about 11 years ago. The Piano was even longer, about 13 years ago and Drums was more recent (7 years). I progressed on all three to Grade 8. My personal favourite to play is Drums, I like hitting things and making loud noises.

I can also play a bit of Banjo/Mandolin and used to play trumpet many many years ago.

For good measure, I must say that I did in fact both record and send in my lines for last Christmas' Band Aid. I, too, am disappointed at the lack of attendance.

Yes you did, I still have the contributions given by members last year. It was just a shame that after a scramble to volunteer for lyrics the actual delivery of material was lacking.