NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ellmeister

Exams 2009!

Had an Accounting exam last Tuesday, was a dirty question in there. Now tomorrow and Friday I have two Computing Science exams, both starting at 9am = me getting up early. The freaking nerve of exams :nono:

*Hasn't woken up that early in months*

Had a physics practical today, went alright :) Got a chemistry one tomorrow followed by a physics written paper (it's a half paper) which should be good fun. After that i've got nothing for a while :)

Had a physics practical today, went alright :) Got a chemistry one tomorrow followed by a physics written paper (it's a half paper) which should be good fun. After that i've got nothing for a while :)

OCR A2 by anychance? I'm hoping it's something mindlessly simple like a titration. I'm in incarceration for 5 hours!

Last exam tomorrow! YAY!!

Then party time!

seconded!!!! Come 11am I shall be a free man for a few months :p

I wish I knew when my exams were. AFAIK my next one is 5th June, but I'm not sure. I wish I could revise.

seconded!!!! Come 11am I shall be a free man for a few months :p

I have a three hour exam from 10 so I'll be smelling the sweet air of freedom a couple hours after you. :heh:

Good luck!

I've done criminal law for 3 years up to now. I don't need luck. I need rest and a little bit of a catch up ;) I'm sure you'll do great to! Good luck as well!

Also when does everyone finish their last exam?

Hmm, first (and probably hardest) one tomorrow afternoon. Feeling the nerves a bit now.

I've done criminal law for 3 years up to now. I don't need luck. I need rest and a little bit of a catch up ;) I'm sure you'll do great to! Good luck as well!

Also when does everyone finish their last exam?

Haha! Nice!

Yeah, mine tomorrow I could probably Twitter it to the examiner and get an ace mark. Just want to get it done with so I can go get drunk all night. :heh: (Not that exams really stopped me...)

Gah, I wish mine would come already. This last week of school is going to be a waste of time, anyway. I bet we won't learn much new and useful, anyway, and my self-discipline has hit a new low.

OCR A2 by anychance? I'm hoping it's something mindlessly simple like a titration. I'm in incarceration for 5 hours!

5 hours? thats a bit long :/ How did you find it btw? Thought mine went rather well though my concentration H202 was a bit off what is was supposed to be (0.83 i think it needed to be, mine was 1.09...).

Hmm, first (and probably hardest) one tomorrow afternoon. Feeling the nerves a bit now.

And it's done, went okay. Next hardest is tomorrow morning though...

And it's done, went okay. Next hardest is tomorrow morning though...

Taking them top to bottom? In that case it'll be great when you're nearing the end.

Taking them top to bottom? In that case it'll be great when you're nearing the end.

Not entirely, the last two (out of four) are switched round. Hmm, looking forward to relaxing once they're over now.

Well thats me had 4 out of 5. All four so far have been easy, and the last is 9 days away, and the easiest subject of all.

I'm feeling good!

My first yearly test is tomorrow: Written Greek. It's probably the one I'm most worried about, to be honest. The day after tomorrow it's written Latin, the one I'm most worried about after Greek, so I get the worst out of the way first.

That being said, I'm fairly optimistic. It's not too bad when you're in the middle of it. It's the nervousness up until the test itself that's a bitch.

Urrgghh frak this. Finished my art but next week I have 3 3 hour exams, 2 English and biology, which I need A's in to get into uni... feeling like I'll never be able to remember enough of biology, (why did I choose an A level that revolves around memorising hundreds of useless facts?) and I find revising English impossible. 8 days and I'll be free of any work until October... just hope I can pull it off :S

I hate the way I can't revise. Got a D.T (well tought at my school pfffft) 3 hour one on Friday, done little revision of note. then English AKA the Memory Test.

Surely analysis of any text is hindered HUGELY by not allowing a student to have it in the exam?

I hate the way I can't revise. Got a D.T (well tought at my school pfffft) 3 hour one on Friday, done little revision of note. then English AKA the Memory Test.

Surely analysis of any text is hindered HUGELY by not allowing a student to have it in the exam?

You should try biology. As I say, all it is is a contest to see who can rememebr the most of hundreds of useless facts.

But yeah agreed... closed text exams = largely stupid. I've barely started learning quotes as well :S the plan is, John Clare quotes tomorrow, Hamlet quotes Thursday, War synoptic quotes Friday. Not convinced Im gonna pull this off though. Im stressin'.

I have an exam in 6 hours, I should probably get some sleep O_o

Also, my last exam is friday, I need 4% in it to pass the module, problem is I probably can't even get that !_!

All finished as of yesterday afternoon, thankfully. Now for some hardcore relaxing until results come out.

Done with my yearly test in written Greek, and it went really well! :yay: The syntax analysis and morphology parts as well as the translation and translation commenting parts were easy compared to assignments I've done, and that gave me lots of time to write some good and detailed answers to the background questions to the text.

Next up is written Latin tomorrow. I feel a lot calmer now that the Greek test (the one I consider the hardest of the two) went so well.

The syntax analysis and morphology parts

Which theoretical frameworks do you use for these, if any? Congrats on it going well, anyway - good luck for your next one.

Which theoretical frameworks do you use for these, if any? Congrats on it going well, anyway - good luck for your next one.

Thanks. :)

Well, when analysing syntax we break down the sentence(s) and identify the different parts like the subject, the verb, direct and indirect objects etc. I am not quite familiar with the English vocabulary in this area, so bear with me.

When doing morphology, we are presented with a number of words from a text. By backtracking we identify the original form of the word and determine the mood, the aspect, the tense etc. of the word. (If it's a verb. If it's a noun or a pronoun, we identify the case, the gender and so on.)

Sign in to follow this