NEurope
Ashley

Phantom Page Issue

Anyone else still have this issue with the Funny Videos thread.

Erm, I'll try to cap later. When this problem first happened I went through every single setting in the forum settings one by one I think(all posts per page options at least) and it didn't fix anything. I have at least 2 phantom pages in User Image Gallery at present, on max views per page(40?). On the forum view, where it shows posts and views per thread, it SAYS the thread has 13,613 posts, however the last post in that thread is post #13548. That's...63 more than there is, which'd mean at least one more page, if not two. I spose we'd never see if the thread was going beyond 2 pages extra though, would we?

Right. Had a play, a twiddle, a workout (including a recount/check of ALL posts which took nearly four hours) and a few other verbs behind the scenes. Do people still have issues?

Hmm well thats a good sign but some of the rebuilds I've done in the past have temporarily fixed it then it seems to creep up on us again so we'll see. But I have done more this time so hopefully....

p.s. <3 you too

I just got it on the Rate The Last Film You Saw Thread.... all the other seem fine though.

Seems gone for me at a glance. The 360 thread was always the worst offender, and that seems fixed.

Yeah the 360 thread is fixed as is HWYD, the two threads with the biggest problems so whatever you did must be along the right lines.

How would everyone feel about just locking these MEGA threads and just starting new ones?

That's like being trapped in a room with an angry bear and giving it sedatives. The problem will crop up again.

Its gone in the Funny Videos, Flash Games, ect. thread.

NVM, its doing it again now.

Well theres been nothing deleted in the funny vid thread for pages (I checked three and got bored) so that throws Dyson's idea out the window...again :p

That's like being trapped in a room with an angry bear and giving it sedatives. The problem will crop up again.

We don't really know that until we find out the source of the problem.