NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Coolness Bears

Disney's animated features! your favourites?

Everyone loves Disney. EVERYONE! @___@

At least one film! :p

So what are your Top Ten Disney animated films? :grin:

I'm not sure how to do this but I was thinking we could make a collective Top Ten NE Disney animated film list as well! any suggestions on how to do this? :)

I think it would be fun. Maybe some sort of poll or elimination?

I want to see whether the lists are varied or they all point in the same sort of direction! :D

There are so many to choose from but I think I have my Top Ten. My list is subject to change as I watch more Disney films as I haven't seen many of them for years! I started this process last week with The Lion King! :)

Top Ten:

10. Lady and the Tramp

505089Lady-And-The-Tramp-Posters.jpg

9. Snow White

snowwhitedvdcover.jpg

8. Lilo and Stitch

B00005JL96.jpg

7. Hunch Back of Notre Dame

P2385099.jpg

6. Little Mermaid

little-mermaid-cover-web.jpg

5. Oliver and Company

oliver_and_company.jpg

4. Jungle Book

boxart.png

3. Aladdin

aladdin-aladdin-dvd-release-9914123.jpg

2. Dumbo

786936694499.jpg

1. The Lion King

simba01_LionKingDVD.jpg

:yay:

____

Gogogogo! :awesome:

Presumably pure Disney not Disney/Pixar?

(will do the list later when I can be bothered to think, but I really wish Disney weren't suck dicks with their DVDs)

Hard for me, but at the moment;

10. Hercules

Hercules_poster_1997.png

9. Hunchback of Notre Dame

Hunchbackposter.jpg

8. Aladdin

Aladdinposter.jpg

7. Beauty & The Beast

Beautybeastposter.jpg

6. Alice In Wonderland

Aliceposter.jpg

5. Pocahontas

Pocahontasposter.jpg

4. Sleeping Beauty

Sleeping_beauty_disney.jpg

3. Lion King

Teaser1.jpg

2. Snow White

Snowwhiteposter.jpg

1. Little Mermaid

Movie_poster_the_little_mermaid.jpg

I know it's early days yet but no one has mentioned Fantasia which is an absolute travesty.

I probably couldn't make a top ten list of Disney films. I've seen virtually all of them but very few have left an impression on me. I think the likes of Dumbo (the drunk scene is just awesome yet freaky as hell when your a kid), the aforementioned Fantasia and Disney did Aristocats didn't they? And of course the Lion King purely because of the adventure of growing up you go on with Simba and the fact that it's probably one of the most beautiful of Disney's classically animated features.

On a related note: http://www.sporcle.com/games/disneyanimatedmovies.php

Also, I wouldn't be able to name my Top 10. It would be too hard, I love those films.

Lion King, Aladdin, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tarzan, Alice in Wonderland, etc. Are all awesome classics.

I'll also mention Emperor's New Groove, which was more comedy-based, but really enjoyable.

Also, The Three Caballeros, which I rewatched recently. Damn, I miss those Disney "acid sequences" (Like the drunk sequence in Dumbo)

TOO MANY MOVIES TO PICK!!!!

10. Lilo and Stitch

9. The Little Mermaid

8. Dumbo

7. The Hunchback of Notre Dame

6. Tarzan

5. Aladdin

4. Beauty and the Beast

3. The Lion King

2. Hercules

1. Pinocchio

Easy.

3. Aladdin

2. Mulan

1. The Lion King

Edited by Cube

10. Little Mermaid

Movie_poster_the_little_mermaid.jpg

9.The Rescuers

Rescuersposter.jpg

8. Peter Pan

PeterpanRKO.jpg

7. Aladdin

Aladdinposter.jpg

6. Beauty & The Beast

Beautybeastposter.jpg

5. Sleeping Beauty

Sleeping_beauty_disney.jpg

4. Lion King

Teaser1.jpg

3. Snow White

Snowwhiteposter.jpg

2.Jungle Book

200px-Thejunglebook_movieposter.jpg

1. Alice In Wonderland

Aliceposter.jpg

How could I forget about Mulan and Peter Pan? There's too many favourites, lol

Im not too keen of The Lion King, i enjoyed it when i was younger. Juts dont appreciate it now like most cartoons.

i enjoyed it when i was younger. Juts dont appreciate it now like most cartoons.

Blasphemous cur.

Actually...does Bolt count? That completely blows all the "hand-drawn" ones out of the water.

i love the animation of this scene as a kid.

Actually...does Bolt count? That completely blows all the "hand-drawn" ones out of the water.

hand-drawn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cgi

Blasphemous cur.

Im sorry, its probobly almost s bad as me not liking Jungle Book.

It's not Pixar though, it's all-disney so I would count it.

And on that quiz, I got them all right except for 1947! Grrr! How could I not know that one? :o

prsccopy.jpg

i love the animation of this scene as a kid.

I love the visual style of Sleeping Beauty. And there's a good reason maelificant is generally considered the leader of the Disney Villains. She's badass.

I'm a huge fan of the villains, and my favourite scene has to be;

The first and still the best. Genuinely unnerving. I always found the thickness of the "wine glass" really appealing to my eyes. I wanted a cup like that.

emperors new grove

maybe lion king

dont really like any outhers all that much, the genie being a prick ruined aladin.

Not sure about a top ten, but my top five are..

5. Pocahontas

4. The Little Mermaid

3. The Lion King

2. Aladdin

1. Beauty and the Beast

I don't quite like the other ones enough to be able to rank them, but a lot are still great, like Hercules, Hunchback, Cinderella, Tarzan and even Brother Bear was quite good. There are still some I keep meaning to see, too - I've still never watched Oliver and Co., Lilo and Stich, and Treasure Planet.

My least favourite? Well Atlantis was pretty dull, and I couldn't stand The Emperor's New Groove.

Hmmm, difficult. Top 6 or so are definite, the rest are a bit hazy. I dont actually like the really old 'classics' like Snow White, Dumbo etc :p

10: Lilo & Stitch

9: Lady & The Tramp

8: Tarzan

7: Emperors New Groove

6: Little Mermaid

5: Mulan

4: Pocahontas

3: Lion King

2: Beauty & The Beast

1: Aladdin

Easy.

3. Aladdin

2. Mulan

1. The Lion King

You win this thread.

Those are my top 3, in that order. The Jungle Book comes in a close 4th, then The Little Mermaid in 5th.

The Little Mermaid. Every. Single. Time.

A defining scene of my childhood.

"KEEP! SINGIIIIIIING!"

ah, ah, AH!

Top:

Lion King

Other top nine/ten (in random order):

Sword in the Stone

Jungle Book

Robin Hood

Fox & the Hound

Rescuers Original & Down Under

Alice In Wonderland

Peter Pan

Little Mermaid

Beauty & the Beast

After the Lion King I never really watched many Disney films, though I watched Mulan the other week and have seen The Emperors New Groove (cos it was on TV).

I've never seen Fantasia, Basil and others, and we never had Sleeping Beauty of video, despite it being a classic, so I don't remember it really.

Due to what I've read of some sites recently, I just wanted to say:

[rant]

Most* of the Classic Disney films that are accused of it are NOT "RACIST"; people really need to learn what that word means, and learn why racism is wrong.

...Instead of claiming any stereotype (non-white seemingly - unless hispanic ;)) as being racist; there's a difference between derogatory/malice and a bit of fun.

I never grew up thinking the Orient were all the same (or buck toothed always wearing triangle hats) or that "Black" Africans were all a load of uneducated/stupid cotton pickers, or club/jazz entertainers; surprisingly enough, even a child can separate reality from "fantasy" and past from present.

People that are offended by the majority* of such things obviously simply have no confidence in who they are.

I certainly wouldn't be offended if a Japanese, or any other Oriental cartoon/film depicted "white" man/men as hairy, big eyed & big nosed etc, I actually love knowing different views and such like that.

And I don't care that the Americans always have "British" (English) and German bad guys; it's just fun (and cool).

All this offendedness seems to be a pretty Western "invention" in most cases, I bet a "born & bred etc" Japanese/Chinese person wouldn't be affected by all but the most extreme WWII style stereotypes.

Obviously there ARE definate NONOs, and I'm not trying to suggest there aren't, especially when it comes to "Black" history; but people need to stop dwelling on past issues (and suggesting that "white" is the only norm***).

As long as people aren't simply just suggesting that Arabs are simply a load of violent theives or the Japanese are all just a load of violent crazies etc etc etc then there's no need to worry.

I notice unintentional sexual euphemisms all the time, but I don't go around complaining

that it's going to brainwash people or give them subconcious messages, just because I automatically hear/read things in that way.

Edit: Bugger the King Louie "racism" theory, which is rather far fetched - The Jungle Book should be banned for these reasons:

Suggesting male elephants lead the herds, maybe they're just a load of sexists at Disney.

And are they trying to suggest the English are just a load of Vultures and Indian "murduring" psycopaths......See, I can do it too.;)

I'm a hairy, big eyed, big nosed, cracker "baddie" and proud.

[/rant]

Sorry; I really had to get that off of my chest due to things I keep coming across/reading.

*A line in the song at the start of Aladdin - which is now changed - was pretty dodgy though.

***That especially seems to be the case today when depicting "Black" people as "Cole Train" style "in da hood" stereotypes; yet having things like the MOBO awards and refering to things such as "Black Culture" (both of which also seem to generalise, as they don't include Tribal things and such whatsoever)

Edited by Kurtle Squad

Sign in to follow this