NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Have yourself a Nintendo Christmas.

With Christmas coming up I was wondering do any of you have any Nintendo traditions? What I mean is are they any games that you always play near Christmas?

For me it is Zelda. Ever since OOT I have played a Zelda game EVERY Christmas since then and as such Christmas isnt Christmas without playing one. I was really annoyed when TP got put back as that was going to be the one I played this year. Guess its either Wind waker, as I have only finished it once, or Minish Cap again.

Anyone else?

..um.. well.. from halloween I always get into 1080 Snowboarding on the N64 (think it's because I bought it just before halloween one year..but I play it all year round anyway..kinda..) ..towards Christmas though I always seem to go for Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes.. and Banjo-Kazooie (possibly because of freezeezy peak..) ..and V-Rally 99..

Yeh I usually play a Zelda at some point, usually OOT itself or Master Quest.

I normally re-play a game i'm getting for Christmas. So this year I'll probably play a bit of Mario and Luigi on the GBA to get me hyped up for the second.

Well, I usually get a plan, last year it was to complete Majoras, I failed...

This year, once I get bored of MK and Sonic Rush, I think I may play Banjo Kazooie and Tooie again, or a long leveling up craze session on Pokemon Blue.

Mario Kart multiplayer bliss, from the SNES, N64 and Cube versions!!!!!!!

Mario Kart online seems pretty christmassy to me :santa:

But yeah..Zelda..like you know from Retro Gaming board I am currently playing through Majora's Mask, and loving it, and unlike the majority I shall not give up ! :grin:

I used to play any of the snow levels on Donkey kong Country on Christmas and end up playng the whole game through till the end.

I usually start a playing Shenmue around Christmas time aswell.

I like playing mario games near christmas, (super mario 64, sunshine, super mario bros. etc...) And it will be so christmass to get mario kart! playing online will be so happy!!! Hopefully lots of goes on the snow donkey kong level! :D

Shenmue is a nice game to play at Christmas, but I kind of wanted to stop playing it, untill I got my hands on the number 3 one.

I ahve noi traditions of the sort.. I usually watch the grinch about 10 tiems tohugh, always on xmas eve too because on it he says "christmas day is tommoro" a bit odd yeah but wel.. thing from when i was a kid

As usual, OoT, but I just finished Master Quest, so I doubt I'l start playing it again right away. Lots of new DS games to keep me busy though ^^

I usually like to get out the SNES and play through DKC III with the MERRY cheat on. Then once i get used to it again and where the bonuses are to be found I fire in the TUFST cheat and sprint through it again to get 105% and the best time I can in order to be top of the rankings.

Plus yeah, OoT is a good one but for Chrimbo memories and I like to get it out and play through the first three dungeons or that, up until the cutscene where its Links dream coming true and then Ive seen enough.

One other one thats great for Chrimbo, Diddy Kong Racing! Ill see you's down in Frosty Village...

I usually like to get out the SNES and play through DKC III with the MERRY cheat on. Then once i get used to it again and where the bonuses are to be found I fire in the TUFST cheat and sprint through it again to get 105% and the best time I can in order to be top of the rankings.

Plus yeah, OoT is a good one but for Chrimbo memories and I like to get it out and play through the first three dungeons or that, up until the cutscene where its Links dream coming true and then Ive seen enough.

One other one thats great for Chrimbo, Diddy Kong Racing! Ill see you's down in Frosty Village...

Frosty Village level is awesome. I love the music!

Shenmue 1 is a very Christmas time game (just a shame I don't have it any more!!)

Also Mario 64 and Diddy Kong Racing remind me of Christmas, because I got my N64 for Christmas with these two PERFECT games (and MRC aswell)!

I often like to play Zelda;OOT, Zelda seems perfect at Christmas;

Twilight Princess would have been great!

This Christmas I'll be playing Baten Kaitos for the first time (which kinda looks/feels like an enchanted Christmas type game to me)!!

and i'll either get Fire Emblem or Mario Kart DS aswell!

I play Kart games....CTR usually makes an appearence, a bittaracin' round some circuits. It's one of my favourite games EVER, a 4 player on that goes down well. It aint Nintendo, but it's SO great!!! ;)

Will be getting MKDS for Xmas hopefully. I played my mates ver. earlier, it's SO good!!

The games that remind me of Xmas are mainly Mario Sunshine and Soul Calibur II for an easily guessable reason. Though there are some others that do a little bit aswell.

not a certain game every year but any odd game on any on nintendo console. normally go for about 5 hours on boxing day. this year probably the original zelda

Sign in to follow this