NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CompSci

230 Volts = ?? Watts?

can some answer me a question, what is 230 volts in watts?, i am asking this casue my mates got a new x850xt pe, but the thing is when he plays gfx demanding games like fear or quake 4 @ high, his pc just turns off after about after 10 mins of play, this does not happen normally, when he is surfing the net and such, so this leads me that it the power supply thats the problem, which i believe is under powered for the card, any how on the back of his PSU it says 230 volts can some plz tell me what this is in watts?

thanks

volts isnt the same as watts. volts is the strength of the electricity, while watts is the amount.

did you check for overheating?

i used the ati tool for the temps and this what i got while playing lost cost

gpu = 64 - 68 celcious

card chipset = 45 - 48 celcious

are these too high

at idle (normall windows use) the temps are as follows

gpu = 37 celcious

card chipset = 36 celcious

A 230V power supply seems really underpowered for a modern PC. Tell him to get a half decent one for £50.

if you're in England, 230-240V is about the standard for a plug socket :-/

find out what wattage the PSU is... as that'll tell us if it's getting enough power.

A 230V power supply seems really underpowered for a modern PC. Tell him to get a half decent one for £50.

the eu standard now is 230v. the uk has come down from 240 and some european countries are/have gone up to 230v.

you wont find anything that plugs into a normal (not shaver) socket made for the eu that isnt "230v" (although actual voltage can be plus or minus 10 or so from that figure in reality)

Don't talk about what you don't know, 230 Volt is NOT = 230 Watt. Lowest PSU you can get nowadays are 300 watt or something.

Sign in to follow this