NEurope
Daft

Star Trek Masturbatathon

If I was directing the first episode, just to fuck with people I would have the first shot be Picard walking up to a replicator and ordering a coffee.

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

9 hours ago, Happenstance said:

If I was directing the first episode, just to fuck with people I would have the first shot be Picard walking up to a replicator and ordering a coffee.

Yeah but Earl Grey Coffee right?

On 05/08/2018 at 9:55 AM, Happenstance said:

Picard goes up to the replicator "give me a fucking Raktajino now!"

Just now, Cube said:

Picard goes up to the replicator "give me a fucking Raktajino now!"

Then turns to the screen and says "Fuck Batman"

The show will just be a realtime retelling of the episode The Inner Light.

On 06/08/2018 at 7:12 PM, Sméagol said:

The show will just be a realtime retelling of the episode The Inner Light.

I hope he ended up marrying that Stellar Cartographer from a later episode. Loved her/that ep. 

Always loved Patrick and his love for Picard, the show and the fans.

Sir Patrick Stewart is just an all-round class act. :)

I grew up watching TOS, TNG and Voyager (didn't really get into Deep Space Nine at the time), but I used to watch it intermittently and quite often the channels that I'd catch it on would show episodes out of sequence. It's a similar thing with How I Met Your Mother. Very tempted to start over and watch TOS in sequence first before then proceeding to TNG and maybe even do DS9 this time around. :D 

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Sir Patrick Stewart is just an all-round class act. :)

I grew up watching TOS, TNG and Voyager (didn't really get into Deep Space Nine at the time), but I used to watch it intermittently and quite often the channels that I'd catch it on would show episodes out of sequence. It's a similar thing with How I Met Your Mother. Very tempted to start over and watch TOS in sequence first before then proceeding to TNG and maybe even do DS9 this time around. :D 

I'd really recommend watching DS9 at some point. It took me a while to give it a chance the first time around as I didn't like the idea of it being set on a space station and I still find Avery Brooks overacting harder to watch than Shatner's but its got some amazing characters and stories. Real top tier Trek.

I always found the first couple of seasons of DS9 a bit rough. Once Sisko shaves his head and grows a beard that's when it all kicks off and starts getting good. 

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I'd really recommend watching DS9 at some point. It took me a while to give it a chance the first time around as I didn't like the idea of it being set on a space station and I still find Avery Brooks overacting harder to watch than Shatner's but its got some amazing characters and stories. Real top tier Trek.

Yeah, I heard good things afterwards, but it was too late by then and I'd already moved onto other things. It's the one show that I know very little about, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I missed out on first time around. Just checking to see if they're on Netflix and I'll start watching when we get back from Belgium.

Just now, Fierce_LiNk said:

Yeah, I heard good things afterwards, but it was too late by then and I'd already moved onto other things. It's the one show that I know very little about, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I missed out on first time around. Just checking to see if they're on Netflix and I'll start watching when we get back from Belgium.

It is on Netflix. I just finished a re-watch on there myself. I tend to watch an episode of Trek in the mornings before work with breakfast. I'm in the middle of my Voyager re-watch at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

It is on Netflix. I just finished a re-watch on there myself. I tend to watch an episode of Trek in the mornings before work with breakfast. I'm in the middle of my Voyager re-watch at the moment.

Awesome, just checked it too and everything seems to be there. Will probably watch an episode whilst I'm on the crosstrainer or in the evenings after work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Awesome, just checked it too and everything seems to be there. Will probably watch an episode whilst I'm on the crosstrainer or in the evenings after work.

I look forward to following your journey through DS9 then!

Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth are no longer boldly going where no person has gone before.

The two actors were in negotiations to star in Star Trek 4 but sources say that talks between the two actors and the companies making the new installment, Paramount Pictures and Skydance Media, have fallen apart, with both sides walking away from the table.

Dealmaking with other returning castmembers — including Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg and John Cho — was expected to follow suit.

Pine was due to reprise his role as iconic sci-fi hero Captain Kirk, which he has inhabited for three movies, while Hemsworth was to have played his father in a time-traveling adventure. (Hemsworth played the role in the prologue in the 2009 movie that rebooted the franchise.)

The deal points came down to the usual suspect: money. Pine and Hemsworth, among Hollywood’s A-list when starring in DC or Marvel movies, are said to be asking the studios to stick to existing deals. Paramount, according to insiders, contends that Trek is not like a Marvel or Star Wars movie and is trying to hold the line on a budget.

The actors, according to sources, insist they have deals in place and that the studios are reneging on them, forcing them to take pay cuts as they try to budget a movie that is following a mediocre performer.

Pine, at least, has had a deal in place for several years. The actor, now a key player in the Wonder Woman franchise, signed up for a fourth movie when he made his deal for 2016's Star Trek Beyond. Hemsworth has been attached to Trek 4 since Paramount, then run by the previous regime headed by Brad Grey, announced the fourth installment in 2016, although his exact status remains murky.

The studio, however, is backing its budget tough talk with past performance numbers. The last movie, Star Trek Beyond, grossed only $343 million worldwide on a budget of $190 million. In fact, one insider says the companies lost money on the movie.

They may as well just scrap the movie at this point.

21 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

They may as well just scrap the movie at this point.

We can only hope :laughing:

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I love the other 3. :( 

I found Into Darkness so fucking terrible that it soured me on the entire Kelvinverse.

9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I found Into Darkness so fucking terrible that it soured me on the entire Kelvinverse.

Same here. I enjoyed Beyond but I've only seen it the once.

Barring First Contact and Generations I'm not really much of a fan of movie-Trek. I've always felt it works better on TV.

3 minutes ago, somme said:

Barring First Contact and Generations I'm not really much of a fan of movie-Trek. I've always felt it works better on TV.

I wouldnt go that far personally. I still love Star Trek II, III, IV, VI and First Contact. Even the others are watchable. I think the Motion Picture is the only one I find a bit of a slog to get through.

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I wouldnt go that far personally. I still love Star Trek II, III, IV, VI and First Contact. Even the others are watchable. I think the Motion Picture is the only one I find a bit of a slog to get through.

You missed out V. Nobody likes V. :D 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You missed out V. Nobody likes V. :D 

V is bad but I don't tend to skip it when I'm going through them. I mean how many movies let you hear 3 old men in the forest singing row row row your boat? :p

• Haha 1